AHm sick? I only update ace with your updater, right now it says for navy and RU incompatible? Why could that be, haven't had that prob ever..no way for me to update them right now

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

AHm sick? I only update ace with your updater, right now it says for navy and RU incompatible? Why could that be, haven't had that prob ever..no way for me to update them right now
Sounds like it only detects OA and not A2; If its steam, run the steam launcher as admin and then run a2 original through it.

otherwise check the selected / detected game edition in SU.

hm, the point is i think i always had dynamic preset with checked beta for jayarma2lib_new , and it always worked. I only updated the updater itself on last startup. I don't have steam. I also tried different profiles, like ace OA or so. I can update ace, acex and stuff, but not ru and usnavy. It always worked whith updating client and server..Maybe uninstall and reinstall updater??

is the updater checking the pbo's in the addons folder of arma2? Cause i cut out some pbo's and launch them from my usb-stick..

ah, i selected A2 any in profile, now it says skip..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

I can't say if this is mission-specific, but I noticed when playing the other day that after I used "Examine..." on a dead body, and it said "He is dead", the text window stayed up essentially forever and would not go away. Anyone else see this? If it's just me I'll chalk it up to some sort of mission bug.

So does anybody know a way to use SetObjectTexture on ACE littlebirds?

Hi i'm having trouble to use ACE spectator script, with the wounds module poor man revive. When I die, I see the spectator script launching then black screen ?

Still no one for this issue ?

So does anybody know a way to use SetObjectTexture on ACE littlebirds?

Ask Dyslexi of ShackTac. I see his clan playing with blue and red Littlebirds.

Anyone having problems targeting with Javelin?

Done the usual thermal on and zoomed in fully, no lock or beeping at all.

Make sure you have a clear line of sight.

Yeah had a clear line of sight.

It switches from NFOV to seek over the target but does nothing else.

Edit - Both local and on dedi.

Edited by KeefehB

Are you running Mando Missiles? That's the number one reason the Javelin won't work.

Are you running Mando Missiles? That's the number one reason the Javelin won't work.

No mate we got rid of it.

Is there a way to Keybind Ace Interaction-> Knockdown Person

It's a great feature and very helpful but a fast deployment of the technique would really make it usefull during CQB, for now it's only an option if you would have to reload.

No mate we got rid of it.

Perhaps it was the latest ACE update that broke it? They fiddled around with it to make it "more reliable". I'll test it out right now to see if that is the issue, I just updated to the latest version now.

Edit:

Confirmed. The Javelin no longer works.

Edited by b00ce

It's a great feature and very helpful but a fast deployment of the technique would really make it usefull during CQB, for now it's only an option if you would have to reload.

I would like to see that as well.

Could you try with the latest beta patch again (currently 94209) ?

Thanks.

Could be caused by using some of the new scripting commands introduced lately (though those changes should not be in the release version yet).

As always: Please report issues to our tracker.

No, it's currently limted to the interaction menu only (may change in the future).

Xeno

Could you try with the latest beta patch again (currently 94209) ?

Thanks.

Could be caused by using some of the new scripting commands introduced lately (though those changes should not be in the release version yet).

As always: Please report issues to our tracker.

I just tested it with the latest beta/ACE and it doesn't work. I go to thermals and zoom, all I get is the gray border and the green lock on symbol(square with a circle). There's no tracking gate, cross or beep.

I'll write up a CIT after I record and upload a demo vid.

Edit:

CIT:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35180

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zDKPNP3EUk

Edited by b00ce

Dunno if this is the right place to post this, but it would appear that in the modified ACE configs of every ChDKZ (insurgent) soldier with the exception of the commander, the following line has been placed:

model = "\ca\characters2\OpforIns\Ins_Soldier_2.p3d";

meaning that they all have the same model, which has a green balaclava, woodland jacket and winter camo pants. Native ARMA used at least 3 different variants. I don't see why this would be intentional, and it destroys a great deal of the ChDKZ's guerrilla look. It makes them look uniformed, even as the uniform itself looks improvised and ill-suited. I imagine it'd be a quick fix.

On further inspection it would appear that the other two ChDKZ models (winter top and woodland bottom, and all woodland) both had ALICE packs integrated into the models. I assume that the reason they weren't used was because this would interfere with the backpacks of ACE. I confess I know nothing about this, but couldn't the ALICE packs just be removed from the models?

Edited by kosmonaut

I confess I know nothing about this, but couldn't the ALICE packs just be removed from the models?

Nope, it is not possible unfortunately.

Is Shtora working? I can't get it working, I used T-90A vs AH-1Z, but Viper always kill me.

Edited by kllrt

Were you looking at the Viper/missile with the turret?

Is Shtora working? I can't get it working, I used T-90A vs AH-1Z, but Viper always kill me.

Isn´t the AH-1Z armed with wire guided TOW missiles?

@b00ce Yes, I was looking directly at the Viper.

@Tonci87 I think it has AGM-114.