Sign in to follow this  
TriPro

BIS at the GC: Very kind!

So I tried to translate some parts of interview with Martin Vaňo. I don't think that is necessary to translate whole interview, some parts are now covered by PurePassion's GC visit and some other news or older articles.

Martin Vaňo introduced himself as senior designer, which is responsible for story, campaign, authenticity of environment and partly about visual aspects.

Arma3 will take place during WWW3, 30-40 years in the future. The war is too long for both side. It is a little bit conflict of civilization, West against East and West is apparently losing the war.

You end up lonely without guns and wearing an enemy uniform. Now you have to find a ally. The beginning is a little bit like survival game, but you don't need hunt animals for food. For example you have to ask civilian to find ally, unless you want search whole island, what you can also do. Some civilians can denounce you to occupants, some can help you. Story will have more ends, most of them will have bad end. These ends will have other variation. There will be key points in the story, where story will be told and player will have to make really tough decision. They want enrich story with pseudo adventure and RPG elements.

Regarding background of the story, because the story take place in post apocalyptic world, there will be sects with their own mythology. Every character will have their own history. They roughly speaking know what happened during now to moment of action 30-40 years in the future and they are planning use this plot for marketing, web and so on.

Then Martin talks about guns, customization etc.

I love the grapghics.

Yep, there something about the color scheme that's reminds me of dreaming in a good way :)

When i see all the presentation videos from E3 and Gamescon etc i somtime wished there would be a well oiled team playing MP showing off how awesome and diverse that part of the game is. I think that would impress newcomers a lot.

The game is in too early shape for that perhaps, but an official video of a team doing some missions during different time of day and different type of missions would seriously impress as it shows more of that "experience" and randomness that happens during battle etc. Maybe something to think about in a later stage. :)

When i see all the presentation videos from E3 and Gamescon etc i somtime wished there would be a well oiled team playing MP showing off how awesome and diverse that part of the game is. I think that would impress newcomers a lot.

The game is in too early shape for that perhaps, but an official video of a team doing some missions during different time of day and different type of missions would seriously impress as it shows more of that "experience" and randomness that happens during battle etc. Maybe something to think about in a later stage. :)

I think that is a very good idea. During the presentation I thought something similar. Why not let experienced player(s) show what the game can do.

Thats exactly what i have thought aswell. Get those people feel the arma-feeling and show them all this awesome stuff you can do with it, what arma is really all about. :) Youtube videos have more marketing power nowadays than you could imagine, so this is a key element in my eyes.

i somtime wished there would be a well oiled woman team playing naked Arma3...

sorry couldn't resist to make it right and this would increase the attention/clickrate supermegafast on b**btube. :D

Couldn't agree more with Alex72's thought. The true potential of BIS' games normally surfaces only after one or two weeks of gameplay, which is why so many newcomers are so frustrated.

Maybe Dwarden will stumble upon Alex72's post and then sets the right levers into motion.

Down to earth impressions usually convince me more than a full-render pre-release videos. (First Failpoint-videos, anyone?) And I hear from a lot of people that they are feeling the same, though then again most of them are true ArmA-Heads, some of them even with surgically attached pink BI-Glasses.

:rolleyes:

An Arma player actually playing would have been much better, watching the video of TB playing all i wanted to do was press / to see if the "secondary" sights work.