shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

Hello all,

Pretty busy I' am - thanks Yoda.

I tested it yesterday, and I see the problem with the ACE CAS but not with the regular CAS.

And I can see the problem of HALO in the Unit management menu 4.

I'll fix them ASAP.

Rest of the issues I can't reproduce both on dedicated or local. I'll need your help to provide as much details as you can (island, mods used, and how did you use the mcc action).

I'll try to release a new version this week it will include bug fixes and I'm planning on adding MCC logic so you could define this variables as:

1. Should MCC kick on or not? Do you think MCC should run by default or only if the logic is present?

2. Who can access the mission generator?

3. Who can override the current mission maker?

I'd like to got you feedback on that idea.

it's the paradrod option where i'm transferred to the plane and rear opens.there are 2 choice in this options halo and pardrop.i tell about mcc sandbox mod version.

This issue real annoys me since I can reproduce it. Please try to disable all mods but CBA, ACE, ACEX and run it on Uthes. Tell me how it worked?

The other CAS options do work for me. I'm playing CO SP on Takistan. The other ACE functions seem to be ok (ex. I can spawn a jerrycan in a zone). Any idea what could be wrong?

I got this yesterday will be fixed next update.

I tried it in MP and SP too. Now since I use SixUpdater it works fine in SP. In MP host I don't get Mission generator menu :( What should I do when i want to play with my friend in Coop? Should I make a mission in editor with 2 playable soldier. Save it as MPMission start it and the rest sould I paste from my predefined txt?

Yes, to play it in MP you'll need atleast one playable character. I'll release MCC template which are actually a base structure of units using F2 Framework.

Great mod, thanks!

Cannot get CAS and HALO to work, request for airdrop, plane flies and does nose dive and crashes. HALO nothing and CAS never arrives. Are there conflict with other mods that you know of. I am using ACE and update weekley.

HALO after a few minutes, red smoke but no drop???

Thanks,

Scott

Same as for Sevy try Vanilla or just with ACE to Isolate the problem. Are all the CAS options not working? Or just ACE?

About the HALO there are two types of HALO once for the Special Forces SF, from menu one. It will only work if you named you character sf1 to sf12.

Try naming you character and try again.

The other one from menu 4 is a little buggy atm.

shay_gman,

Thanks for this great mod. I`m having problems getting re spawn to work.I went to my Docs arma2 etc,found the mission folder and made a file Description.ext,dropped the re spawn text in as you suggested,but no joy.I do have the drop down option for up to 10 re spawns in MCC. I do use ACE.

It`s obviously some thing I`m doing wrong. Any help appreciated!

Thanks,Wolf72nd

In order for respawn to work correctly you'll need the description.ext as mentioned:

respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 15;
respawnDialog = false;

You'll have to make a start zone for that side. That can be done through the 2d editor by placing a marker "respawn_west" , "respawn_east " exc.

Or by clicking on the Start West, Start East, Start Gue from menu 1 in MCC

I'll try to release a new version this week it will include bug fixes and I'm planning on adding MCC logic so you could define this variables as:

1. Should MCC kick on or not? Do you think MCC should run by default or only if the logic is present?

Hi,

I think with game Logic the MCC would make more sense.

Because so it can run on MP Servers and you can also play missions without mcc influence.

The 2nd thing would be very good, I use the MCC since a few weeks for my guys to let them get into more simulation gaming.

And its not so cool that every player can set his own Gras Level.

Is there at the moment also a way to prevent this?

Hi,

I think with game Logic the MCC would make more sense.

Because so it can run on MP Servers and you can also play missions without mcc influence.

The 2nd thing would be very good, I use the MCC since a few weeks for my guys to let them get into more simulation gaming.

And its not so cool that every player can set his own Gras Level.

Is there at the moment also a way to prevent this?

Hi,

So far there isn't. I'll add that the game logic thing.

The only dilema I have is should it run only when the game logic is present or not.

I like the idea that you can get missions of the box and alter them to the old role playing game with some human brain incharge, but some think it's overpowered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottD5800

Great mod, thanks!

Cannot get CAS and HALO to work, request for airdrop, plane flies and does nose dive and crashes. HALO nothing and CAS never arrives. Are there conflict with other mods that you know of. I am using ACE and update weekley.

HALO after a few minutes, red smoke but no drop???

Thanks,

Scott

Same as for Sevy try Vanilla or just with ACE to Isolate the problem. Are all the CAS options not working? Or just ACE?

About the HALO there are two types of HALO once for the Special Forces SF, from menu one. It will only work if you named you character sf1 to sf12.

No all CAS do not work, CAS worked in previous version of MCC(MP), but not in this one. Never got HALO, sometimes it flashes picture of C130 and sound for split second, then nothing. I will try sf1 thing and report. Thanks for great mod!

