Sign in to follow this  
suma

ARMA 2: OA beta build 83780

Red Harvest campaign is bugged with the beta. It is not possible to complete mission 3 "Into the Storm". Reconing the village does not produce visual confirmation of the enemy communications vehicle, preventing further progress.

Absolutely confirmed!

I was wondering what happened to that trigger, too :p

repro: play the mission with latest beta :j:

Absolutely confirmed!

I was wondering what happened to that trigger, too :p

repro: play the mission with latest beta :j:

Thank you for that confirmation. Ticketed as Bug #23755, http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23755

Edited by Morbid_DK
Added URL

Dev's have been quiet on the beta front. I have a sneaking suspicion something big is in the works : )

Dev's have been quiet on the beta front. I have a sneaking suspicion something big is in the works : )

Yes, vacancy probably ;)

Yes, vacancy probably ;)

TOH, A3, anyone? :)

Though it is TOH (Time of Holiday) indeed :)

I hope for working VSI in MP and a 1.60 final patch soon after.

(I can dream, right? :cool:)

Well, Suma hasn't been active on the forums since last Friday, so it's possible that he's gone on holiday. ;)

Well, Suma hasn't been active on the forums since last Friday, so it's possible that he's gone on holiday. ;)

So Suma is only one who can fix bugs in beta patches? :p

So Suma is only one who can fix bugs in beta patches? :p

No, but he's the lead programmer and he seems to be the main guy working on the VSI functionality, so if he went on holiday, there wouldn't expect there to be much progress in that area. :)

While we're all waiting for Suma to return from hols/the 1.60 patch to fall from heaven/BF3 :rolleyes: can anyone tell me if this latest beta is:

a) compatible with 1.59 patch? (i.e. if the server runs 83780, do the clients have to upgrade from 1.59?)

b) less/as/more stable than the 79600 patch in MP?

a) compatible with 1.59 patch? (i.e. if the server runs 83780, do the clients have to upgrade from 1.59?)

It's compatible.

b) less/as/more stable than the 79600 patch in MP?

I'd say more stable, since numerous crash opportunities have been fixed since then.

The only problem with the latest betas in MP is the visual state interpolation causing units to rubberband worse than usual. If that's a deal breaker for you, don't use it. :)

It's compatible.

I'd say more stable, since numerous crash opportunities have been fixed since then.

The only problem with the latest betas in MP is the visual state interpolation causing units to rubberband worse than usual. If that's a deal breaker for you, don't use it. :)

Ditto.

So dead around here lately...either they have something big in store or they're on vacation. :cool:

Yeah, I hope it gets fixed before 1.60, else there is no "don't use it" possibility anymore, seeing all the nice improvements done to AI and general stability so far.

I hope for an RC soon or betas which break MP compat (along a new linux server beta build) to get the MP issues ironed out.

Been having many CTD using betas since 83343 with video memory set to 'DEFAULT'. Setting to 'VERY HIGH' seems to prevent them, but performance suffers.

Dumps sent to Dwarden.

setSkill array values set in mission being ignored again

was fixed in beta [83390] but most likely reintroduced with beta [83544] ("Improved: AI skill settings in difficulty options easier to use.").

The last public beta that does it well is [83500].

updated related ticket + test mission with description:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4483

The footstep sounds when moving slowly wielding a pistol in crouch position are very badly synced. Everything except moving forward results in very fast footsteps, and moving forward is also out of sync.