yurapetrov

Blackhawks by YuraPetrov

@ Spotter:

There is not one, the best you'd be able to do is replace the UH-60Q with the HH-60A, the UH-60Ls don't have guns; it could cause some issues, to say the least.

thanx!

I have a small request i know it can be hard but i think we have a great community with lot of talent ! so here is the thing , i see a lot of Blackhawk now with the new M3P (gau-21 i think). The new version of the M2. So why not make a version with 2 M3P to replace the minigun who are really good but not really effective with light armor and far target ?

6439150299_4cf1ecb51b.jpg

Edited by M1n1d0u

An MH-47E by yp would be killer but I think he has enough planned as it is.

Yeah that would be pretty sick. I've been requesting that for a while, but i think 160th uses the 47G now....but not positive.

Finally got a chance to download these and try them out. Aside from what everyone else has pointed out (no flares, and improve sound) the only thing that is kind of a bummer is that I can't fire hellfires when using ACE since tab lock is disabled. Also they're army blackhawks, you think you could put the US army pilots in it instead of the USMC ones? Aside from that the detail in these are crazy good! can't wait for updates and the new aircraft...especially the DAP version!

Finally got a chance to download these and try them out. Aside from what everyone else has pointed out (no flares, and improve sound) the only thing that is kind of a bummer is that I can't fire hellfires when using ACE since tab lock is disabled. Also they're army blackhawks, you think you could put the US army pilots in it instead of the USMC ones? Aside from that the detail in these are crazy good! can't wait for updates and the new aircraft...especially the DAP version!

In ACE, you need a laser designator, from either another helicopter or someone on the ground, to paint the target. As for the Army pilots and flares, you could write your own config for them to change/add those easy.

I have a small request i know it can be hard but i think we have a great community with lot of talent ! so here is the thing , i see a lot of Blackhawk now with the new M3P (gau-21 i think). The new version of the M2. So why not make a version with 2 M3P to replace the minigun who are really good but not really effective with light armor and far target ?

I think yp is planning on making those as well.

Does this means they could impact the FPS on a low-end system?

Only if player on al low-end system creates mission with a several helicopters. If the player would fly in the helicopter, the FPS will be the same as that of any BIS helicopter.

is there a replacement pack for this? i'd like to have these great models as a default ones.

Thanks! This isn't replacement pack.

Very impresive job...:)

Thanks!

congrats on the update, a note though... UH-60L and HH-60A still are missing flares, is this intentional or a bug? also are there plans for UH-60Ls without the ESSS wings?

also, I know its been mentioned before but some update sounds wouldn't go awry.

I'll add flares at next release. Yes i making UH-60L without the ESSS wings, it will be with M240 machineguns. And i planned UH-60M and HH-60M also without the ESS wings.

I think the flares are coming in the update after this one. Yes. And it's been beat to death. :p

Found a bug, the crew chief on the UH-60L has optics.

Edit:

I have a request, could you please move the fuel pods/hellfires to the pilot's weapon/magazine section of the config? It makes changing load-outs quite a chore... :hang:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/booce/ArmA%20II/arma2oa2012-03-0418-56-48-83.png

Ok i try again, but early the hellfires and fuel pods was in pilot's section and was a problem: fired hellfires don't disappeared from pylon.

First of all great job yurapetrov, i love each one of your releases from the H60-family.

Did you ever consider doing a Chinook in the future? :) Would love to see one with the detail that you put on your babies!

Thanks. Maybe after I finish the whole h-60's family.

I planned this helicopter! Also i want to make MH-60R and MH-60S with this guns.

Yura, keep it cool ;)

Thanks!

Strange, I haven't had that problem. Are you running ArmA 2 or OA/combined ops?

nice to hear some news about a M3P version :p with the ace bullet penetration i think those brdm who destroy my Blackhawk on my mso don't gonna anoying me again :p

Only if player on a low-end system creates mission with a several helicopters. If the player would fly in the helicopter, the FPS will be the same as that of any BIS helicopter.

Thanks for the spot on answer.

hi Yura.

as you have 2 posts for your choppers, I will ask you only here.

-Will you add a seahawk version with m240/m134 for gunners?

