Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

How can one disable forced falling when shot? I've tried setting ace_w_falling variable to true, but it doesn't work for some reason.

How do I roll back ACE version to NOT require the 1.6RC? The server I rent wont update unless the patch is official so I need to roll back my clientside machine and the server to be able to use use my server until the patch is offically out. I use six updater clientside. Thanks

JC

I am in the same boat... I updated ACE on my rented server and now it crashes at start-up looking for v1.6. Server is 1.9 and server provider won't update until patch is official ... Looks like I'm screwed!

I am in the same boat... I updated ACE on my rented server and now it crashes at start-up looking for v1.6. Server is 1.9 and server provider won't update until patch is official ... Looks like I'm screwed!

Yeah I dont get it..why would you update a mod that requires essentially a beta of a patch that isnt even officially out yet...no wonder 99% of the servers show waiting or creating in the lobby. I now have a server that I cant use...and I'd bet most of the community isin the same boat.

Do you not have ftp access for your server?

If so why not just download one of the previous 1.60 beta, just upload it like a mod and use the beta .exe

I use the latest beta on the SixUpdater and everything works fine.

I have ftp access...I havent used any of the betas and I have to manually install everything to the server..I only use six updater for my machine..it doesnt work with six updater...not even sure where to get the last beta before the ace update. or how to use an exe file via ftp access...

1.13 is the last planned version for A2 OA and it requires 1.60 because it uses functionality added in 1.60.

It's also rather important that 1.60 is being massively tested for stability and regressions etc. It's for your benefit.

1.60 is really close to finalization and if your hosting is so limited you cannot update to 1.60 RC or even a beta (which is, boldly said, your choice thus also your problem),

you can stick to the previous build or one of the stable releases as always. It's up to you to solve your problems, and there are plenty of options (e.g setup a CustomRepos with previous @ACE version; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup).

This situation should be resolved within a couple of days.

More importantly, 1.13 is the last time you had to actually install those NASTY ACE updates for OA.

And you should be able to join any server running ACE once 1.60 is finalized and everyone has updated.

ACE future plans and ARMA 3

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the help. Looks like the reason I couldn't join that server was because it was using ACE 1.13 RC4 as opposed to RC5. I don't think I could download an older RC anyway, so I'll just play on other servers till they update.

Once the stable 1.13 release comes out hopefully most servers will be standardized. I suppose that will depend on when the non-beta 1.60 patch for OA releases though.

Before i forget, i just want to thank all the guys who have brought us the best mod ever, ACE2. I'm truly humbled by the amount of time and effort you guys put into this. As well as putting up with the bitching and moaning that you may sometimes get and never deserve!

With sincere thanks, I take my hat off to you all. I don't really have a hat but you get the drift don't you?

Jon ;)

We were more careful about updating to the latest, as we stuck to 1.59 85598 patch, and we were doing an LRM (mission with MSO nomad scripts that runs for about 5 days, but with a more linear idea) so we couldn't update anyway.

I am defintely excited for this month though, now patching to 1.60 RC2 and going to use new ASR AI, also with JSRS 1.4 coming out soon, and a cool update from ACE, looking like a very good month for playing arma. Thanks guys for the gigantic improvement your mod has brought to Arma 2, and the effort involved, you guys made the game the way it should have been upon release, if not even much more.

Is there going to be any new documentation for the recent updates as well as the updates from before? It seems like a lot of the feature cards haven't been updated or added at all for a while now.

Also, could someone explain to me how to use the recently added Civilian Interaction? I noticed it popped up in a mission on the server I play on the other day, but I can never recreate and there weren't any civilians in the area for the mission.

Documentation tends to lag, but now that ACE 2 is wrapping up, they'll probably update it. A ticket would be timely.

1.13 is the last planned version for A2 OA and it requires 1.60 because it uses functionality added in 1.60.

It's also rather important that 1.60 is being massively tested for stability and regressions etc. It's for your benefit.

1.60 is really close to finalization and if your hosting is so limited you cannot update to 1.60 RC or even a beta (which is, boldly said, your choice thus also your problem),

you can stick to the previous build or one of the stable releases as always. It's up to you to solve your problems, and there are plenty of options (e.g setup a CustomRepos with previous @ACE version; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup).

This situation should be resolved within a couple of days.

More importantly, 1.13 is the last time you had to actually install those NASTY ACE updates for OA.

And you should be able to join any server running ACE once 1.60 is finalized and everyone has updated.

ACE future plans and ARMA 3

I understand the need for testing and betas and RC's....what I dont get is why their isnt an option for those of us less technically knowledgable to manually download a previous version until the Patch is Officially out...and do not want to or have the tech experience to be downloading betas and RCs constantly..I'm happy to report issues if I knew where to look and report them..dev heaven is a nite mare to get into..half the time I cant log in...and the other half of the time the links are dead or are restricted even when I do get logged in.. I greatly appreciate Both the ACE mod and BI for thouroghly testing betas before release..my issue is with the recent ACE update on six updater that basically forces players to use either a beta or the RC..their should be a download section where those of us who dont want to use a beta or an RC that we can use ACE RC4....I guess until the patch is offcially out I'll play CO vanilla.

