yurapetrov

Blackhawks by YuraPetrov

I found that RH's Blackhawk sound just wasn't as "real" as the real thing. To me, it sounded a lot like the helicopter thingy in Half-Life 2.

Are you kidding? My BH sounds are recorded from real BH - shame arma sounds engine don't have more sound sources , so i could make it moar realistic

well it's your opinion anyway :p

Are you kidding? My BH sounds are recorded from real BH - shame arma sounds engine don't have more sound sources , so i could make it moar realistic

well it's your opinion anyway :p

Absolutely, it's my opinion and it may be a result of the game engine. I'm only saying what I, personally, hear based on many years around -60s. PLEASE don't take it that I don't appreciate all your work. My addons folder is stacked with a ton of your fantastic weapons and I look forward to any updates you do, should you find the time and desire.

All I was saying was that if YuraPetrov sets his config to use default MH-60 sounds, then the user can pick what sound mod he wants, be it yours or anyone else's. Hopefully you know it wasn't meant to be an attack on you, RH.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks for mirror ;-)

This is beautiful, great work!
thank you yurapetrov ! this is a piece of art
Beautiful model Yura!
Many thanks for this great looking bird!

Thanks to all!

A few little issues.

In the same vein as Myke, shouldn't the US Army UH-60 be in the Army section, not Navy? Lol Likely just a hold over from class inheritance, so no real complaints there. :p

I've noticed that the main-rotor blur is not synced up with the rotor hub, so it looks wobbly. The landing gear is also not animated, however the Shadow geometry for the front gear is. The shadow LoD is missing the rotors, rear landing gear and pylons. Nothing game breaking, so no real complaints here. ;)

A couple requests, though. Could you add FLIR and flares?

Thanks for the amazing addon. :)

Thanks, Addon in US Army section, main rotor blur error fixed, landing gear animation also fixed, and added shadow to rotors and pylons.

Hi yura,

thanks for all the work you do.

Your newest release just came in time and made it for my next little video :)

Its just a set of pictures, i hope you still like it :)

derdoe

Thanks! Very nice video! I like it!

Very, very impressive work yp. Can't wait for more. :D

Thanks! In my plan the next addon is UH-60L

That is some detail you have, always been a fan of your hawk series and the details they entail, especially those beautiful rotor assemblies that so often get neglected, and its nice to see another joining the family! If I may, do you have any plans for UH-60M as well? And if so, and you might require an extra hand in finding some images I'd be happy to assist :)

Thanks! I will add UH-60M to this package when will make the instrument panel with four big displays.

Just one odd thing I've found so far YuraPetrov. You can walk right through the external fuel pods.

I tried with the BIS MEDEVAC, and it does not allow the same.

=) I updated geometry lod, now you can't walk trough outer pylons, but still can walk through fuel pod and inner pylons. I think its better to AI.

Nice looking model, besides the fixed need for the rotor, my only suggestions would be add FLIR, Flares and to add RH's Blackhawk sound mod, I'd suggest the same sounds for your seahawks, jayhawks and any other -60 series aircraft you release.
great addon wish u can add flares to it and change the sound of it and then it will be perfect thanx anywaz its a lovely addon

Thanks! Rotor fixed, but i forgot to add FLIR. I dont wnat to add flares, because the real UH-60Q have only chaff. RH's sounds likes me, but I want to give users a choice between BIS sounds and RH's sounds, so I'll wait until the Robert Hammer modifies his addon so that it supportes mya addons.

That was a nice little surprise coming here today : D

Looks really great, no missing errors.

All i found out was that, like mencioned before, the landing gear wasn't animated, which made it awkward landing on the LHD, as it bounces and stays "landed" a few centimeters off the deck.

Other than that, stellar job!

Thanks! Landing gear fixed in beta 1.1 =)

UH-60Q Medevac UPDATED

Changes

beta 1.1:

- Fixed error when main rotor blur wasn't synced up with the rotor hub;

- Added animation to the landing gear;

- Added shadow to main rotor and pylons;

- Added geometry to outer pylons;

- Added ability to open/close doors for player in cabine.

