Sign in to follow this  
bobocz

TKOH videos, pictures from Beta version

Lucky Rafikst from Poland publish on his youtube channel first videos from early TKOH's beta version.

Here are some his videos. (there are five videos so far)

QjWb_XJIEkg

zdJ9rbz9Gr8

E6G2cJE3g-Q

Some pictures and his impression on www.sim-outhouse.com (English)

More pictures and his impression on www.il2forum.xt.pl (Polish)

So far what I understand (and I don't understand much :)) he like the game. If he read this, he could joint to BI forum and share his opinion.

Thanks Rafikst/YoYo, great videos (good music :)) and all pictures and information.

Edited by BoboCZ
corected link

he also posted a vid of the Behl 4-12 :p

ay0898_RxRg

There's something a bit weird with the lightning system. In most of his videos he's playing with a pretty cloudy sky but the ground looks like it is illuminated by a "full sun". I don't know how to properly explain that, I just think the ground should be darker.

Shadows are also too "neat", with such a weather there shouldn't be any.

Nothing game breaking, just feels a bit weird to me :)

Edited by Macadam Cow

i preordered this game and i am still happy with the material i´ve seen but:

its a big area and i know BI can´t make it as detailed as the Arma2-scenarios, but why so washed out ground textures? I would prefer google earth resolution. I know there is a logic of immersion to pass on 2d-objects but its a little bit too much blurred. :)

Cool, something to look at before we get the beta. Thanks for the heads up BoboCZ!

Nice gimmick that the instructor have a knee-pad.:)

One question:

In US, the student is sitting on the left side in helicopters? In that training video, I am the student, not? In Germany the student have to sit on the right side and the instructor left.:confused:

EDIT: Doesn`t matter for gameplay just an observation.;)

Edited by EagleEye[GER]

in most helicopters the PIC (pilot in command) sits on the right. unless they are instructing a student, then the student sits on the right, and the instructor ( still PIC) sits on the left.

Ha ha, he have an mp3 player in that training vid. Such neat details...:yay:

Yes, thank you very much YoYo. You made my day.

Edited by EagleEye[GER]

Nice tutorial. Nice ambient traffic (but still needs more work so cars don't just disappear into nothing 10m away)

what you see with the lighting is known bug ... WIP

The city flight video is amazing, I can't wait to navigate those urban canyons myself! But yes, the ambient traffic could use improvement...

another video

shooting training

FN_f5ariRfg

the videos are very nice:bounce3:

you get a nice impressive from the map, but i also think the traffic could use improvement:rolleyes:

another thing it's pity, that there are no raindrops on the cockpit glass, but the theme we had already:o

something else is what I have noticed that the trees partly look less detailed from the near.

but you can not have everything, so thumbs up for this great game :thumbsup::bounce3:

Edited by AS350

Ive being keeping an eye on TAKE ON HELICOPTERS and after watching these video's I dont get it ? looks like Arma 2 with bigger cockpit's ?

Ive being keeping an eye on TAKE ON HELICOPTERS and after watching these video's I dont get it ? looks like Arma 2 with bigger cockpit's ?

ArmA 2's engine (RV3)

Huge maps

More realistic helicopters

Mostly civil based

Testing new thingamajigs for ArmA 3 (RTT, volumetric clouds, ect)

Awesome

Make sense? :p :D

Edited by ArmAriffic

what you see with the lighting is known bug ... WIP

uh...yeah...the lighting not the lightning (I knew something was wrong with that word :p)

Glad to hear that ! Thanks for the answer :)

I loved the cumulus clouds. I hated the cumulonimbus clouds. If trying to depict single cell storms, simple gradation from white to slightly gray depending on altitude is sufficient. The game seems to try to depict monster supercells with small puffets of clouds - and fails miserably, sorry. I'm now only talking about the shading of the clouds, as I'm under the impression the ground shading is a known bug.

Monster supercell:

oQVvqnMRkbE

Singlecell storm developing (well...):

uZjY5JXvAnM

The latter being more appropriate and far less darkening. But TAKOH Bad Weather one? Seriously? :D

uh...yeah...the lighting not the lightning (I knew something was wrong with that word :p)

There is not much light from lightning flashes though

CarlGustaffa just realistic cloud simulation would need NASA supercomputer state of PC :)

and people already complain about low FPS :)

dwarden,

do we have in final game better ground texture (higher resolution, maybe on par with google earth)? Thanks for answer in advance.

do we have in final game better ground texture (higher resolution, maybe on par with google earth)

Some things to keep in mind:

• PC performance directly affects the detail of any texture and also the ground texture. While playing, the game simply needs to handle the massive amount of data being streamed in and out, and it will not show the most detailed level all the time. We are doing our best to optimize the engine to handle this the best it can, but not all imagery you see published on the Internet will be showing the game at the best available detail of course :)
  • There are data size limits we run into and had to make decisions about. The amount of pixel data necessary for a 60 by 60 km (let alone 120 by 120 km) texture quickly becomes unmanageable for: development (editing tools), distribution (amount of DVDs) and the streaming engine (internal memory).

I loved the cumulus clouds. I hated the cumulonimbus clouds. If trying to depict single cell storms, simple gradation from white to slightly gray depending on altitude is sufficient. The game seems to try to depict monster supercells with small puffets of clouds - and fails miserably, sorry. I'm now only talking about the shading of the clouds, as I'm under the impression the ground shading is a known bug.

Monster supercell:

[YOUTUBE]oQVvqnMRkbE[YOUTUBE]

Singlecell storm developing (well...):

[YOUTUBE]uZjY5JXvAnM[YOUTUBE]

The latter being more appropriate and far less darkening. But TAKOH Bad Weather one? Seriously? :D

I assumed they were bugged/WIP. With such a great attention to detail i can hardly imagine them just leaving those black clouds the way they are. :p

thanks DnA for the detailed answer. Very comprehensible but I hope we get higher res for hotspots like Sidney between the skyscrapers as an option in graphic settings.:)

Edited by JumpingHubert

@NeMeSiS: Yeah let's hope they were just a tad bugged :)

@Dwarden: Not talking about cloud simulation :) Just that when the hardware have to render simplistic clouds for thunderstorms, the shading should match that of a less severe storm. I don't know any game capable of simulating huge lumps of clouds, ranging from towering cumulus, cumulonimbus, all the way to supermassive storm centers. Other than backdrops of course. Maybe use current cloud system to draw an overcast on top of 3D clouds to depict a darkened anvil? Not sure.

No raindrops on windows, too bad. Love vibrations effect, don't like car traffic behaviour. Gonna buy the game as soon as someone from heli- sims community confrimes realistic physics (or making them realistic possible)

SamB

Edited by SamB