Sign in to follow this  
TriPro

BIS at the GC: Very kind!

In those two pictures, what's the purpose of the big round target in the air exactly?

EDIT: Gonna guess it was what you're trying to hit with the grenade round?

Good , the GL Sight is moving while you change the zeroing?

and What that Target (above the gun) mean ?

I guess its just a shooting range mission. Like the mini game they made for Android / Apple :)

I hope they're completely changing the way the muzzle flash is implemented, since I always thought having it as part of the weapon model ("zasleh" selection or something?) was a little weird. Instead the model should merely define the muzzle flash position, the visual effect itself should be defined separately, so changing flash effect doesn't necessitate changing the model itself.

Like it is in SWAT3 (good ol times).

why is it that gamescom ends and we heard nothing about arma 3, is everything under embargo until somtimes later?

why is it that gamescom ends and we heard nothing about arma 3, is everything under embargo until somtimes later?

This, i havent even raped my F5 key, i have patiently waited for days for any info, and nothing.

Yet there is all this great iformation gathered by two lucky community members here and we have heard almost none of it:( I VANTTOHEEEREITKNAOW:butbut:

Yet there is all this great iformation gathered by two lucky community members here and we have heard almost none of it:( I VANTTOHEEEREITKNAOW:butbut:

i second that!

how about we wait, and see what info comes out.

By monday, you guys make a list of questions, and i call BIS HQ with a recorder running? ;)

Edited by jerryhopper

i second that!

how about we wait, and see what info comes out.

By monday, you guys make a list of questions, and i call BIS HQ with a recorder running? ;)

Need video recorder :p

The fact that they're showing some new animations - man, that would keep our bellies full a good 2-3 days (ok, maybe hours but still).

Need video recorder :p

but but.... that mean i have to go to prague? *checks agenda*

:rolleyes: they say its very nice there in december....

but but.... that mean i have to go to prague? *checks agenda*

:rolleyes: they say its very nice there in december....

I will PayPal you thermal socks, heated underwear (new-ish) and pie should you choose to really go ;)

Honestly guys, its crazy.

If i could have been there, i would take 4 extra battery-pack for my phone, my camcorder, and i would stick at that BIS booth till they kicked me out. ( while tweeting/uploading my ass off )

oh well, i'll see what i can do on monday.....

I have a mate who has been invited by BI to their booth tomorrow/today (19th) I'll keep you posted when I hear news, he's on strict instructions to ask a lot fo stuff and make as many pictures/video's as he can... ;)

Though as it will be Armaholic exclusive, You'll hear/read it all there :D

ah yes. This is also a new feature. When you adjust your grenade launcher you will actually see that the sights have been corrected and you have another angle of view.

Here are 2 pictures of it. I excuse myself for the poor quality but at this moment i was not really concentrated on the camera^^. But i guess you'll see what i mean.

Are those proper leaf sights, or arcade sights (Can't really tell from the pictures)? I am really hoping for proper leaf sights.... ;)

Are those proper leaf sights, or arcade sights (Can't really tell from the pictures)? I am really hoping for proper leaf sights.... ;)

It looks more like the sights for the grenade launcher on the scar system (name fails me atm without googling).

Yeah, If the sight works just like in american army2.X then this will be another reason of buy for me:D

The community demand moar sauce!

Edited by 4 IN 1

Those are proper ,but not old school leaf sight

Doctor red dot GL sight

Edited by RobertHammer

At around 7:30 in this Gamestar video swims through an underwater tunnel or arch (dunno what it's called), so I guess underground structures are confirmed. :bounce3:

At around 7:30 in this Gamestar video swims through an underwater tunnel or arch (dunno what it's called), so I guess underground structures are confirmed. :bounce3:

Not the same thing. It's just a big model above the ground.

By underground structures, we're talking about actual holes in the terrain.

Youtube video version. But that still looked cool.

Ha! i got the attention on some of the gamecloud guys. ( at GC atm )

maybe today will be better than yesterday!

Edited by jerryhopper

I believe that the VBS underground structures and tunnels are models inserted in the terrain that connect with it through the updated code and function as if the ground was not there. In that sense, there are no holes in the ground, one doesn't dig through, there has to be a special 3D model defined as or placed underground. So, to make a tunnel or a cave, I guess one has to model the entrances and the walls throughout its length and place it on the map.

I believe that the VBS underground structures and tunnels are models inserted in the terrain that connect with it through the updated code and function as if the ground was not there. In that sense, there are no holes in the ground, one doesn't dig through, there has to be a special 3D model defined as or placed underground. So, to make a tunnel or a cave, I guess one has to model the entrances and the walls throughout its length and place it on the map.

From a technological standpoint you're probably right, but subjectively, a structure that allows you to go underground through some kind of opening is still basically "a hole in the ground". That's what I was getting at to differentiate it from some large model placed above terrain height. :)

Honestly guys, its crazy.

If i could have been there, i would take 4 extra battery-pack for my phone, my camcorder, and i would stick at that BIS booth till they kicked me out. ( while tweeting/uploading my ass off )

oh well, i'll see what i can do on monday.....

I'm voting that we make you the designated community spy, and collectively ship you to all future conventions that BIS is attending. :D

I'm voting that we make you the designated community spy, and collectively ship you to all future conventions that BIS is attending. :D

If my health allows it - thats a DEAL ;)

Where is BIS next ?