Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Welcome back Gunther.

Good to hear that things are improving for you and I look forward to seeing your efforts to get COSLX compatible with 1.60 patch.

Thanks you Domokun hopefully in February I will be back.

For me the First Aid issue is when you try to help wounded soldiers and bandage yourself.

Also consider what soldier role you are playing with, and the extent of an injury to yourself or another soldier. As per the readme SLX_wounds:

SLX_Wounds:

Based on real life footage and statistics (W. E. Fairbairn, FBI, police, thehighroad.org, etc).

Dependencies: SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout, slx_FindCover, SLX_VehicleEffects (optional).

Location based wound effects on people when they are hit.

Arms - Small chance of an accidental discharge of their primary weapon. Small chance of dropping primary and/or secondary weapon when arms are very damaged.

Legs - Good chance of falling down prone if legs are very damaged. No effect when already prone.

Torso - Good chance of getting knocked down and out of breath for a second if damage is over 50%. If the torso is over 80% damaged and overall health is less than 60% then the person is critically wounded.

Head - 30% chance of temporary deafness and a 40% chance of temporary deafness, disorientation, and falling down if head is less than 50% damaged, most likely caused by grenade blasts. 90% chance of temporary deafness and falling if head is over 50% damaged.

If the person is hit in the head, body, or legs and overall health is less than the "SLX_Wounded" value then they are critically wounded.

Critically wounded :

The person drops their primary weapon and lays on the ground writhing and screaming until either they are healed or die. They are unable to shoot any weapons, but can still throw hand grenades, so watch out. Killing wounded people that pose no threat at the moment(haven't thrown a hand grenade) will deduct 450 rating points. So if you have 0 rating points and killing a soldier gets +200 rating points and you kill a wounded soldier you end up with -250 rating points.

Dragging wounded/dead:

Wounded or dead people can be dragged to a safer location for giving first aid, corpse recovery, or item scavenging. Be careful of moving heavily wounded people though, moving them might kill them. Objects can also be dragged.

Giving first aid to wounded:

Giving first aid is based on the skill of the person giving first aid. If first aid is unsuccessful in stabilizing the wounded person's condition then you will have to wait for a while before trying again. Giving first aid gives you rating points proportional to the skill of the person first aid is being given to.

Taking captives:

If a wounded enemy is healed they will surrender. They can be taken captive and you can tell them to stay or follow you. If the captive is too far from you they will try to escape and continue fighting. Taking captives gives you rating points proportional to the skill of the person being taken captive. Killing captives suffers the same rating deduction as for killing wounded. For a zero skilled soldier you should get 200 points for giving them first aid and taking them captive, the same as if you had killed them, but if you kill them after giving first aid and taking them captive you still end up losing 50 rating points.

Moving people/objects in vehicles:

People/objects can be moved into vehicles by getting into the vehicle while dragging or by using the Drag or Follow action when in a vehicle to load more than one object. Make sure the action is in your action menu when entering the vehicle or you won't be able to use it. There must be free cargo space in the vehicle for the person to enter. Try moving the person to the other side of the vehicle from where you enter, then look at the person and the action should show up. An action is added to the vehicle to unload wounded and dead people.

Dropped weapons:

Dropped weapons can be destroyed by using the action menu close to them or by damaging(by shooting, etc) them to 50%. They can only be picked up by the action menu. They are affected by physics and can get thrown into the air from explosions.

AI's helping wounded/dead:

AI's will automatically try and help wounded or dead people. They will attempt to drag them into a safer position before giving first aid or scavenging weapons. AI's immediately go into alert mode when someone is wounded or killed.

AI's taking secondary weapons and machine guns:

If someone with a secondary weapon or a machine gun dies then another AI from their squad will attempt to come and pick up the weapon.

Dismemberment:

If a person is killed with a high explosive and their velocity is high enough then they will be torn apart. Can be disabled by setting number of gibs to zero.

SLX_Wounds_AIS: Replaces the BIS Alternative Injury System when enabled to fix wounded people taking too much damage before dying.

Dependencies: None.

Do also make sure you have SLX_Wounds.pbo in the addons folder.

Maybe a conflicting mod I'm running is causing this?

