Sign in to follow this  
Maio

The AK-12

not exactly the prettiest rifle in the world :/

smaller ejection port

as if the ejection port on the AK series wasnt small (and jam-prone) enough as it is :j:

not exactly the prettiest rifle in the world :/

Functionality and Reliability over Aesthetics all the time! ;)

;2097005']Functionality and Reliability over Aesthetics all the time! ;)

tell that to Enfield :p

so it's time for making it to Arma... :D give me few days

If you can't beat them copy them. Should have called it the AK-M4.

STGN

The Ak was a copy for starters. :D

But there's nothing wrong with that.

If you can't beat them copy them. Should have called it the AK-M4.

STGN

Lol, yeah and that is because the M4 is a better weapon than the AK...not

anyhow, it is one of the ugliest weapons i've seen, while i consider the Ak74 (m) one which is not gorgeous, but it has style and attitude. But i guess aesthetics are (as it should) be down at the bottom of the list. I guess if it's a proper AK (reliable, accurate and flexible), all the rest doesn't matter anymore

I guess in todays world, if you have no rails, you have no game...

Edited by PuFu

I think rails are the future, for modability... along with bullpup rifles with it's reduced length like a carbine, but with the barrel length of standard rifle. But I guess the main problem with bullpup is it's not very convenient to shoot left handed. Anyway thats off topic.

About the AK 12, I think it's still a prototype, so maybe they'll change the appearance at later time...

Hmm very interesting ,but like i know Russians they will do more prototypes so this is just a start

One of the things that bugs me about the design is the lower receiver. It still looks like it's made out of pressed metal and that fire selector look's like a scaled down version of the old one. The pistol grip also looks shaby.

I still think that the Galil ACE is the best AK variation.

But as Mr_Centepide said, it's still a prototype, things can change.

Lol, yeah and that is because the M4 is a better weapon than the AK...not

anyhow, it is one of the ugliest weapons i've seen, while i consider the Ak74 (m) one which is not gorgeous, but it has style and attitude. But i guess aesthetics are (as it should) be down at the bottom of the list. I guess if it's a proper AK (reliable, accurate and flexible), all the rest doesn't matter anymore

I guess in todays world, if you have no rails, you have no game...

Thats funny, first you say it isn't, then you say it is, which is it?

STGN

Thats funny, first you say it isn't, then you say it is, which is it?

STGN

maybe i come around wrong, due to editing that post of mine: Ak is an overall better weapon than the m4. (note that i had the privilege to shoot both of them, quite recently the m4).

I still see the same weakness point. If you drop an AK, things can get broke because the magazin sticks right to the chamber. There is no shaft as the M16 or the G3 has to prevent that.

I still think that the Galil ACE is the best AK variation.

Ever shoot a gun?

I still see the same weakness point. If you drop an AK, things can get broke because the magazin sticks right to the chamber. There is no shaft as the M16 or the G3 has to prevent that.

Ever shoot a gun?

Yes :), this

I should add that I was refering to the "presentation" and not the functionality, since I never fired it.

Does it have the "balanced" operating system of the AK-107/108? If it is only an AK-74 with some additions, I'm not all that impressed. But I'm sure it will do the job well enough.

maybe i come around wrong, due to editing that post of mine: Ak is an overall better weapon than the m4. (note that i had the privilege to shoot both of them, quite recently the m4).

Thanks for your opinion, but my original comment was trying to illuminate the fact that the M4's capabilities are what is being copied here, which you seemed to agree with is a good thing in you first post at least?

STGN

So, basically you're saying that they're copying the M4 specifically because they're adding accessory rails or is there something I didn't get?

Cool stuff. I wouldn't trade my M4 for one though. :shrug:

So, basically you're saying that they're copying the M4 specifically because they're adding accessory rails or is there something I didn't get?

Thinking this way I could say that Izhmash is copying FB Radom with their latest Beryl variant (pics 2, 3 & 6). :p

Yeah, it looks ugly, and unfortunately, receiver cover, even if it's un-removable (like on this Beryl), is not the best place for mounting sights. Previous systems used sight-base mounted directly to receiver (classic mount, or Beryl's one - similar rails are now popular in US among AK users) - this way sight wasn't so prone to lost it's zero during firing. I know that new covers (on AK-12 or new Beryl) are strengthened and are attached differently, but still I wouldn't be so sure about them...

BTW: what's wrong with AK placement of ironsights? Classic bolt-action rifles (think Mauser 1898 or Mosin) also have them in front of the receiver/bolt group.

The farther apart they are, the better. Nothing really "wrong" with the old AK sight placement, but this is an improvement.

BTW: what's wrong with AK placement of ironsights? Classic bolt-action rifles (think Mauser 1898 or Mosin) also have them in front of the receiver/bolt group.

If you move the ironsights further appart it's easier to line them up correctly.

-Edit: I must be blind not seeing the comment above me-