Known issues

- Only one distance LOD;

- Soldiers can walk throung external fuel pods and inner pylons.

Download 19 MB UH-60Q Medevac beta v1.1

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21359600/yup_uh60_beta11.rar

Outstanding work Yura !

Just one small detail : the wheels.

Your wheels are "flat"

Yura-UH60.jpg

While they are like this on a real Blackhawk (but I guess you know that):

04.jpg

I don't know if it was intended, your seahawks/jayhawk have the good model but I remember those wheels are on your blackhawks since you start making them (=few years ago :P)

Anyway, keep it up and thanks for sharing those with us !

Yura-UH60-2-1.jpg

Thanks! Rotor fixed, but i forgot to add FLIR. I dont wnat to add flares, because the real UH-60Q have only chaff. RH's sounds likes me, but I want to give users a choice between BIS sounds and RH's sounds, so I'll wait until the Robert Hammer modifies his addon so that it supportes mya addons.

Out of curiosity, where are you getting this info? Generally, you can load the ALE launchers with either chaff or flares. They're the same size and form, so it doesn't matter to the aircraft. You can actually program what gets launched manually with in the system of the aircraft. It just needs to know what was put and in which "chute."

If I stepped on yours or RH's toes about sound, I apologize. That wasn't my intent. I really like what I'm seeing with our addons (and RH's) and just trying to "help," though I understand if it isn't taken that way.

you know what ? your addons make me feel like the little kid i was on ofp with the BAS mod ! thanks a lot

yurapetrov - great work :)

btw you could ask Max Power about those 3D rotor blurs and moving rotor feature too

Very very impressive work. Been following Yura's Blackhawk work for a while, nice to see a release!

Got a few "nitpicks" if you don't mind putting up with my whining for a little bit. ^^;

And as a disclaimer, some of this info is stuff I've picked up second hand from asking questions of people that have worked on H-60s longer than me. So if you have a source that disagrees with my claims I'd be interested in hearing more!

1. Somewhere along the way, UH-60Qs were redesignated as HH-60As. Don't even think you can find any reference to UH-60Qs in the technical manuals. (Though they still have EH-60As, have yet to see one of those.)

2. I don't think any pilot in a combat zone would want ESSS and fuel tanks on their bird, due to the weight and restrictions they put onto the airframe. Especially in Afghanistan where the altitude has a serious impact on the aircraft's performance.

3. AFIAK any US Army H-60 can be modded with CMWS and APR-39s, meaning mounting brackets meant specifically for flares being installed on both sides of the tail. Also makes the ALQ-144 obsolete, thankfully.

4. In that cockpit screenshot, seeing the engine torque at 100% while on the ground is kinda scary! Only time I've seen 100% is at 10,000 feet during a single-engine test procedure. :P

5. RH's H-60 sounds are as spot-on as the engine can support. My only complaint of his sounds are that they aren't as deafening as the real thing. :P

Now, I say all these things, but I realize that this is your addon and you can do with it whatever you like. Just trying to be helpful. If you think I'm dumb and don't want to hear more, I'll stay quiet. Or if you'd like I can give a more thorough nitpicking of the model, at least as much as my knowledge will allow me to.

Either way, glad to have something besides the ugly and inaccurate BIS model! :D

Yep, IIRC the blackhawks mount 2 (or more?) countermeasure "magazines", that each hold up to 30 flares/chaff/etc. per "box", with up to 5 different types of countermeasures in each box. I forget the designation for that system, was looking at it/others a couple days ago though.

I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue:

Place down a UH-60Q, NOT EMPTY

Helicopter is spawned with pilot and crew chief

Try shooting through the front windshield at both, the pilot and crew chief.

If that doesn't work, walk to the crew chief side, and shoot through the side window.

I found that the crew chief does not die, only the pilot.

Get in the UH-60Q as pilot. Bring up the action menu, and change to crew chief position.

Crew chief now becomes pilot, and takes off to an unknown point, then stops...sorry I didn't get the exact position the pilot stopped.

This was done on Takistan.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is this a BIS bug, or related to YuraPetrov's bird?

