Dunno if this is the right place to post this, but it would appear that in the modified ACE configs of every ChDKZ (insurgent) soldier with the exception of the commander, the following line has been placed:

model = "\ca\characters2\OpforIns\Ins_Soldier_2.p3d";

meaning that they all have the same model, which has a green balaclava, woodland jacket and winter camo pants. Native ARMA used at least 3 different variants. I don't see why this would be intentional, and it destroys a great deal of the ChDKZ's guerrilla look. It makes them look uniformed, even as the uniform itself looks improvised and ill-suited. I imagine it'd be a quick fix.

On further inspection it would appear that the other two ChDKZ models (winter top and woodland bottom, and all woodland) both had ALICE packs integrated into the models. I assume that the reason they weren't used was because this would interfere with the backpacks of ACE. I confess I know nothing about this, but couldn't the ALICE packs just be removed from the models?

Check your ACE userconfig

search for this section

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Ruckless
--------------------
FEATURES: Ruckless disables models with built-in Rucksacks on the models.
---------
TO RE-ENABLE the original models: please uncomment the define line below
----------
//////////////////////////////////////////////*/
[color="#FF0000"]//[/color]#define ACE_DISABLE_RUCKLESS
/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

delete the red part

Question:

I have written a SP mission that allows the side-by-side use of dozens of addons at the user's discretion. Up to this point I havent added compatibility with any mods/addons that require ACE. The Lost Brothers mod will require ACE and I am considering adding support for that mod.

My concern is that to bring in that mod would necessitate bringing in ACE into the mod list. I dont plan on placing any ACE modules into the mission.sqm, so my question is, what is the real effect of having ACE running. Is it a suite of enhancements that you have to actively select to use, or does it invasively insert itself into the background. I have a few mods that use GLT's missile box and I heard that there are areas of conflict there.

Basically is there a set of parameters I can setup in my init.sqf to limit these conflicts that would still enable me to provide support for ACE units/vehicles? A bare minimum setup so to speak?

Thanks! I am not anti-ACE by any means, but I would like to be in control of what features i use of it, not it in control of me :)

The simplest and safest way to go would to craft the mission using only the addons you definitely want to use. Once finished, run the mission using ACE and see what happens.

It's a full conversion mod, and is opinionated software.

You can read up on what is configurable over at http://wiki.ace-mod.net/API, you can also create ACE modules from init.sqf,

otherwise you can always make config overrides to make things the way you want them http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Modifications

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Is Shtora working? I can't get it working, I used T-90A vs AH-1Z, but Viper always kill me.

T90-A has no Shtora (modern missiles use variable wavelength making Shtora less effective), instead it has ERA / improved turret.

Edited by Sickboy

I'm playing around with zombies, they're using ace_sys_wounds_fnc_addDamage to add damage to the player. However, sometimes I've noticed that ace wounds indicate that I'm bleeding (screen is getting more red and red) and even tho I have bandages in my gear, I can't heal myself. I didnt have morphine at that specific moment but I still found it wierd. Can you bleed out if you don't use morphine? I could not apply any bandages even tho I had plenty.

I'm having a problem where when I host the ACE mission I'm making from my own PC, I am the only one who's interaction and self interaction keys work and the 2 guys helping me test the mission can't use theirs. Anybody had this problem?

Oh I would love a full ace team delvoped campaign, to include everyone last one of there fuctions, and models, explosive types, air craft, repairs, arty, vehicles, etc you get the idea. I know there are some decent campigns out, but I want one that would be diverse putting you into diffrent perspectives from the taliban, russinas and amereicans, each mission utilizing the ace mod to enhance individual missions that compete of an awesome story. THere are just to many spec op missions, want something new.

wow that really would be great an ACE2 campaign I to would love to see this

Could someone please fill me in on how to properly employ the tactical banana?

Also, love the new update. Mirrors? Thank you :yay:

Almost done with the M2A2 aiming circle. Pretty much the last major piece of kit for full-blown artillery simulation! :D

Almost done with the M2A2 aiming circle. Pretty much the last major piece of kit for full-blown artillery simulation! :D

How is a Bradley related to artillery? :confused:

How is a Bradley related to artillery? :confused:

The M2A2 aiming circle has nothing to do with a Bradley. Check google... :p

Xeno

The M2A2 aiming circle has nothing to do with a Bradley. Check google... :p

Xeno

FPDR I need more coffee

Is it possible to disable ACE sniper and use default Bohemia PageUp - PageDown? And if yes how?

