Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Yeah, all weapons you see in ACE with both the attachments have this feature. Most M4 models, some G36s, one G3 variant and I think even some of the AK74Ms.

About the visible laser, no idea, modelling is not my thing, but I would not say impossible.

Visible laser is not feasable.

But we have it on the range finders?.

I see a red dot when I use them.

EDIT

I dont want the beam of the laser just a red dot at the end so I can see it via me scope and if possible zero it but it must have some kind of triangulations involved.

Most swat guns have green laser dots on there guns so its not uncommon.

Edited by stk2008

I cant wait for ARMA3 as they have weapon attachments that will be awesome if we are able to add

Different scopes to guns

lasers

silencers

bi pods

flash lights

I know there is a mod out there for ARMA2 that allows this but I cant find it any more plus I think the last time I checked it did not have many supported weapons.

Infre red flash lights would be cool to.

Shame if ACE made a weapons attachment built into arma the tactical possibility would go through the roof.

Hint hint ;)

P.S

Thats one of the cool things about Stalker building and modding your own gun hahaha

Attachments systems have been in ACE since day 1, but there is no UI for it, and it will be much better officially supported in ARMA3 anyway, only say 8 months of nights left to sleep...

Cool what attachments mate?.

I know some of the guns support the 100 round mags but other than that I dont know.

Any attachment. As said there is no UI for it, so it's not available for usage, nobody knows about it.

Any attachment. As said there is no UI for it, so it's not available for usage, nobody knows about it.

Ohh sounds cool so will you be releasing it Pleeassseeeeee :).

Come on all lets get on ACE teams back and keep asking for it hahaha.

No, as said it's coming in ARMA3, so also ACE3 :)

In the meantime you can use the ASC weaponpack who has this implemented to some extent afaik.

ok no probs i was hopeing u would be doing an ace3 :) great ACE team rules.

And yeah that was it ASC had a look it seems he has halted all work on it though :(.

I played ACE today :D ,first time since 2 years :

-G effects on Su34 are overrated,absent on harrier :D

-Where is CH29 TV and LGB camera ? are they present on the mod ?

LGB camera? You mean a targeting pod on aircraft? LGB do not have cameras that you can see through. :p

Is there any way to change the controls on the aircraft MFD? I don't have a numpad

LGB guidance now uses hellfire seeker code, takes into account REAL line of sight restrictions. [Nou]

I've just come from a gaming session, ironically focused on FAC/JTAC operations. Has the procedure for marking and engaging targets with LGBs, specifically GBUs launched from an A-10 platform, changed significantly in RC4?

We recently changed over from RC2 to RC4 and no such problem before. We're using the latest ACRE compatible beta, not RC1.60,

Specifically a high flying A-10 was not able to engage targets marked by a laser designator. Stock laser code, no MFD tweaks. What are we doing wrong?

-k

Just like in real life, the fins only gently suggests where the bomb should go. The flight path has to be close and the bomb needs to have enough time for the it to make corrections (IE, from high altitude). Also, Lasers make boxes on the hud, just like vehicles, so it should help you with targeting (If they're lasing a vehicle, look for a doubled up box ;) ).

Edit

The bomb also needs to see the laser. Obstructions are a major factor in this.

/Edit

It would be a big help to see some in depth documentation on this. :)

Also, how do you change laser codes in the STRYKER RV?

Just like in real life, the fins only gently suggests where the bomb should go. The flight path has to be close and the bomb needs to have enough time for the it to make corrections (IE, from high altitude). Also, Lasers make boxes on the hud, just like vehicles, so it should help you with targeting (If they're lasing a vehicle, look for a doubled up box ;) ).

Edit

The bomb also needs to see the laser. Obstructions are a major factor in this.

/Edit

It would be a big help to see some in depth documentation on this. :)

Also, how do you change laser codes in the STRYKER RV?

Yes, I need to make some documentation for the LGB changes, but essentially you are right on.

As for the RV, I don't think it can change laser codes. There are a lot of vehicles at the moment where the laser codes are unable to be changed. My default that means they will be 1001 (if anything... :S).

Wouldn't it be possible to just add an MFD to all the vehicles with laser designators? After all, the vehicles that have laser designators, have MFD panels anyways (Like the STRYKER RV, for example.). :p

Edit:

For those of you having issues targeting with the Javelin, watch this. :)

f37BAjWen6U

Edited by b00ce

Edit:

For those of you having issues targeting with the Javelin, watch this. :)

Wow! I've almost learned to live with nearly every video being ruined by adding pointless music. But in an instructional video? Seriously? :j:

Hi, can anyone tell me how to restore the ammo count display in the ui when using ACE2?

Oh thats easy. Its still there. The ammocounter has just been moved between the headphones. </snark> :D

-k

....For those of you having issues targeting with the Javelin, watch this. :)

f37BAjWen6U

I don't know what the problem is, but I just can't hit anything... I switch to thermal, zoom in and it starts to seek. I wait for the lock and fire away... except the missile always goes up the skies and never comes back, I can only hit anything with direct/ground, direct and top attack modes don't work :(

EDIT: I seem to be using a newer version of ACE from the one on your video, maybe they broke it again.

Edited by Nouty