Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86277 (1.60 MP build)

The M240 is indeed bad-ass, but the MK 48 camo is also way cool, and powerful as hell.

And seany beats me with ~2 years for noticing this :)

/KC

heh heh almost forgot about this one :). Cheers for blowing the dust off :D

Ai steering still quite bad. They are affected too much by those objects aside the road.

True, a Rabbit near the road can bring AI drivers to a complete halt until it goes away

Tanks lack "turn out " action:i tested with t72 and TUSK

Are you sure, this isn't just an "effective commander" issue? I.e. when you're not the commander of the vehicle, you cannot "order" to "turn out".

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Ref. objects affecting AI steering; ticket with repro or it didn't happen.

True, a Rabbit near the road can bring AI drivers to a complete halt until it goes away

It's probably not what he meant with "objects aside the road", but we have a ticket for that:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3450

Oh yes, those random rabbits really are a pain in the ass as they can destroy a whole cutscene (for example). The AI in vehicles really has a problem with situations like this. :(

Thanks for the ticket link, Fireball.

curious how a tank will come to a grinding halt for a rabbit, but if say, a friendly is in its way, it will happily grind him to a paste with out so much as blinking

curious how a tank will come to a grinding halt for a rabbit, but if say, a friendly is in its way, it will happily grind him to a paste with out so much as blinking

PETA came with this game, sympathy did not :D

Seriously tho, those grunts groans and screams of bloody murder of ai being run down...is depressing.

In my opinion any AI on foot including man and animals should be aware of vehicles. If a man or an animal notices a vihecle coming to him\it, then him\it should quickly do some dodging amination just like GTA style.

In ARMA series, AI on foot is too careless of incoming vehicles.:(

IIRC there is or was a ticket about animals/civilians crossing roads and causing chaotic + strange reaction to AI drivers. This problem/bug exists since A2. Maybe its easier to stop any AI/animal/civilian from crossing roads if vehicles are driving within a certain range ~20m to them? Or something like "stop-walking" if vehicles are driving close by ~2m?

Or something like "stop-walking" if vehicles are driving close by ~2m?

This wouldn´t do anything good at all, the damn animal/NPC doesn´t need to move to make the AI come to a complete halt. One rabbit siting next to the road is enough

If AI driving on road then delete all animals/civilians on roads and close by

else AI drivers are free to kill them. :icon_twisted:

If a man or an animal notices a vihecle coming to him\it, then him\it should quickly do some dodging amination just like GTA style.

Hollywoodish diving will be too stupid in this game. They should just stay out of the way and not wait until vehicle is 10 cm away to do a KEWL MOVE. Considering that in ArmA you can see them coming a mile away.

A trigger set to civs will activate if an object such as a barrel is in the area but a vehicle won't try and avoid it when it's in the road. There must be some other parameter.

Excellent repro and ticket. IMO, this is the first issue that should be addressed for 1.61.

+1 from me

Driver pathfinding and AI kneeling instead of standing when shooting should be addressed first in 1.61

I did a test a few days ago. A battle between my fireteam and several enemy AI squads in the village. I was doing a massacre of AIs while standing AIs in my team couldn't hit anything. But as soon as I ordered them to crouch - "enemy down" "enemy down" "enemy down" "enemy down"