Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 83313

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[83310] Fixed: More space for GameSpy QR2 signature key answer.

[83308] Fixed: low game fps causing innacurate AI weapon aiming (see also http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22974)

[83273] Changed: Temporarily abandoned vehicles are no longer considered neutral (AI continues engaging them).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suma: Do you think we can get a fix for this bug included in the next patch? You replied to the ticket (thanks for that), but no mention of if it can be fixed, or when? Sorry for asking, I know it probably gets annoying :/ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17538

Edited by -=seany=-

seems like this beta is useless, cant look up and down with my mouse, or is it only me?:rolleyes:

deleted the old beta folder and installed the current...

@ seany

17538 is a content bug. Very unlikely to see this fixed in a beta patch.

seems like this beta is useless, cant look up and down with my mouse, or is it only me?:rolleyes:

No, it's not only you.

Xeno

Loving

[83310] Fixed: More space for GameSpy QR2 signature key answer.
Thanks!

@ seany

17538 is a content bug. Very unlikely to see this fixed in a beta patch.

I said next patch, not beta patch :D. I just wanted to get confirmation that this can be included. Or is ear marked..some where..for inclusion.

My ass, what´s next:

a beta where you can´t move?! :p

Actually, I had a similar problem on an occasion or two in the last few patches, but only in vehicles. At one point, pressing the right mouse button to zoom in froze my view at the current angle, and I suddenly saw the gauges of the driver/pilot (happened once in a car and one in a helo).

Haven't been able to reproduce this in any way, and it really only happened twice or maybe three times (disembarking and getting back in fixed the issue).

EDIT: Just tried it in game and I get the same effect. Gun moves, but the view only moves slightly up and down, a few pixels maybe. Same on the outside view. Seems to work when looking down the gun. Meh.. rolling back to previous beta.

Edited by Alwarren

Yes mouse is messed up.

I am seeing a problem with units firing on empty vehicles.

I have some BLUFOR come across an EMPTY URAL(ZU-23), they ignore it as there's no one near it, there's no enemy in the game yet as it's just a test.

However if you try and have the BLUFOR get in the truck using a getin waypoint they attack it for a while before getting in and driving off if it's still drivable.

Units are now aiming better again at close range though.

Edited by F2k Sel

Actually, I had a similar problem on an occasion or two in the last few patches, but only in vehicles. At one point, pressing the right mouse button to zoom in froze my view at the current angle, and I suddenly saw the gauges of the driver/pilot (happened once in a car and one in a helo).

Haven't been able to reproduce this in any way, and it really only happened twice or maybe three times (disembarking and getting back in fixed the issue).

same here with fixed viewing angle. Only thing happening that precise moment it happened was the ai team mates changes from danger to clear. haven't happen again after that.

Have the issue with being unable to turn vertically as well

And looking around with ALT doesn't work

Edit: the AI on the other hand is improved. Now they react and engage an APC in my test twice as fast - guess has to do something with that fix.

Edited by metalcraze

ok this one is really funny. reinstalled the beta, still same issue. the hud moves still names of planes go up and down but the screen doesnt move on it. guess i have to pass on this one;=)^. the options for mouse are allright.

Looking up/down doesn't work for me either, gun moves, but the view stays the same

Edit: Alt key doesn't work either, the view just stays as it regardless of mouse motion.

View angle problem seems to only affect infantry, and only when not aiming or aiming with iron sights/reflex sights. Using a scope works. Also, it works normally inside of vehicles or static defenses.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

same here with fixed viewing angle. Only thing happening that precise moment it happened was the ai team mates changes from danger to clear. haven't happen again after that.

Hm, come to think of it, that might have been the case for me as well. Was somewhere near the end of a mission when we were all evacuating the area...

Yes mouse is messed up.

I have some BLUFOR come across an EMPTY URAL(ZU-23), they ignore it as there's no one near it, there's no enemy in the game yet as it's just a test.

However if you try and have the BLUFOR get in the truck using a getin waypoint they attack it for a while before getting in and driving off if it's still drivable.

Units are now aiming better again at close range though.

as Suma posted , Ai will now open fire on empty vehicles if AI consider them still usable by crew

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1994314&postcount=80

A change like this was implemented in 83273. It takes the distance of the units in group into account as well to certain extent.

The careful and experienced part of me tells me I should not mess with thing like this at all as this stage, as I can easily break many things. The brave and adventurous part of me tell me it is only beta and if it does not work out well, we can always revert it. Please, test extensively - as a result of this change AI can engage empty vehicles which were not engaged before, provided there is some crew ready to board them.

yes ofcourse your example sounds like bug (considering there is no enemy at all) ...

Dwarden I understand that but that isn't quite what's happening, a little more testing reveals that it only happens if the BLUFOR are close to the vehicle when I start the mission 30 meters ish. At 100 meters or so away they don't fire on the vehicle but run to it and get in. They don't fire unless I place a getin waypoint on the vehicle either.

I'm assuming it's seeing itself as hostile units close to the vehicle.

Update.

A little more testing reveals they will attack it at greater distances but not always.

using unit moveingunner tank will cause a friendly unit to open fire on the tank. unit had jumped out which I hadn't noticed.

I confirm no enemy AI on the map.

Edited by F2k Sel

New Mouse movement stuff because of changes in Animations for Arma3? Turning 'Aiming deadzone' ON makes it playable. Allthough I the lack of freelook is painful.

Notably new mouse movement disappears when you go prone.

-k

Looking up/down doesn't work for me either, gun moves, but the view stays the same

Edit: Alt key doesn't work either, the view just stays as it regardless of mouse motion.

Confirmed. It is result of fix http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22974, which has broken the head movement completely.

A fixed version should be ready tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Yes mouse is messed up.

Great. I understand what is causing the issue, it is how condition in http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1994314#post1994314 was implemented. Fix should be easy.

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

I think I have fixed it, but not having your repro, I am not sure if I have fixed exactly the problem you have seen, as what I have seen was a bit different (they got near the car, and instread of getting in have destroyed it). If you can attach your repro mission, I can verify my fix fixes your problem as well.

Yep, mouse movement is totally borked. I just did a reformat and I thought I was going insane, lol.

Probably should close this thread until the next one.

Just an observation.

I had one group of BLUFOR infantry attack a group of OPFOR with an unarmed truck. I feel BLUFOR spent far to long attacking the truck even though the driver died in seconds. BLUFOR got wiped out while OPFOR only lost the driver of the truck.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/klhxux

Can't get stuff out of crates cause I can't look at them!

Just an observation.

I had one group of BLUFOR infantry attack a group of OPFOR with an unarmed truck. I feel BLUFOR spent far to long attacking the truck even though the driver died in seconds. BLUFOR got wiped out while OPFOR only lost the driver of the truck.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/klhxux

Using 83261 on Veteran, all BLUFOR died, but several of the OPFOR with weapons also were killed. I agree that more emphasis should have been focused on the firing OPFOR rather than the vehicle. Wouldn't they be seen as more of an immediate threat? Given that BLUFOR has two .50 cal MGs, all the OPFOR should have been wiped out.