shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

Hey Shay! Glad to see youre still working on this excellent editor. I just tried to install the latest version. I have @CBA and @mcc_sandbox in my arma 2 OA folder. I put the "shay_gman.bikey" in my keys folder in Operation Arrowhead. Using the Arma 2 Launcher, @CBA is the only mod showing as usuable, @mcc_sandbox isnt in the list.

Any clue why?

I'm not using ace, either.

MCC Sandbox mod V4 released.

Change log:

Updated Manual.

CAS:

-Fixed ACE cas wasn't working.

-Added Helicopters as CAS.

-A-10 gun run stoped working, replaced with Seek And Destroy command. The aircraft will engage any hostile unit for a short period of time

before exfiling.

-Aircraft crew are now reltive to the vehicle and not civilians.

-Each CAS will spawn two aircraft in formation instead of one (thought it will be more realistic).

-New UI for calling CAS. Drag and hold left mouse button across the map to paint the CAS area and approach.

IED:

-Fix disabling IED to work with or without ACE.

- Disabling IED will disable vehicles and also cause infantry to black out

Unit Managment Fixed Wing Transpot:

-Made the transaction to HALO jump or regular jump more smooth.

EASA:

-Added ACE EASA to the 3D editor.

Modules:

-Added game logic "mcc SF" syncronize unit to it to add the "attach/detach weapon's silencer" action to the synced units.

-Added game logic "mcc UC" syncronize unit to it to mark the synced units as undercover agents.

@Zuff try downloading the new version.

Where can you download lastest version? I don't see link? Thanks

The download is there (gamefront) I removed the header by mistake- fixed.

You can get it also on SU.

If this mod could generate pbo's so it could be used a mission-making tool it would be amazing!

Great work, keep it up! :yay:

This is an awesome mod but I am not able to get the town generator function to work. All it does is create a blue circle full of "x's" and seems to not even create that below a 200 meter radius. Anyone else having the same issue and is there a fix? I am using just CBA and ACE addons at most when running the editor. Thanks.

This is an awesome mod but I am not able to get the town generator function to work. All it does is create a blue circle full of "x's" and seems to not even create that below a 200 meter radius. Anyone else having the same issue and is there a fix? I am using just CBA and ACE addons at most when running the editor. Thanks.

The town generator is a default BIS module. Try setting the radius to as big as you can and press it on an open area (not on roads) it should do the trick.

i think A-10's might just hate you :P

S&D with fixed wing doesn't seem to work, it works fine with helos though/

Dont have anything to support this or any rpt file, but yesterday our admin complained about CAS never arrived. just thought i d say. and it was all planes, with all bombs. sadly i dont have a RPT file to send, for i really like this mod and love to see it get better.

The mission was takistan domination 2.60 if that could help.

Having a problem with the Air Drop C130 just circling and circling without dropping anything.

Not running ACE and I'm on Lingor Island.

Shay is it possible to get a script version?

@pandex I'll guess you played on MP. Maybe the CAS planes shot down on the way (you can mark the approch of the planes by holding and draging an arrow to mark the CAS AOE, read the manual). Are you using ArmA CO?

@Zuff, i'm glad MCC is working for you for start. As I remeber Lingor had some problems with WP so that might be it. Try it on some BIS default map.

Hi,

First of all thanx for a great tool. I love it.

Regarding factions; Im planning a mission with some NORFOR (norwegian army) troops, but in the faction scroll, "Norway" is on team "EAST". Is it possible to change this?

I play ACE, ACEX.

Best regards

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

...Im also having some troubbles running the V4; SU tells me Im at V4 but ingame it tells me V1.0.0, and I can see that the layout in my MCC, isent the same as the layout in the many great video tutorials.

I asked at the SU forum and they said it could be some "visual" bug in MCC.

Could you please help with these issues?

Best regards...

Hi,

First of all thanx for a great tool. I love it.

Regarding factions; Im planning a mission with some NORFOR (norwegian army) troops, but in the faction scroll, "Norway" is on team "EAST".

The faction's side is governed by the add-on maker. You can post your request on the respected mod thread.

MCC reads the config files for that mod and break it down into factions.

...Im also having some troubbles running the V4; SU tells me Im at V4 but ingame it tells me V1.0.0, and I can see that the layout in my MCC, isent the same as the layout in the many great video tutorials.

I asked at the SU forum and they said it could be some "visual" bug in MCC.

Could you please help with these issues?

Best regards...