Very possible. What i suggest you do is run which ever version of SLX (A2SLX for Arma2 vanilla/ COSLX for Arma2CO) alone.

Be sure to have an original fresh downloaded version of SLX and then go from there.

Usually issues arising from features in a mod not working like there supposed are mod conflicts, which i highly doubt considering I have latest SLX's running with my WarMod's COWarMod especially with 200+ addons and mods running together.

A process of elimination will be the path for you. personally A2SLX & COSLX work like they should on my end.

Any other feedback please report so i can look into issues that I have not encounter,a nd can fix if possible while I'm working on the project.

I still would like to get updated keys for the mod as has been requested before, i think i will have to find my resource and work on that as well.

TBH this sucks being at the library with only 90 min to work with, im lucky to be answering any questions.

I look forward to seeing your efforts to get COSLX compatible with 1.60 patch.

Funny you mention that, as I dont even have the 1.60 patch, I think that shall be my priority atm as the patch could change alot of things in the mod, maybe even fix stuff.

Well I appreciate your response Gunter. I need to do some work on my end and see if it is indeed a mod that I installed that is causing this. From my recollection though the first aid stopped working after I applied the 1.60 patch. Old_Painless was having problems as well with this. We'll see, and thanks for your time again. I know it's limited and you really didn't need to try and help me. Cheers.

The Patch 1.60 huh? hmm, well I still have no access to where to get the 1.60, I mean its not on Armaholic.

So if what you say, it might be very well possible the patch is inhibiting the feature from working like it supposed to, i cannot know for sure til i get the patch where ever i may get it is applied to my game on ym end.

Off subject is the patch worth it in general for the game?

I know it's limited and you really didn't need to try and help me.

Dont be silly this is my thread, my updated recomplied version of the mod, not helping wouldn't be right, its my duty.

Anyways hopefully be back tomorrow.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15831

Think that's the final patch, at least for Combined Ops. As for if the patch is worth it, I'd say totally. Tons and tons of bug fixes, just look at the chagelog. Dunno though, it may be a mod on my end, like I said, since I seem to be the only one posting about this problem at the moment. I'm sure I'm not the only one using the mod (COSLX) but no one else seems to be having the problem as no one else is posting about it.

Dont be silly this is my thread, my updated recomplied version of the mod, not helping wouldn't be right, its my duty.

Well with your limited access to the internet now I would call it "going above and beyond". Thanks again G S.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15831I'm sure I'm not the only one using the mod (COSLX) but no one else seems to be having the problem as no one else is posting about it.

I use a limited subset of COSLX

slx_anim_death

slx_cartridges

slx_cloud

slx_findcover

slx_netcode

slx_ragdoll

slx_shout

slx_wounds

and the wounding and healing stuff seems to work as advertised. If someone (including the player) gets hit, another squadmate will eventually come to their aid, drag them, heal them etc.

I'd like to thank Günter for his hard work and commitment to this great mod too, especially under difficult circumstances

Hey Günter, good to here u will be back,soon! Want to grab the opp. to thank you for your outstanding work

Cheers,body :)

COSLX + Blastcore doesn't seem to work right. There doesn't seem to be any explosion/fire/smoke when you destroy a vehicle. Is that intentional or a bug? I turned off SLX and it works normally.

Just got the link to the patch, might not be able to get it fully downloaded this session as I have 15 min left, this time limit sucks :j:

Hey Günter, good to here u will be back,soon!

Thanks but soon is an understatement, I really dont know exactly when Im hoping for some time this month, but atm with debts and problem with my truck I have right now I'm possibly looking at the end of the month, by then I should have all my mods:

-WarMod (Arma1)

-A2WarMod (Arma2)

-COWarMod (Arma2CO)

-A2SLX (Arma2)

-COSLX (Arma2CO)

Updated & possibly ready for download.

COSLX + Blastcore doesn't seem to work right. There doesn't seem to be any explosion/fire/smoke when you destroy a vehicle. Is that intentional or a bug? I turned off SLX and it works normally.

Its a bug, this was reported back in October and has already been covered and fixed, you will need to remove this file:

slx_mod_veh_core

which will return the explosions, fire and smoke back to the game.

