Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Woo, nice find! Have the diver animations changed? Transitions between swimming and floating seem a lot smoother. HDR underwater and general lightning in that scene look Crysis-like - probably a better ToD setting used in this particular case. At 8:10 sprinting infantry kicks up dust. Jumping Betty at 9:15, always nice to see it perform. :) !NEW! Blood trails from wounded infantry @ 9:40. :)

Same demo, as before.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

This was footage from the Gamescom build at the business area so the animations are the same you saw in earlier videos from there.

About your other observations: you're a good spotter ;)

That Karel Moricky did a good job showcasing it. Most stuff I had seen, but he made it interesting enough I wanted to keep watching. + there was some new stuff!

ty for the vid ;)

Nice! thanks Purepassion, good to see some new footage (even if technically its old).

That Karel Moricky did a good job showcasing it. Most stuff I had seen, but he made it interesting enough I wanted to keep watching. + there was some new stuff!

ty for the vid ;)

Exactly my thoughts !

Did you notice the commanche shooting rockets in the base during the MRLS launching sequence? look at the smoke of the rockets looks like they improve the particle system

Did you notice the commanche shooting rockets in the base during the MRLS launching sequence? look at the smoke of the rockets looks like they improve the particle system

They are improved. It was seen in a previous GC video, smoke and other particles are effected by the downwash of the helicopters. I'd love to see it in action with smoke grenades and such.

Yea, here's a better perspective at 8:25,

Rnpl-gRp3FY

If the same can be done to smoke grenades, then nobody will ever want to leave the LZ. :D

---------- Post added at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:59 ----------

Compare to Comanche from last year's E3,

6t13eNGJj2s

This is on Lemnos, BTW!!! :D

Not to put too fine a point on this...

There will be no discussion on this forum about the imprisonment issue until further notice. We have been asked politely not to churn the rumour mill. I think we can all understand the sensitive nature of this issue.

Any further inappropriate comments about this issue will garner immediate and severe moderator action, especially those comments which treat this issue like a source of amusement.

Thank you.

Edited by Max Power

I hope they improved the performance of the particle system too.

i can run arma2 fine, but particles are killing my framerate.

Posts deleted, infraction given.

If we say we don't want something discussed on the forums, it will not be discussed on these forums, there is no democracy here, no freedom of speech, this is a privately owned forum provided as a free service, not a right or a certainty, if you don't agree with that please let me know and we will close your forum account and you're welcome to post somewhere else.

Wow,almost two months away from last post, expecting some new stuff from BI developer, pictures, interviews?

Wow,almost two months away from last post, expecting some new stuff from BI developer, pictures, interviews?

Don't expect anything new from BIS until this Greek situation is under control. Won't discuss more.

However, I am now hoping BIS proves me wrong ;p

Actually a year and 3 months since the OP was updated and the link in the OP is a 404 error. 3 months since BIS devs posted anything here and that was a feature we've never actually seen so far (editor module things). There have been some news articles with pics and a few Looking Glass features over the past year, but absolutely nothing since GamesCon other than newly opened positions needed. The A3 website is horribly out of date.

Meanwhile other projects are getting lead programmer and CEO involvement, weekly updates and game engine architecture changes. Tragic judicial issues are not the cause of lack of focus on A3 from BIS.

It can explain why BI doesn't talk about A3 at the moment... but you didn't mention how there was an opening for the ARMA 3 dev team announced last week or how a dev put up a social network/online functionality survey for ARMA 3 (though frankly I hope that the devs also take input from outside the community).

If anything, I imagine that there's just no big story with ARMA 3 for BI to be promoting at the moment until Ivan/Martin come home or until the community alpha is released... and I would point out that that other project is after all getting its own RV iteration, of course that's going to need some focus!

Hey Karel, are we able to get this stuff too? :)

Yep, I'm also looking to buy this kind of nice glass stuff.

Maybe they make the same with the Comanche !:bounce3:

Don't be ridiculous... the Comanche was canceled in 2004, so there is no way BI can adopt it as a glass model in 2013...

Sorry for the OT, I await my well deserved punishment

I wonder if the glass models will be in a collectors edition or something, if that is true I gues this will be my first Collectors Edition ever :)