Actually i do believe the 60Q has flares. All standard US Army aircraft are equipped with CMWS (as someone else previously stated) for the exception of OH-58Ds, which still use ALQ-144s (although according to scoutsout.com the new 58F will have CMWS). CMWS consists of both flares and chaff so they can defeat IR and radar guided missiles. they have 2 flare dispensers and 1 chaff dispenser...1 flare on each side and the chaff is usually point towards the tail rotor, which helps with the dispersion (I believe the configuation and amount of pods is different on chinooks as theyre not your typical rotary wing, but i know for a fact that this is how it is configured on Apaches since I worked on them for 7 years, 90% sure that its configured this way on the 60M as well)

Edited by islesfan186

Out of curiosity, where are you getting this info? Generally, you can load the ALE launchers with either chaff or flares. They're the same size and form, so it doesn't matter to the aircraft. You can actually program what gets launched manually with in the system of the aircraft. It just needs to know what was put and in which "chute."

If I stepped on yours or RH's toes about sound, I apologize. That wasn't my intent. I really like what I'm seeing with our addons (and RH's) and just trying to "help," though I understand if it isn't taken that way.

Info about chaff launcher i get from "Operator's Manual For UH-60Q Blackhawk Helicopter".

chapter4.gif

In this book it is written that flares are not used.

figure41q.gif

In this pic only only chaff dispenser shown.

But this manual is 10 years old, so i agree with islesfan186 what blackhawks have two flares dispensers and one chaff dispenser in present days.

yeah CMWS is an MWO or (Modification Work Order, or an aftermarket mod if you will), so it wont be in the 60Q -10 (users manual). Apaches had M130s as well but theyre being replaced by the new CMWS flare/chaff dispensers. an issue we ran into in iraq was not having a real way of testing the CMWS pods because all we had was M130 test sets which were essentially useless cuz we didnt have M130s anymore.

Very very impressive work. Been following Yura's Blackhawk work for a while, nice to see a release!

1. Somewhere along the way, UH-60Qs were redesignated as HH-60As. Don't even think you can find any reference to UH-60Qs in the technical manuals. (Though they still have EH-60As, have yet to see one of those.)

2. I don't think any pilot in a combat zone would want ESSS and fuel tanks on their bird, due to the weight and restrictions they put onto the airframe. Especially in Afghanistan where the altitude has a serious impact on the aircraft's performance.

3. AFIAK any US Army H-60 can be modded with CMWS and APR-39s, meaning mounting brackets meant specifically for flares being installed on both sides of the tail. Also makes the ALQ-144 obsolete, thankfully.

4. In that cockpit screenshot, seeing the engine torque at 100% while on the ground is kinda scary! Only time I've seen 100% is at 10,000 feet during a single-engine test procedure. :P

5. RH's H-60 sounds are as spot-on as the engine can support. My only complaint of his sounds are that they aren't as deafening as the real thing. :P

Thanks for comments and your wish to improve addon.

1. I think what HH-60A is the simple UH-60A with Medevac Kit installed like this: http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/gino_quintiliani/uh-60a_med_walk.htm

UH-60Q is specially modified UH-60L with oxygen generation system, improved cabine lighting and specialized medical equipment.

And i think what medevac builded from modern version of blackhawk UH-60M is known as HH-60M. But maybe i'm wrong.

2. Most viewed pics of UH-60Q has external fuel tanks. But i agree with you and planed release modern version of medevac with four digital displays in cabine and without ESSS wings.

3. Ok, i'll add flares on both sides of helicopter.

4. What is the value of engine torque should be?

5. I am think up something with the sounds.

1. That link is just showing UH-60As with the Medevac kit installed. As long as the airframe has the required mods, the internal hoist and carousel can be moved between any UH-60. UH-60Qs were based on UH-60As, then redesignated HH-60As when the HH-60Ls came along. Both have the OBOGS, specialized medical stuff, external hoist, and FLIR pod on the nose.

2. Yeah, I'd assume most of those are state-side images. When I was in a Medevac HH-60L unit, they always kept the external tanks on to improve the range, but would remove them for a deployment.