==========================

Any feedback for the mod things needed to be worked on, problems other then ones already covered, please report.

Most likely til I get my own internet I will not be on here everyday, when i do get on I have about 90min max allowed time, so its enough to answer questions, and acquire any feedback.

Does SLX Wounds conflict with the newest version of ASR_AI just I love the features of both but dont want double heal bugs. Any advice?

Its a bug, this was reported back in October and has already been covered and fixed, you will need to remove this file:

slx_mod_veh_core

which will return the explosions, fire and smoke back to the game.

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. I haven't been following the mod that long, but I like it a lot!

Does SLX Wounds conflict with the newest version of ASR_AI just I love the features of both but dont want double heal bugs. Any advice?

Yeah, looks like it's ASR_AI that's causing my problems with healing also. Dunno if they can be made compatable though.

Using only SLX and ASR_AI has gotten rid of the standing dead problem

I use a limited subset of COSLX

slx_anim_death

slx_cartridges

slx_cloud

slx_findcover

slx_netcode

slx_ragdoll

slx_shout

slx_wounds

and the wounding and healing stuff seems to work as advertised. If someone (including the player) gets hit, another squadmate will eventually come to their aid, drag them, heal them etc.

I'd like to thank Günter for his hard work and commitment to this great mod too, especially under difficult circumstances

This setup works great for me with asr_ai though i do get two first aid options, still its workable. THX buddy.

Using only SLX and ASR_AI has gotten rid of the standing dead problem

Good report, does nothing for me though as I play with CoWarMod which has the latest CoSLX in it, but I dont really get the issue.

Keep reporting any issues, or things in the mod we have not covered yet, i have alot of times on my hands right now so i can look into it.

Also note it may be in March that I will return, to much to do yet with my mods.

Is there any way I can use only the "gore and dismemberment" part of this mod? I felt like this was always missing in Arma CO, and from what I've seen on youtube the bloody stuff in this mod looks great. I don't want to use the whole mod, just the dismemberment part.

@Enzo: it's all explained in the readme but IIRC if you want to run slx_wounds you need to run slx_netcode, slx_shout and slx_anim_death. You might also want to run slx_anim_death

hi Günter Severloh

i test new coslx but still appears "bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets.BloodBig" when dismembert animation occurs

like Enzo_0 say, more important of SLX mod is gore and dismembert!

you open .pbo to search bugs?

Hello fellas, been a bit, I have been busy and away, and still no internet, so please dont expect a response from me right away, it may be once a week Im on, as im unable to get to the library here all the time.

Anyways since I am here I will answer some questions

Enzo_0

Is there any way I can use only the "gore and dismemberment" part of this mod? I felt like this was always missing in Arma CO, and from what I've seen on youtube the bloody stuff in this mod looks great. I don't want to use the whole mod, just the dismemberment part.

On the front page under the files:

SLX_Wounds: Based on real life footage and statistics

Dependencies: SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout, slx_FindCover

You just need those files to get the blood and gore effects.

Best to follow what Domokun stated:

domokun

@Enzo: it's all explained in the readme but IIRC if you want to run slx_wounds you need to run slx_netcode, slx_shout and slx_anim_death. You might also want to run slx_anim_death

to answer:

PFC Magician

hi Günter Severloh

i test new coslx but still appears "bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets.BloodBig" when dismembert animation occurs

like Enzo_0 say, more important of SLX mod is gore and dismembert!

you open .pbo to search bugs?

I dont get that error. rather I dont get any errors, and Im patched to 1.60 now ;). Also do a few things to find errors those as follows:

ingame function of a feature- is it working like it should?

also

I use the RPT alot to give me feedback, if i get a error reported there then i look at the file and unpbo it and see whats going on, all depends.

last question:

RudyFaasse

Hello, is this version of SLX also on six updater?

No it is not on 6 updater, maybe in the future, like spring, I have to much on my hands right now I'm not only dealing with SLX, but WarMod,A2WarMod, COWarMod, & COWarModACE, and plus I dont have internet so not much i can do.

at the library here I have 90 min, and no access to anything, so in a nutshell you as well as many others will have to wait, sorry but i will be back on and fully going at the sart of March.