Where in game do you see the version? Some of the tutorial movies are old. Match your GUI with the screen shoots in the tutorial.

The faction's side is governed by the add-on maker. You can post your request on the respected mod thread.

MCC reads the config files for that mod and break it down into factions.

Where in game do you see the version? Some of the tutorial movies are old. Match your GUI with the screen shoots in the tutorial.

Hi SG,

Thanx for your reply. I see the version number in the game main menu (buttom right corner). In the CMM GUI it dosent tell me the version number (as it does in the video tut). It seems like an older version with not all the same functions.

Regarding the faction sides; Norway is considered "BLUE" in the force pool, it is only in the CMM that it is concidered "RED".

Best regards...

You are using the CBA Versioning fields in your CfgPatches entry:

class CfgPatches {
class mcc_sandbox {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.00;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CBA_MAIN", "CA_Modules"};
	author[] = {"shay_gman"};
	versionDesc = "MCC Sandbox";
	version = "1.00";
};
};

Which is falsely registered as 1.00

Thanx for the reply SB,

I was wrong about the GUI; I have now been comparing videos and my own CMM, and the one I have must be the newest - got confused by the V1.00 and the fact that I couldnt (and still cant) spawn any C.O.T bases in 3D. Nor is it possible to evac to the carrier with heli - it wont land. When I land on LHD and run to catch a spawned aircraft, I fall through the floor and end up dead in the water "inside" the LHD.

Maybe I just need to try my way around...

Best regards...

Edited by PanzerHue

Hey...

I need help. Hope i did not oversee a workaround or something like this.

I found this problem in forums, but no solution yet:

If you are having a backpack, and die, items in there will be dublicated.

Even if i DONT put the ACE-Respawn Modul on the map.

Is there any solution?

Thx

Helm

Powerful and interesting tools just like the Merlin Sandbox in ArmA1.

I've found a bug, if hijack into a crew(driver,gunner...whatever), you can "back to the player" unless you get out of the vehicle.

And the 3D editing menu sometimes doesn't work well (can't spawn units)

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

As far as I'm aware, compositions cannot be spawned in 3d editor because of the large amount of work it would take to implement such a feature.

As for the "always on / always off by default" issue, Shay, maybe implement a userconfig option or even an extra mod that basically defines whether MCC is always on or always off by default? As it seems, I'm not the only one bothered with the problems caused by "always on by default".

Hi,

After trying out some of the many great features of this MOD, I have found that the paradrop (unit management fixed wing transport) is not working. I have tried in different maps and with different units, but the C-130 always starts to spin and crash. Both in HALO and parachute.

This is such a great feature and I would love it to work.

Best regards...

"Same as for Sevy try Vanilla or just with ACE to Isolate the problem. Are all the CAS options not working? Or just ACE?

About the HALO there are two types of HALO once for the Special Forces SF, from menu one. It will only work if you named you character sf1 to sf12.

Try naming you character and try again.

The other one from menu 4 is a little buggy atm. "

Is the menu 4 Halo fixed ?

Everytime i select people for Halo (3-4 guys), they get the black screen and the selected people teleport to the sky but everyone else get the black screen (get ready for halo) too and still stand on the ground. Thats annoying. Seems like MCC prepare everyone on the map for halo but only send the selected to the plane.

I tried to set the mcc sf module in editor, link every sf unit or name the sf team from sf1 to sf12 like you write it in the manual but everytime everybody on blufor gets the black screen.

CAS works for me fine. I personelly miss the gunrun :D

Great job and thanks for support.

Hi shay_gman, i like your mod but i have a problem.

I've tested the mcc addon with the VTS mission and other missions but all the time the ACE revive system is off.

If i shoot on an AI, i can't health it with ace wound system. He die in 2 shoots in the leg and can't be revive by ACE revive (cpr, morphine, bandage, etc). The AI medic don t heal other AI too.

If i shoot an human player, the ace wound system works but not the Ace revive (no cpr).

If i do the same test on VTS or other missions without the MCC, it's working.

My coop group stop using mcc because of this problem. It's annoying because it's really simple to create a mission with MCC on the VTS and i love your work.

We use the last ACE stable, ACRE, ASR AI, ASR (i tried to activate/desactivate ACRE, ASR AI and ASR for my tests).

I've tried to change the "ace poor man revive" in your mission setting, to add some ace modules on the mission, to activate the ASR addon who activate the ace revive with no ace mission but nothing works.

Do you have any solution ?

Edited by slayertom