Sign in to follow this  
gonk

ARMA 2 OA Beta Build 83569

Might be due to:

It would be great to insights how unit skill, difficulty skill and setSkill array are connected.

Especially MGs - if you've noticed they often fire above the target or just spray it.

Machine gunners should go prone by default to control recoil unless ordered to stay crouched or standing. All to often i see AI with machine gun standing up and shooting madly and missing a lot. going prone also would minimize their target profile and hoepfully encourage them to provide a bit more cover with their fire rather than using MG as rifle and being totally inaccurate.

other than this i get killed a lot by AI fire (normally between 50m - 200m) so i must suck a bit or they're not too bad handling certain weapons.

Edited by twisted

can You provide some sample mission for us and rest of people to test ?

e.g. post it as part of CIT ticket ?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23343

Done.

A bit rough, but it's quite hard creating anything better in a game where AI is dynamic...

Note that in a proper mission I wouldn't sit in the open so I wouldn't get shot just as much either

Edited by metalcraze

Seems like the first aid and battlefield clearance anims are suffering in this beta.

I ended up floating above the ground in MP in the fireman's carry position.

Characters seem unable to quickly get out of the first aid animation too. If you do it, you see your rifle slowly heading towards you from farrrrrr underground.

Anyone else wish to confirm?

Seems like the first aid and battlefield clearance anims are suffering in this beta.

I ended up floating above the ground in MP in the fireman's carry position.

Characters seem unable to quickly get out of the first aid animation too. If you do it, you see your rifle slowly heading towards you from farrrrrr underground.

Anyone else wish to confirm?

All confirmed,

I noticed this 'floating' often on other teammates after I healed them (esp. in Insurgency); on their side everything was allright, though.

First aid in SP is broken now, it takes my character up to 2 min after healing has ended to get out of first aid animation :(

ps the floating bug is there since a few betas ago where as the anim delay in SP first occured in this beta

Edited by @ST

Confirming the above also. Takes a while before you regain control of your own avatar after applying first aid.

ive made a SP mission

my team gets inserted by helicopter and when i try to disembark my team they wont get out, when i switch to the next operator so the AI team leader gives the disembark command they do get out i wil test without the beta patch to confirm this issue

Seems like I found a bug. Have no idea which beta has caused it or the best way to report it.

It is easy to reproduce though. Run Arma2 CO , no beta , put any object tyre heap works good, and use..

BIS_Effects_Burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf"; nul = [this,7,time,false,true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;

in the init of the object.

Start the mission , everything works. Tires will be on fire.

Restart Arma2 CO with beta, rerun the mission and tires will not be on fire.

The Bis_effects_burn seems to work on vehicles (tanks, helos, etc) no problems , with or without beta. Objects and gamelogics seem to have the problems.

Nomadd

Edited by Nomadd

These new AI improvements will work only for my AI on a server using the initial 1.59 patch ? or needs to be serverside also ?

These new AI improvements will work only for my AI on a server using the initial 1.59 patch ? or needs to be serverside also ?

If you want AI improvements on the server side AI, the server needs the beta patch as well.

Seems like I found a bug. Have no idea which beta has caused it or the best way to report it.

It is easy to reproduce though. Run Arma2 CO , no beta , put any object tyre heap works good, and use..

BIS_Effects_Burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf"; nul = [this,7,time,false,true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;

in the init of the object.

The Bis_effects_burn seems to work on vehicles (tanks, helos, etc) no problems , with or without beta. Objects and gamelogics seem to have the problems.

Nomadd

Confirmed, this only happens in the current Beta 83569

I have to report that trying to play Red Harvest campaign with this build results always in a crash after the scene in the briefing room on board of LHD.

Campaign runs normal unti the briefing szene...trying to resume from that ponit also results in a crash...tried it multiple times.

Fixed in 83635

Bug: Helicopters unable to detect or identify moving infantrymen ( AA units included ) till 50-100m. Distance.

I am building the repro now.

Its different if you just only place AI (with/without LOS) towards enemy units or if you give them a waypoint. Guess BIS needs some finetuning on AI's detection range and their options/equipment to "use" magnifying sights/binocs (= better info about unknown units/objects).

For example AI sniper units should be able to reveal + fire at targets in weapons effective range. In vanilla (without addons/scripting) they are still useless as long range sniper support.

I have to report that trying to play Red Harvest campaign with this build results always in a crash after the scene in the briefing room on board of LHD.

Campaign runs normal unti the briefing szene...trying to resume from that ponit also results in a crash...tried it multiple times.

Well, that´s a strange one, no crashes for me, played through the intro and part of first mission without problems (Ye, rifle training is bugged: i hit the targets and am being told I missed :p... all those minor bugs barely worth mentioning :rolleyes:)

Seems though the first aid module is gettin f...d up more and more for me:

now, if I heal someone or am being healed, one of us gets suddenly teleported 500 meters or so away :eek:

This happened to myself in MP and I saw it happening to AI in SP.

Regarding the delay it seems when my character puts his weapon to the ground to start healing the weapon falls through the ground texture and keeps falling at a distinct speed while healing so it really takes my character a while to retrieve his weapon from far down under after finishing healing :j:

Plz try n fix asap :bounce3:

Regarding the delay it seems when my character puts his weapon to the ground to start healing the weapon falls through the ground texture and keeps falling at a distinct speed while healing so it really takes my character a while to retrieve his weapon from far down under after finishing healing :j:

Plz try n fix asap :bounce3:

This time I would really like to have a repro (preferrably on the CIT), as it is not obvious to me how to get into such situation.

ATV,mountainbike and motorcycle player shadow missing.

anyone else haves this issue ??

Ancient issue.

Upvote - http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11425

This time I would really like to have a repro (preferrably on the CIT), as it is not obvious to me how to get into such situation.

Done - http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23385

Edited by CameronMcDonald