Hello all,

Pretty busy I' am - thanks Yoda.

I tested it yesterday, and I see the problem with the ACE CAS but not with the regular CAS.

And I can see the problem of HALO in the Unit management menu 4.

I'll fix them ASAP.

Rest of the issues I can't reproduce both on dedicated or local. I'll need your help to provide as much details as you can (island, mods used, and how did you use the mcc action).

This issue real annoys me since I can reproduce it. Please try to disable all mods but CBA, ACE, ACEX and run it on Uthes. Tell me how it worked?

I got this yesterday will be fixed next update.

Yes, to play it in MP you'll need atleast one playable character. I'll release MCC template which are actually a base structure of units using F2 Framework.

In order for respawn to work correctly you'll need the description.ext as mentioned:

respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 15;
respawnDialog = false;

You'll have to make a start zone for that side. That can be done through the 2d editor by placing a marker "respawn_west" , "respawn_east " exc.

Or by clicking on the Start West, Start East, Start Gue from menu 1 in MCC

Shay,

I can definitely understand being busy --take your time, buddy....we'll wait for you. In terms of feedback:

1. I like that it's on by default now, but it would be great if it were a drop-in module, that way you could turn it on and off.

2. I like any one accessing it on SP. Don't play MP so the other guys may have a better opinion on that.

3. Sounds like another MP question...maybe the game host?

Biggie

shay_gman,

Thanks for your reply,fixed my re-spawn issue!, works great now.

FYI this line is missing from the install instructions "respawnDialog = false; " and thats what made the difference for me! thanks again.

2. I like any one accessing it on SP. Don't play MP so the other guys may have a better opinion on that.

3. Sounds like another MP question...maybe the game host?

Biggie

3. Well, i think the game host in a dedi server is nobody; for example i log in MCC when playing mp in my clan, but i'm just a client.

2. in SP you're absolutely right. sometimes even in MP, i don't want to find myself locked out because i was switching between different units (hijacking), or something like that.

Just opinions, anyway.

Hey shay, i have a bug report (i suppose). First of all congrats again for your great work!

When i delete a unit in the 3d editor (the default one, not the RTE), the deletion isn't updated when the mission is saved, and the deleted object is loading again the next time. For example creating a bmp, then doing something else, then "that bmp is wrong!" deleting it and recreating it in another position, will have 2 bmps spawning the next time i load the mission. So i should go in the saved text and find it out by myself the line about the old bmp and deleting manually, but it's not so easy. It also make saved missions write-only. Do you think you can fix it? tested on takistan with only ace. Thanks!

Hey shay, i have a bug report (i suppose). First of all congrats again for your great work!

When i delete a unit in the 3d editor (the default one, not the RTE), the deletion isn't updated when the mission is saved, and the deleted object is loading again the next time. For example creating a bmp, then doing something else, then "that bmp is wrong!" deleting it and recreating it in another position, will have 2 bmps spawning the next time i load the mission. So i should go in the saved text and find it out by myself the line about the old bmp and deleting manually, but it's not so easy. It also make saved missions write-only. Do you think you can fix it? tested on takistan with only ace. Thanks!

The questions I presented where not actuall questions but a way to get feedback from mod users and their wishes.

About the bug report: It isn't a bug MCC don't save the deletion of a unit/vehicle it can't be done code wise as the unit could have spawn from the 2nd/3d editor or from any other function in MCC. But if you'll undo a spawn in MCC (using Ctrl+X) the undo action will be saved.

The questions I presented where not actuall questions but a way to get feedback from mod users and their wishes.

About the bug report: It isn't a bug MCC don't save the deletion of a unit/vehicle it can't be done code wise as the unit could have spawn from the 2nd/3d editor or from any other function in MCC. But if you'll undo a spawn in MCC (using Ctrl+X) the undo action will be saved.

Thanks for your response. Yes, the undo action works, and you are right about the not known source of the unit.

But I was specifically talking about a 3d editor (MCC) created unit, whose "spawn code" is in the clipboard when saving the mission. Isn't there a way to delete the part of the code who spawn the unit? i don't know, just asking...

hey

plz how i can hijack as a Civilian ty much and ty for this rly good mod

Cant use CAS at all:(

I have created zone and reapawn point, chose type of the plane and it`s ammo, click on the map at the desirable position... and nothing happens(((.

Can you please tell me what did i forget to do?

Ok, everything is going well but I have a question. How can I spawn a unit under my control? For example in the vanilla editor I place myself then I place another unit and he's automatically under my control. Can I do that in this editor or am I understanding wrong?

Ok, everything is going well but I have a question. How can I spawn a unit under my control? For example in the vanilla editor I place myself then I place another unit and he's automatically under my control. Can I do that in this editor or am I understanding wrong?