Rant over..off to kill bad guys.

JC

I understand the need for testing and betas and RC's....what I dont get is why their isnt an option for those of us less technically knowledgable to manually download a previous version until the Patch is Officially out...

JC

...because there totally is. Go download 1.12 stable in a simple zip file.

SS9: Same answer. Or you could look for a squad or server that runs an older 1.13 dev build and ask nicely for them to share their files.

And by the way, does the Bradley in the game represent a version that has been up-armored since the Gulf War?

Because Bradleys were disabled and penetrated by 12.7mm rounds in Iraq, but the in-game they have absolutely no vulnerability to them even from the rear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_of_Babylon

The following article claims they were penetrated even from the front.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/989214/posts

Edited by maturin

Another thing is the Stinger. Its pitiful. Max effective range of 700m against a hovering helicopter...

Report bugs at the issue tracker with details please.

---------- Post added at 08:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

@Diesel, if you have issues on dev-heaven, find dev-heaven support and report your issues; http://dev-heaven.net/support.

Interesting that many other users seem to be able to report just fine, but you never know, maybe there's a bug.

Stable releases are on our download page.

How hard is it to check the Changelog before installing the update, the 1.60 requirement has been well announced, and for weeks if not months we already recommend running 1.60 in each release.

E.g you could've easily uploaded the previous build to www.multiupload.com or other free hosting yourself, only the main @ACE mod folder requires 1.60.

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 ----------

Anyway, I was able to catch Build 519 (RC3) and have uploaded it to MultiUpload:

http://www.multiupload.com/6CI6DHHM6K

Edited by Sickboy

Will you include ASR AI into ACE (at least as a module for old missions compatibility) since mods basically share features but ASR is more advanced?

Will you include ASR AI into ACE (at least as a module for old missions compatibility) since mods basically share features but ASR is more advanced?
No. If you want to enjoy ASR scripted AI features, install ASR. It's 100 kb and one click away, right there next to ACE and 250+ other mods on SU.

Besides, as said 1.13 is the last planned version http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_future_plans_and_ARMA_3.

Edited by Sickboy

Sorry for repeating but:

How can one disable forced falling when shot? I've tried setting ace_w_falling variable to true, but it doesn't work for some reason.

Anyone knows? :confused:

Sorry for repeating but;

Try a support ticket at the issue tracker? :confused:

:p

Sorry for repeating but;

Try a support ticket at the issue tracker? :confused:

:p

LOL :D sorry, but I don't see your answer earlier in the thread, will create a ticket, thank you

Another thing is the Stinger. Its pitiful. Max effective range of 700m against a hovering helicopter...

I've taken out choppers at thousands of meters, well beyond visual range. The lock system is a bit dodgy, but I think it belongs to BIS.

Last I tested it, the missile lost steam beyond 700m. At about 1km the missile detonated, significantly under the target, not far enough but still :p, because it couldn't stay in the air.

I did a study into the ranges of AA threats, both friendly and enemy, back in October.

Man Portable Air-Defenses (ManPAD):

Igla:

Max effective range: 2km

Ai engagement range: 1km

IR seeker

Strela 2:

Max effective range: 6km+ (I stopped at 6km because I had issues targeting, though the missile has more than enough speed to continue much further.)

IR seeker

Stinger:

Max effective range: 700m (Fucking pitiful against a static target. Note to Reaper, use the Strela 2! ;))

IR seeker

Anti-Aircraft Artillery (AAA):

ZU-23:

Max effective range: 1km

DShKM:

Max effective range: 500m

KORD:

M2:

Self Propelled Air-Defenses (SPAD):

2S6M Tunguska:

Max effective range: 7km+

Ai engagement range: 2.5km

Missiles are optically tracked and cannot be spoofed by any CM.

Kub w/radar:

Max effective range: 2km (Missile travels at half the speed of smell.)

Ai engagement range: 2km

ZSU-23:

Max effective range: 1km

Ai engagement range: 2.5km

BRDM-2 (9K31M):

Max effective range: 1km (Targeting limitation)

Avenger:

Max effective range: 1km (The .50 cal is more effective at this range than the stinger...)

Ai engagement range: 2km (Really? Whatthefuck.:confused:)

M6 Linebacker:

Max effective range: 700m (Invest in a Tunguska TFB, its better at everything the Linebacker can do, except carrying people.)

Ai engagement range: 2km

I was disappointed, to say the least. Not really a bad thing, because it works in my favor if I play Op4. :D

Then again, my unit mates have to deal with it.

Well MANPADS are designed as short range weapons <2km but a missile should be able to fly at least 4km far

Latest ACE (1.13 RC5):

ti_G4HWmI7U