I can answer questions, so if you guys have feedback then please let me know and I will check as soon as I can.

Thanks for the support and interest in the updated version of the original SLX!

Really enjoying this mod, but I'm running into a game breaking issue during multiplayer. I'm running the latest version of the mod and ArmA, and using the correct CO version, and also have the latest CBA. I'm running it with ACE but have reproduced the same issue running only SLX.

During missions, when a certain amount of enemies have been killed, it seems to be it could be as low as 30, each time a subsequent ai is killed there is period where the game completely freezes (for all players on the server at the same time). It starts first with a maybe one second freeze, as more and more enemies are killed the length of the freeze becomes larger (has reached 20-30 seconds). This also seems to occur when friendly and human players are killed. So anytime, anybody dies the game will freeze. Saving and restarting the mission cures the issue temporary, but again, when a threshold of deaths is reached the freezing begins again. The game also always recovers from the periods of freezing, its never caused it to crash.

I've only seen this happen in multiplayer, have not in single player. Does anybody have any idea what the culprit could be? If not caused by SLX, has anybody ever seen this happen for any reason? In the years I've been playing ArmA I've never ran into this issue before. I have a feeling some death related code/script/module is going crazy.

Help please!:mad:

Hello ChosenSvear,

Thank you for the report. Can you post your server's RPT so I can look at it, and then post the list of files in COSLX you have on the server.

another note too is that the server keys for COSLX are out of date, they are the original keys made by SOLUS (original author of SLX) I have yet to update or get the latest keys for the mod, that which i am unable to do til i get my internet back.

In general I also run my own server with friends, but I do not have any of my mods (WarMod,A2WarMod,CoWarMod, COWarModACE,A2SLX,COSLX) on the server we use the mod client side and have no issues with the mods. Of course that doesn't help your situation but as I said above post your RPt, and the files you are running and I can see what conflicts are coming up.

also please dont expect a response from me right away, I'm currently at the library with 90min limited time and not everyday i can get here.

Anybody have anything else to report, so I can look into the mods accordingly and fix anything I can, before the release when I get back in March, please post your reply.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Me and JArhead have been talking about some of the fun moments I had back in the day of using SLX--tracers setting things on fire, shooting rifles out of the hands of enemies, they in return killing me with their bayonet/knife....plus one time some friends left their humvee alone and 2 opfor decided to go GTA and took it for a joy ride through Duala while me and another friend sat there pissing ourselves laughing hysterically. Ahhh great times!

I was wondering since we tend to use ACE and now ASR AI these days, has any other people around here have success on incorporating these pbo's together--especially with recent updates (bis beta's, ACE updates, etc)? I would love to use some of these pbo's again, especially with the medical stuff (not just for the "gore" part but also liked the hit system, knocking rifles out of hands, etc).

I'm just concerned what the impacts could be, especially when using ACE's medic system. So we're really curious to see if any other people have managed to get these systems to work together decently and if there are any tips, especially since ACE's recent hot fixes, BIS beta's, etc. Sometimes things have an unfortunate ability to break when things use to work together. :)

Hi Yokhanan,

A few pages back there was a discussion about ASR and GL3 with SLX that was a good combination. For Ace SLX would have to be tweaked.

If you guys want when i get back with the latest updates some time this month, i could put together an ACE compatible version of SLX. Let me know what you think.

Also note I should have internet back in my own place in about a week or less :)

Hi Yokhanan,

A few pages back there was a discussion about ASR and GL3 with SLX that was a good combination. For Ace SLX would have to be tweaked.

If you guys want when i get back with the latest updates some time this month, i could put together an ACE compatible version of SLX. Let me know what you think.

Also note I should have internet back in my own place in about a week or less :)

Good to hear that you will be getting internet back soon the COSLX mod is my favourite of all the ARMA 2 mods because it makes the battles feel so much more visceral and immersive. I would love to see a ACE compatible version because ACE has some very nice features. In your COSLX mod would it be possible to make helmets fly off and heads pop if hit with a .50 cal? Also the blood pools and spray could use a slight darkening because they show up fairly bright in game.