Sign in to follow this  
TriPro

BIS at the GC: Very kind!

To already give you something: Yes, there will be different muzzle flash samples! :p

xaA2eKABuEE

:D

To already give you something: Yes, there will be different muzzle flash samples! :p

Give me more info! :p

Oooh! :)

I hope they're completely changing the way the muzzle flash is implemented, since I always thought having it as part of the weapon model ("zasleh" selection or something?) was a little weird. Instead the model should merely define the muzzle flash position, the visual effect itself should be defined separately, so changing flash effect doesn't necessitate changing the model itself.

Oooh! :)

I hope they're completely changing the way the muzzle flash is implemented, since I always thought having it as part of the weapon model ("zasleh" selection or something?) was a little weird. Instead the model should merely define the muzzle flash position, the visual effect itself should be defined separately, so changing flash effect doesn't necessitate changing the model itself.

atm muzzle flash is separate used as proxy

atm muzzle flash is separate used as proxy

Okay, I guess I've been away from the subject matter for too long. :)

But the flash is still a model, which is still wrong in my opinion. I would expect some kind of variable particle effect that can be changed via config. ;)

Yeah slow day today ... Oh well we just have to wait on PurePassion to get his info up.

To not rest in complete silence, i might also tell you it is very likely that there will be underground structures like caves or similar and that i have seen bounding mines in action. Once these mines are deployed, the will not make a difference between friendly and enemy units; jump in the air and unleash their deadly force. In order to prevent friendlies getting killed, they are marked. You can imagine this marker like the unit markers you see in easy difficulty.

And i will tell you that the new animation system completely rocks! But i will go further with this soon ;)

For now, i just wait for pettka since he already said me there is some trouble trying to get an internet connection in the hotel.

Best Greetings

PP

To not rest in complete silence, i might also tell you it is very likely that there will be underground structures like caves or similar and that i have seen bounding mines in action. Once these mines are deployed, the will not make a difference between friendly and enemy units; jump in the air and unleash their deadly force. In order to prevent friendlies getting killed, they are marked. You can imagine this marker like the unit markers you see in easy difficulty.

And i will tell you that the new animation system completely rocks! But i will go further with this soon ;)

For now, i just wait for pettka since he already said me there is some trouble trying to get an internet connection in the hotel.

Best Greetings

PP

Sounds cool - btw did they have some new weapon animations too?

Shame we don't have any video of it :-/

Edited by RobertHammer

To not rest in complete silence, i might also tell you it is very likely that there will be underground structures like caves or similar and that i have seen bounding mines in action.

Best Greetings

PP

Damn you BIS :yay: You guys are something else.

Thanks for the info Pure!

That be very welcome :cool:

Best Greetings

PP

Thanks for teh info, Im glad to hear that you think the animations rock, cant wait to hear more

I desperately want to know how the new animation system is different to the old one. And see it in action of course. :)

This just came in via twitter.

Forrestal_PL : "I have one hour to relax and eat something and for rest of the day only business meeting. BIS at 6PM"

Follow Forrestal_PL via : http://twitter.com/#!/Forrestal_pl

Forrestal_PL's FlickR stream : http://www.flickr.com/photos/forrestal/

or - keep an eye on my GoogleFeed : https://plus.google.com/102634396402324749838

Edited by jerryhopper

PurePassion, I can't wait for the new Animation System news. Thanks for taking the time to go there, and hopefully, posting all the info you can soon.

_neo_

Best Greetings

PP

You said soon yesterday!!! :p

Ah well, these things teach patience and I understand *lies to self and others*

Underground areas and spiffy animations -I cant wait to hear in detail!

Best Greetings

PP

this sounds great :yay:

where will you post more infos? here or different thread? i dont want to miss that.

Hmm not sure about this. Since it is a lot of information i might even make a new one if this would be appropriet.

Hmm not sure about this. Since it is a lot of information i might even make a new one if this would be appropriet.

do-it.jpg

:)

ETA to it? :hmmm:

if petka/BIS hasn't asked specifically not to talk about what you played/seen, or made you sign some NDA, there is no reason you should be think twice about sharing the info with the less fortunate that weren't able to attend gamescon...2cents anyways

ah yes. This is also a new feature. When you adjust your grenade launcher you will actually see that the sights have been corrected and you have another angle of view.

Here are 2 pictures of it. I excuse myself for the poor quality but at this moment i was not really concentrated on the camera^^. But i guess you'll see what i mean.

PP

and @Pufu well i talked with pettka particulary about this and promised him to come back on him, so i will do this.

Edited by PurePassion

ah yes. This is also a new feature. When you adjust your grenade launcher you will actually see that the sights have been corrected and you have another angle of view.

Here are 2 pictures of it. I excuse myself for the poor quality but at this moment i was not really concentrated on the camera^^. But i guess you'll see what i mean.

PP

Good , the GL Sight is moving while you change the zeroing?

and What that Target (above the gun) mean ?

Edited by RobertHammer