3. I did goof a little up there, APR-39 is the Radar Warning Receiver system, which is installed "stock" on every H-60. Meant the AAR-57. And as islesfan186 noted, CMWS isn't covered in the operator's manual due to being a modification, with the exception of checklists for some reason (manuals are dumb like that.)

4. My memory is fuzzy on this, but I think 20% torque on each engine while cruising, and maybe 60% while in a hover. It's been a while since I've been up in one, which wasn't very often anyways.

6. Just a little bit of trivia! But to my understanding, the dedicated Medevac versions (HH-60A/L/M) are National Guard only. Active Duty would only use the Medevac kit. Not 100% on this at all.

And one quick picture that's labeled as HH-60A, showing FLIR, no crew windows, bubble cargo windows, rack for flare launcher on the tail cone, and the two mounts on the rear of the tail pylon for the CMWS sensors/eyes. http://www.pbase.com/jimgarbee/image/139584237

I'm totally confused!

What is the difference between HH-60A from HH-60L?

Well - HH-60A is medical version from UH-60A and HH-60L is medical version from UH-60L no? heh

Pretty much. The differences between the HH-60A and the HH-60L are the same as differences between the UH-60A and UH-60L. And same with the HH-60M/UH-60M. The differences include a number of small changes internally, main thing being an improved main transmission and engines. I also believe that every H-60L has the wider step fairings (The part that attaches in front of the main landing gear) to accommodate heavier vibration absorbers. But apart from that I couldn't tell you any visual difference between the H-60A and H-60Ls.

And as a bonus a picture of an HH-60L, deployed to Kosovo with ESSS and without CMWS. http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Army/Sikorsky-HH-60L-Black/1014325/L/

3. I did goof a little up there, APR-39 is the Radar Warning Receiver system, which is installed "stock" on every H-60. Meant the AAR-57. And as islesfan186 noted, CMWS isn't covered in the operator's manual due to being a modification, with the exception of checklists for some reason (manuals are dumb like that.)

4. My memory is fuzzy on this, but I think 20% torque on each engine while cruising, and maybe 60% while in a hover. It's been a while since I've been up in one, which wasn't very often anyways.

I think there's some general misunderstanding of the various suppression defense systems. You basically have three systems:

1. IRCM, or ALQ-144 "Disco Ball" (or whatever the specific airframe uses). This is the active IR jammer that looks like a bunch of mirrors. Having any other counter-measure doesn't preclude having disco balls. They're effectiveness is a whole other issue, but one that really shouldn't be discussed here.

2. "Fish-eyes," or the Plume detectors. These are the little glass "eyes" that Yura has in his pictures of the nose of the helo. These aren't active, they just detect if a missile is launched. They feed information to other systems, but they're basic function is passive.

3. ALE-x9 launcher systems. Some are ALE-39 (on the -60B), some are ALE-49 (-60H/R/others). These are standard launcher systems that take EITHER chaff or flare rounds. The "Fish Eyes" can be set to automatically launch stuff from these launchers, but that's a setting the pilots make. A chaff round and a flare round are the same shape and size, so the launcher doesn't care which one is loaded, it's just a matter of the "brain" of the system knowing which is which so it knows what it needs to launch.

There's other systems that feed into the chaff/flare system, like the radar warning receiver (on some aircraft, this is the APR-39), but it's not an active counter-measure system. Just info that feeds into the overall "brain."

As for torque... It depends on the series of aircraft (-60A/B/F/H/R/etc), but 20% on deck is normal. The heavier the aircraft, the more torque in flight it's going to pull. In a Bravo/Romeo, seeing ~80% at 120 knots is normal. In a lighter Blackhawk, it's going to be less.

Hello My name is =7Cav=SPC.Profit , 7thCavalry , Im part of S3 and we are fixing to do a New Mod pack and would love to see this in it .The Damage model for the rear tail roter does not work ,,No damage what so ever even with M2..The BTK logistics scrip does not work with it but that might be something with the BTK..I know it comes up as a non transport class so it wont let me put supplies into it..Ill ask BTK if you have no idea what could cause that..Thank you for your time sir..

Edited by Doofy
Had to say thank you