Just a little something that might make its way into ACE soon.

That was really very cool, it would be awesome to have a very light smoulder option so the vehicle continues to smoke long after it's destroyed, it's always a bit off putting when one minute a vehicle is raging with fire and then within seconds it's completely out

Nouber has the best youtube account. Why do the HE round detonations occasionally have different sounds? And what is the nature of the thrown projectiles marked by debug smoke trails?

Also, I have a question about ACEX_SM. Nowadays, smoke grenades make strange sounds. Perhaps 2/3 through the duration of the smoke, the grenade itself makes the sound of a single bullet impact. I was playing with Tactical Gamer last night, and half a dozen times I had to calm people down and assure them that we weren't under fire, it was just their smoke. Why on earth do the smoke grenades do this? If it's a realism thing, I'm curious as to what's being modeled.

Different caliber of rounds cooking off. The smaller caliber (5.56 & 7.62) need to not have the big cook off explosion effect. The tracers are showing where the cooked projectiles are shooting off too. Probably need to tone that down a bit too (was tweaking it last night).

But you are aware that those cooked off projectiles are by far not as dangerous as chambered rounds? Otherwise we would not be allowed to transport up to 50kg without a fire extinguisher in our cars :D

And the hull of the wreck will hold off most of the cooked off rounds, since they do not have the energy of penetrating the vehicle.

The sounds are nice, but I doubt small arms ammunition will detonate after such a long time. The ignition temperature is rather low taken into account that the vehicle burns with several hundred if not a thousand centigrade.

Is there any guide to preparing ammo for mortars?

Different caliber of rounds cooking off. The smaller caliber (5.56 & 7.62) need to not have the big cook off explosion effect. The tracers are showing where the cooked projectiles are shooting off too. Probably need to tone that down a bit too (was tweaking it last night).

Could your use the 12.7mm API impact FX for the smaller caliber rounds?

Don't T-72s pop their lids when they cook off, especially when explosive as that?

Don't T-72s pop their lids when they cook off, especially when explosive as that?

Watch the last one. :p

Watch the last one. :p

Ah, I didn't notice the turret fly off in the fireball/smoke and stopped watching before the dust cleared. :rolleyes:

it's very similar than the Syrian BMP video , also i have a special request , i know when you hit the Ammo sometimes you can have some FX like that :

Holy crap thats scary I would not want to be in that tank :(

Does the ammo cooking off inside the tank stay inside and "bounce around" killing the occupants, if the fire didn't already get them?

Does the ammo cooking off inside the tank stay inside and "bounce around" killing the occupants, if the fire didn't already get them?

Yea. Its kinda freaky. Haha.

I got a question, I have added a magicbox to my mission however as the magicbox should have everyweapon inside it does not actually have every weapon? It has some AK's and then just equipment, what is the problem?

Sweet Jesus, that's brutal. So if the vehicle that is on fire doesn't have any ammo, does it still have cook offs? And does ammo in the vehicle's cargo cook off too?

I got a question, I have added a magicbox to my mission however as the magicbox should have everyweapon inside it does not actually have every weapon? It has some AK's and then just equipment, what is the problem?

The Magic box only displays weapons/items/ammo for the units "side".

Sweet Jesus, that's brutal. So if the vehicle that is on fire doesn't have any ammo, does it still have cook offs? And does ammo in the vehicle's cargo cook off too?

The Magic box only displays weapons/items/ammo for the units "side".

Then how can I get a box full of every weapon for every faction with ACE ones as well, I am pretty sure I saw every ACE Domination having that kind of box with every weapon...

EDIT: Dont mind! got it all

Edited by Sakowski

Are the timers on satchels broken? If I select the 2 minute detonation option they won't go off at all. There's a mission I'm trying to play right now thats completely broken because of that :(

You have to set the time and then arm the satchel.

Updated cook off...

TBmgQCoGbjY

Is that stock ACE? I don't recall ever seeing guys on fire like that...

Is that stock ACE? I don't recall ever seeing guys on fire like that...

That's in stock ACE already for a long time...

Xeno

Performance for this is disturbingly... good. Had a test last night with 10 people running around blowing up dozens of vehicles at a time and experienced no desync. Since we were destroying more vehicles at once then any normal game would have it seems like it will scale well.

Did run into a bug where sometimes sound sources do not get deleted by the engine... That is fun, but it seems like a result of again more than a realistic amount of vehicles exploding at once (read BM-21 truck farm with 50 trucks and their rockets cooking off and flying everywhere!).

Also I have implemented the "syria tank blow torch" effect on vehicles that have a commander slot... :D