Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

Aliabad Region - Version 1.1 Released!

thanks sickboy!

Well, if I would release replacement-config that would unbalance things for MP gameplay etc. however, if you only place SP, you can look up how to unpbo the file using Eliteness, convert the config.bin to config.cpp (also using eliteness) and find this part:

and change

scaleMin = 1.65;

scaleMax = 2.2;

to:

scaleMin = 0.7;

scaleMax = 1;

and then remove the original config.bin and repack the pbo, should work, :)

Thanks a lot for that tip. I made it into a small replacement pbo, which now replaces the dry grass with the green version. Works like a charm :yay:

and I will be able to use any future updates of your map without further modifications.

@McNools.

My last SP mission on your map is arriving soon, should be released sunday.

Thanks again for your great map! It was pretty cool to create missions on it!

BTW, have you tried the 3 others?

McNools,

I continue to enjoy your great map. Thanks again. One thing that I noticed last night with 1.1 is a pretty major ground texture seam in the South East part of the map. It's right at where the southern most east-west road dead-ends to the east of the map. I don't have the ability to load up the game at the moment, so I can't give you a coordinate, but it's right at the end of that road. Just a FYI should you want to mess with it.

Awesome map again Nools. Big thanks for your effort, and for sharing! :)

Just noticed as i tested this map i cant change my viewdistance anymore. However i think i added a few maps the last couple of days and i got all maps ever released (kinda) in one single folder so its hard to know which lol. :D So im not sure which map is causing it. Just thaught i pop in and ask if someone noticed the same little hickup? I will start taking them out one by one tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for that tip. I made it into a small replacement pbo, which now replaces the dry grass with the green version. Works like a charm :yay:

and I will be able to use any future updates of your map without further modifications.

Good to hear it! now go enjoy the map!

@McNools.

My last SP mission on your map is arriving soon, should be released sunday.

Thanks again for your great map! It was pretty cool to create missions on it!

BTW, have you tried the 3 others?

Sorry mate! forgot all about ArmA yesterday and spend all day recording music instead, haha, and today I'll be rather busy (Birthday parties and whatnot), and tomorrow aswell, I'll try to find some time though, if not this weekend then sometime in the week.

Awesome map again Nools. Big thanks for your effort, and for sharing! :)

Just noticed as i tested this map i cant change my viewdistance anymore. However i think i added a few maps the last couple of days and i got all maps ever released (kinda) in one single folder so its hard to know which lol. :D So im not sure which map is causing it. Just thaught i pop in and ask if someone noticed the same little hickup? I will start taking them out one by one tomorrow.

Your'e welcome! Shouldn't be because of the map, or at least I hope not, I can change my viewdistance with no problems. :)

McNools,

I continue to enjoy your great map. Thanks again. One thing that I noticed last night with 1.1 is a pretty major ground texture seam in the South East part of the map. It's right at where the southern most east-west road dead-ends to the east of the map. I don't have the ability to load up the game at the moment, so I can't give you a coordinate, but it's right at the end of that road. Just a FYI should you want to mess with it.

That's probably hard to deal with, since that's simply where the maps textures end, might be able to make it look a bit better though, but I doubt it. :(

Edited by McNools

McNools: Your'e welcome! Shouldn't be because of the map, or at least I hope not, I can change my viewdistance with no problems.

Du har så rätt. :) Removed all islands and kept yours on and VD slider is fine.

Now begins the fun of adding a map at the time...

Hey Mcnool!

Quick question, I can't seem to play a mission I exported to Multiplayer on this.

Any input?

Quick question, I can't seem to play a mission I exported to Multiplayer on this.

That really narrows it down. Any error message, for starters?

Ill search my RPT.

No real error message, doesnt show up in MP mission selection though

Ill search my RPT.

No real error message, doesnt show up in MP mission selection though

I'm not sure what could be the problem, but I do know others have played MP-missions, so it shouldn't be a map issue as far as I know.

Nice video by the way Wastelander!

Edited by McNools

That's probably hard to deal with, since that's simply where the maps textures end, might be able to make it look a bit better though, but I doubt it. :(

Fair enough. I know nothing of island making, so wasn't sure if maybe it was a file or placement that got missed. No biggie and thanks again for a great map.

Fair enough. I know nothing of island making, so wasn't sure if maybe it was a file or placement that got missed. No biggie and thanks again for a great map.

ah, it's no problem! It's good that you point such things out :)

Great map. Made a mission where a Stryker squad had to move through a village occupied by insurgents to link up with the rest of its platoon. Filling the compounds with an AI garrison script and then fighting through them was good fun!

Pity my AI squad weren't more willing to follow me into the compounds or take cover in them.

Nice map overall and the relatively flat landscape makes a nice change from mostly hill or mountain Afghan style maps.

This is absolutly the most beautyful and realisticly detailed maps I have ever seen. A shame its 5x5, but still. This is THE afghan map.

Great work man.

A shame its 5x5...

I think thats the trick though, this map is not only awesome to play it also runs very smooth, although its not the biggest map ever made its big enough to play a wide ranges of stlyes.

I think thats the trick though, this map is not only awesome to play it also runs very smooth, although its not the biggest map ever made its big enough to play a wide ranges of stlyes.

And it's so artfully designed that it feels much bigger.

I agree, I was using the Flashpoint SP mission on this map with random spawning, and so many times I was in parts of the map thinking .. "I dont remember this section"? If you break the map apart section wise its very well constructed for a campaign to make smaller scenarios out of, and wouldnt always think it was the same map if they are placed correctly, which is a testament to the creation seeing the actual size of it as a whole. Looks really impressive at night in NV & without with the house lighting script set to a larger radius too.

Its a Snipers paradise, tracked/wheeled vehicles playground, town patrol heaven. Hints of hills and plenty of open ground sections.

To be honest this map alone has got me in the editor so much more recently.

Just got back, pleased to see this one out, haven't had much of a play yet, but had a quick fly around and it looks just as good as Hazar which I love.

Thanks mate.

Its a Snipers paradise, tracked/wheeled vehicles playground, town patrol heaven

i think that sums it up nicely

opbar.jpg

A small Mission Package has been released. These missions would not have been possible without the excellent work by McNools

Missions require: Aliabad, Tier One Operators, and ACEX.

There are three missions so far.

- Basics, a warmup scenario to test weapons, scripts, and features.

- Air Magick, where a small six man team check the remains of an IED attack

- Mystic Whisper, the same six man detatchment raid an insurgent HQ

Enjoy

-k

Nice, need to find some time to try it out :)