-do you plan to add the norrin's fastrope addon to your choppers, like ADuke did on his pack?

thanks

Wiki

PS: keep up your work!!! it's wonderful

Arma 2. I don't try Arma 2&OA.

That could be your problem. You should get OA, wink wink, nudge nudge. :p

hi Yura.

as you have 2 posts for your choppers, I will ask you only here.

-Will you add a seahawk version with m240/m134 for gunners?

PS: keep up your work!!! it's wonderful

Yura seems pretty interested in keeping it realistic, so I'm curious about his answer, but the Seahawks don't carry the M134. Only the M240, GAU-16 (Bravo, Fox and Hotel), GAU-21 (for Romeo and Sierra and maybe the Hotel) and the GAU-17 (Hotel). Plus all the oddball precision rifles depending on who they're carrying as part of the crew (M-14 EBR, M107, SR-25).

I remember an old Discovery Channel SEAL documentary where a Seahawk was carrying M134's, least I seem to remember it being a Seahwak. It was definately Navy.

-edit-

Nevermind. Posted in yp's other thread.

outstanding work......all your helos are superb!

Edited by Isola

From the request thread.

Just keep in mind that that's a Sikorsky PR video and not necessarily what's actually operational. I have a feeling with all the toys on the "BattleHawk," it can't actually lift much or do much other than move lots of weapons around...at least in it's "as depicted" configuration.

What I've read about the battlehawks and DAPs, is that when they carry weapons they do not carry troops or any kind of sling load. Though I remember it being stated that the weapons typically did not take up too much room internally, nor did it come close to lift capacity either. It should technically be able to fit some troops inside, however they would only do so in an emergency situation. The priority is to keep these birds as light as possible, for better maneuverability as an attack helicopter when acting in that role.

What I've read about the battlehawks and DAPs, is that when they carry weapons they do not carry troops or any kind of sling load. Though I remember it being stated that the weapons typically did not take up too much room internally, nor did it come close to lift capacity either. It should technically be able to fit some troops inside, however they would only do so in an emergency situation. The priority is to keep these birds as light as possible, for better maneuverability as an attack helicopter when acting in that role.

It no doubt can still lift stuff, but my point is that a fleet-wide operational "DAP/lift" version isn't quite available yet. The -60S is getting close, but still, having all the toys strapped to it takes it's weight up. A perfect example is the -60H. Technically it doesn't have much "in" it, but with a couple of Hellfires strapped to the side, two GAUs onboard, and all the armor it has, it's pretty damn heavy before anyone actually gets in it. It can still move troops okay, but it's not as light as you'd think.

I'd rather have models in-game that Sikorsky is actually selling/sold than what Sikorsky is trying to sell.

i wasn't disagreeing with what you said, I was simply expanding on it for the benefit of the thread is all. I also agree that I'd like to see real stuff made before future planned stuff... but that is of course up to Yura.

i wasn't disagreeing with what you said, I was simply expanding on it for the benefit of the thread is all. I also agree that I'd like to see real stuff made before future planned stuff... but that is of course up to Yura.

Gotcha, and completely agree. At the end of the day, Yura's choice is what counts and we'll all benefit from it.

Hey Yura, could you please reconfigure the weapon proxies to be a little more uniform? Ideally, it'll be like below so things look balanced. :)

--01 -- 03 -- 04 - 02
05-07 13-15 16-14 08-06
09-11 17-19 20-18 12-10

Right now, things look kinda silly. ;)

Here's the weapon config stuff I have for the weirdness.

Magazines[] = {"GLT_2Rnd_FFARPOD","ACE_1Rnd_HellfirePod","ACE_1Rnd_HellfirePod","GLT_empty_8","ACE_8Rnd_Hellfire","GLT_38Rnd_HYDRA70_unguided","60Rnd_CMFlareMagazine"};
Weapons[] = {"GLT_FFARLauncher_unguided","HellfireLauncher","CMFlareLauncher"};

Could you also add flare memory points? Since there's only one launcher, you'd only have to add 2 points and name them something like this since you only have one launcher.

memoryPointCM[] = {"flare_launcher"}; //You can name it just about anything you want, numbering them for additional launchers
memoryPointCMDir[] = {"flare_launcher_dir"};

Thanks for your time. I'd be glad to help in any way I can if you have any questions.