Yea Im curious about this too can we syncronize AI units to be under our control.

Edited by Denco

Basically, no. Last I checked MCC doesn't have the facility to add an AI unit to your team. You can use the High Command module to control other groups of AI, but you cannot add additional AI units to your own group.

Basically, no. Last I checked MCC doesn't have the facility to add an AI unit to your team. You can use the High Command module to control other groups of AI, but you cannot add additional AI units to your own group.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at this thread everyday for an answer because this editor is awesome! It would be nice if the creator of this new modified editor could make a unit spawn under our control. Anyways, thank God that Arma 3 will have a full working realtime editor. Also, I hope for the love of God, BI makes texture implementation more user friendly because in my opinion Arma's way of adding modded textures to the game is so convoluted and you need coding in some instances. A pain in the ass if you ask me. In other games like Oblivion you just put a modded texture in the "textures" folder in the game directory and that's it. the game will recognize the new texture.

Well basiclly there are some ways you can add AI to your side:

1. Pre place them in the 2D editor just as normal units and group them with the player unit.

2. Place them with the 3D editor and in the init line put something like "this joinsilent shay_gman".

3. Place a hostage unit and "free" it.

Well basiclly there are some ways you can add AI to your side:

1. Pre place them in the 2D editor just as normal units and group them with the player unit.

2. Place them with the 3D editor and in the init line put something like "this joinsilent shay_gman".

3. Place a hostage unit and "free" it.

Thanks, I'll try that. Thanks again for your wonderful modified editor.

First off Shay let me say that I love your mod, I have been using it since it first came out, and my unit uses almost nothing but MCC to create dynamic missions on the fly for every single mission we do. I typically create the majority of missions for the unit during our training, and overall enjoy the ease of use, and flexibility of the mod. However there is one area that I would love to see expanded on, that would give it more power in creating more detailed missions.

I would like to see a sort of advanced group/unit spawning feature. I would like to be able to spawn individual units, or groups, with the ability to edit the init line of the unit or group leader, as well as add waypoints with at least some of the functionality of the 2d editor: guard, move, SAD, cycle waypoints. Speed and combat modes for each WP as well.

I know that I can edit the init of individual units in the built in 3d editor, and that works well enough for single units, but half of the reason I need access to the init, is to keep groups from acting like single units, and so thats of no use at all to me for this specific application, since I can only spawn individual units. I have also used the RTE in the past, but it no longer seems to work for myself or anybody else on my team for some time now.

I know that I can place groups down in a zone, then simply move that zone, and the AI will do all sorts of cool stuff (including finding their own rides) to get to the new zone. That works well for simple movements, or assaults, but I like to create realistic scenarios where there are often times several patrols of enemies circling an objective. Managing all the zones, to keep patrols separate, and constantly moving is a full time job at that point. Being able to create a group and give them waypoints would streamline this for me greatly.

Additionally, I would like to be able to create custom groups, with the ability to select the exact class I wanted for each member of the group. This way I can setup some more detailed and realistic missions, without having to use cookie cutter groups.

Just to help a bit I drew a quick picture of a layout for everything, and I know I didn't put in page buttons or anything, but this is just a generalization to help you see my idea more clear.

Mcc1.jpg

I filled out most of the drop down boxes just for clarification, however if somebody only wanted to spawn a group with waypoints, they wouldnt select a specific unit, from the "UNIT" dropdown, nor would they place units in the custom group dropdown menus. Basically just pick either a group, a unit, or create a custom group, then be able to hit the "Edit init" button, which could possibly open a text box, allowing easy editing of the group leader or unit's init. Then click on the map to spawn them. The unit would then be automatically selected in the group selection drop down, and then you can set the conditions for a waypoint, then hit "add waypoint" and click on the map to add it. Each successive press of "add waypoint" followed by a click on the map would then add waypoints in order for that group to follow.

This would be a very nice feature in my opinion, I appreciate any consideration you give this. I do understand that it would be quite a bit of work, so I would understand if you turn down the addition of my idea.

Your idea doesn't sound bad franklin, more customization is always good.

I have feedback re the mission version: fastrope evac doesn't work.

Yes, @franklin idea of more control over your units like waypoints and such would be a great addition to MCC. Btw, to the OP, what does "track' means exactly?

Track means activating AI tracking via UPSMON script.

The manual is not available anymore, link is broken in root post.

Track means activating AI tracking via UPSMON script.

The manual is not available anymore, link is broken in root post.

"AI tracking"? You mean they will track their enemies if they move further away and whatnot? Sorry, I'm still a noob in Arma's terminology.

From the manual:

Track

If turned on the spawned group will create a visible marker on its next waypoint.

I advise you read it when it's back online.

I see. Thank you. You're right, the link to the pdf manual is broken that's why I was asking these questions.