Edited by Ivan911

Also, love the new update. Mirrors? Thank you :yay:
Mirrors? 44 services on 22 servers world-wide not enough? :D

Mirrors? 44 services on 22 servers world-wide not enough? :D

I meant the mirrors you added to see around corners :)

I meant the mirrors you added to see around corners :)

Ha, my mistake, living and breathing updaters for a while does that to ya :P

Ohh mirrors have been added?.

I requested these ages ago.

Any one got any vids of these in action I am away from me pc at the moment so cant test them :(

Mirrors? Where? How? Why isn´t this in the changelog?

Mirrors? Where? How? Why isn´t this in the changelog?

Check the raw changelogs at DevHeaven, many unreported changes there.

Is it parallax error when your M119 shells are falling several hundred meters to one side? Me and two other clan members are completely stumped about the cause.

I can hit perfectly when the firemission is within the traverse limits of the gun as placed in the editor (so I don't have to touch the collimator). However, whenever we have to Shift the gun, the correct Deflection setting on the sight leads to the barrel being pointed many mils off to one side.

Do you have to keep the collimator's front and back sights aligned with the howitzer's sight unit crosshair? We accomplish this by rotating the collimator, yet the shots are still off.

The error occurs whether we Shift the gun directly onto the collimator alignment, or whether we Shift and then Traverse the last couple mils.

Any one able to find the mirrors if so please upload a little video :)

Is it parallax error when your M119 shells are falling several hundred meters to one side? Me and two other clan members are completely stumped about the cause.

I can hit perfectly when the firemission is within the traverse limits of the gun as placed in the editor (so I don't have to touch the collimator). However, whenever we have to Shift the gun, the correct Deflection setting on the sight leads to the barrel being pointed many mils off to one side.

Do you have to keep the collimator's front and back sights aligned with the howitzer's sight unit crosshair? We accomplish this by rotating the collimator, yet the shots are still off.

The error occurs whether we Shift the gun directly onto the collimator alignment, or whether we Shift and then Traverse the last couple mils.

Don't touch the collimator! If you do that then you will have to relay the gun if you are off of your original lay (luckily next update you will have the aiming circle so if anyone does that you can reset their gun).

First off make sure that when the gun is initially layed the deflection counter (this is going to be renamed in the next update to reset counter, and the top counter renamed from reset to azimuth, this is to reflect reality) is at 3200 and its sighted in on the collimator. The vertical line of the sight should be splitting the 0 on the collimator. If thats not the case let me know, there was a bug until a couple releases ago that would screw it up in MP (it should be fixed now)

Now say you have a large deflection, lets say 3600. Enter that on the lower counter using the def+/- buttons. Since its over 100 mils from 3200 (400 mils) that means you are going to need to shift the guns trails, so have someone shift the gun while you look into the sight unit (or do it yourself) till you see the collimator come back into view. Shift till you are within about 10 mils of the collimator (using the mil markings on the sight reticle).

Now here comes the magic of the collimator. All you need to do to make sure it is lined up for deflection is place the appropriate mil markings on your sight on the mil markings that you see in the collimator. To determine which side of the sight you need to line up please refer to this image below:

fig4-17.gif

Now say your deflection is so large that your sight unit has displaced enough that the collimator no longer shows anything in the reticle (this happens beyond deflections of about 1000 mils). At this point you will need to adjust the top counter back on to the count you had for the aiming stakes (which is 400 by default). Now you can use the aiming stakes to lay the gun for deflection.

A good graphical guide is located here: http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/11729-a-graphic-guide-to-m119-gunnery/

Thanks for the writeup, an I was using that graphical guide to get this far.

I didn't know about the correct use of the collimator, with lining the mil readout on the scope with the mil gradation on the sight unit.

But that can't be my issue, because the discrepancy between deflection and gun barrel is WAY more than 100mils. The error is too large to be corrected by the collimator.

I start with the gun set up facing due north (collimator set up by the game itself) and try to hit a target that is due west. I go through all the usual steps, but my barrels ends up several hundred mils too far to the left. This has happened with a friend online and in SP as well. With these large azimuth changes, the collimator is crooked when I aim at it, but the numbers still show up as normal.

Edit: One thing I notice is that with these large, 90 degree gun traverse missions, the firing computer gives me an azimuth value that I don't understand. On in-traverse fire missions, I don't get the azimuth readout, just the deflection.

Edited by maturin