Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

After Kim Jong-il: The Future of North Korea

To be honest I don't believe we will see any hostile movement from NK. It's all about their love to, now dead, Kim Jong Il and faith into his "supernatural" powers. This propaganda lies jokingly turned into truth, and now even high communist officials believe that Kim wasn't normal man. Even normal people, who feel tight fist of the system, are really depressed after Kim's death - great respect to "mother of the Nation" (yep, they're calling him "mother") is present even among those who'd escaped from NK. So now I'd rather see their generals committing suicide than rushing their tanks to southern border.

Also, don't forget that both Koreas are made upon probable war with it's neighbor. North needs South to tell people that they've to live in tragic conditions, because they have to prepare to war with Seul. South, on the other hand, made it's economic and industrial success on producing equipment that could possibly be used against North. This is the key to success of, for example, Samsung - biggest electronic manufacture in Korea. Or look at Daewoo - such giant and badly managed corporation should went bankrupt hundreds times! But it was saved by SK government because it makes rifles, ships and other equipment of Korea's army. Only thing which had changed is that Daewoo cars are now sold in Europe as Chevrolet!

South needs North and North needs South - otherwise both systems will fall.

To be honest I don't believe we will see any hostile movement from NK. It's all about their love to, now dead, Kim Jong Il and faith into his "supernatural" powers. This propaganda lies jokingly turned into truth, and now even high communist officials believe that Kim wasn't normal man. Even normal people, who feel tight fist of the system, are really depressed after Kim's death - great respect to "mother of the Nation" (yep, they're calling him "mother") is present even among those who'd escaped from NK. So now I'd rather see their generals committing suicide than rushing their tanks to southern border.

Also, don't forget that both Koreas are made upon probable war with it's neighbor. North needs South to tell people that they've to live in tragic conditions, because they have to prepare to war with Seul. South, on the other hand, made it's economic and industrial success on producing equipment that could possibly be used against North. This is the key to success of, for example, Samsung - biggest electronic manufacture in Korea. Or look at Daewoo - such giant and badly managed corporation should went bankrupt hundreds times! But it was saved by SK government because it makes rifles, ships and other equipment of Korea's army. Only thing which had changed is that Daewoo cars are now sold in Europe as Chevrolet!

South needs North and North needs South - otherwise both systems will fall.

Same story with Republic of China (Taiwan) and the People's Republic of China more or less.

Waiting for Hillary Clinton to make a Immoral joke. maybe her public image advisor got to her in time eh.

:shrug:

Edited by freeman83

Waiting for Hilary Clinton to make a Immoral joke. maybe her public image advisor got to her in time eh.

:shrug:

At least she knows where NK is on the map, and who is allied to the US and who isn't, contrary to :

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010

LoL XD

I am not from that neck of the woods, but i have heard about Sarah Palin, she has made a name for herself on a global scale. LoL. She must have good funding or something because she couldn't have got in to politics by merit.

LoL XD

I am not from that neck of the woods, but i have heard about Sarah Palin, she has made a name for herself on a global scale. LoL. She must have good funding or something because she couldn't have got in to politics by merit.

She got into politics on merit, because she was elected in a "neck of the woods."

Alaska has like 500,000 people in it, most of them paid to live there by oil companies. Anybody could get elected mayor there.

why this does turn into US politics thread again, cease it or meet some infractions

I think its great news he's finally 6 feet under, even if its not going to change anything. :dance1:

I think its great news he's finally 6 feet under, even if its not going to change anything. :dance1:

Not yet, he will be buried on the 28th and a day later they want to have a national day of mourning ;)

What about the mini-me? He is still attempting world domination with his evil music covers!

OTya267fe1Y

He died of roneriness

Can't get that bloody song out of my head now - even my kids are wandering round the house singing it.

Irish news showed the ronely song saying "this movie is for certain, not among his collection of 1000's of hollywood movies "

According to SPIEGEL Online, Kim Jong Un will not be the only "beloved leader". He will divide his powers and hand over some of it to his uncle Jang Song-Thaek and to the military.

Meanwhile in NK:

http://spon.de/ve32q

Apparently North Korea doesn't have enough money to preserve Kim Jong-il's body.

Looks like the North Korean people are going to have to settle for Kim Jong Jerky.