Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Well what you prefer:

A rushed out Alpha with a hell lot of annoying bugs and an rpt filled with a million of entries

or

A delayed Alpha which then works at least somewhat stable and you can enjoy without clicking away errors every minute and a 50 MB rpt after playing 10 mins?

Well what you prefer:

A rushed out Alpha with a hell lot of annoying bugs and an rpt filled with a million of entries

or

A delayed Alpha which then works at least somewhat stable and you can enjoy without clicking away errors every minute and a 50 MB rpt after playing 10 mins?

I'd prefer the latter with some tech blogs on the side and some scraps of even a few pixels please!

:p

of course the second option. But really, it was already delayed since august 2012, cause of porting from physx 2 to 3. :)

I'd rather have the first option. At this rate we won't have any kind of alpha or beta and yet another shitty release. Wasn't any different with A1 and A2 :P

@Tonci: Do you have to have some kinda Tony Stark operation?

of course the second option. But really, it was already delayed since august 2012, cause of porting from physx 2 to 3. :)

yes, and? where's the hurry?

I'd rather have the first option. At this rate we won't have any kind of alpha or beta and yet another shitty release. Wasn't any different with A1 and A2 :P

There was no public or private community tests for any of the mentioned titles.

Following the resemblance between TKOH development process of and A3 with this focused test sessions, and alpha as well as a beta are planned, and not the other way around, isn't it?

Well what you prefer:

or

I prefer neither cause I am not the one who decide. :)

Anyway, I am looking forward to alpha no matter when it will be released.

I just want some more screenshots, tech blogs and a video with Jay Crowes amazing voice in it. I NEED SOMETHING TO DAY DREAM ABOUT BIS! ;)

Arma 3 can come out Q4 for all I care It would be imperative of BIS to ship the game as polished as possible so the gaming media doesn't go ape shit again and rave about bugs.

Well what you prefer:

or

Food for fun: The Battlefield 3 beta was apparently even more bug-ridden than the alpha because it was rushed! The story I remember was that the build that ended up being used was the only that would pass console certification in time to meet the previously-announced start date, that they "had" to have PC/PS3/XB360 all start dates (I imagine because this was after console had taken the lead as development platform) and -- more importantly than "PC vs. console" -- they refused to push back the 'beta', despite the fact that they already had a build which had reduced many of the problems with the beta build!
Arma 3 can come out Q4 for all I care It would be imperative of BIS to ship the game as polished as possible so the gaming media doesn't go ape shit again and rave about bugs.
Well, thanks to DayZ it'll be harder for those bugs to not be noticed... and harder to excuse as "a quirk of the one engine that lets me milsim". ;)

@Tonci: Do you have to have some kinda Tony Stark operation?

Nah more of a "tearing apart my shoulder to get some screws out (and find them first!) that are in places they shouldn´t be in" operation. Sounds like fun? Nope. Will it be complicated? Yes, they don´t even know where those damn screws exactly are.

@BIS, you have the power to make my time in hospital a little more fun, just send me that test build, I´ll have plenty of time to test the hell out of it and report everything I find via E-mail Win-Win situation for both of us :p

Well what you prefer:

I'd be happy right now with a bit of news/information. Maybe a few new screenshots, or even a video. I can wait, and I prefer to have an alpha that does work, but I think it's safe to say we're all starved for a bit of news. It's become so awfully quiet around Arma III, and while I can see why that is the case, it makes waiting all the more stressful.

(Don't get me wrong, not "demanding" anything here)

I hope to write in the right thread, some week ago, on Amazon.de, publishing data was 30 April 2013...now 30 May 2013.

What do you think about that?

I hope to write in the right thread, some week ago, on Amazon.de, publishing data was 30 April 2013...now 30 May 2013.

What do you think about that?

That Amazon.de is just guessing.

That's interesting. The question is, where did they get their information? ;)

It's not unheard of for games websites to simply copy release info they saw on other websites, so when someone starts guessing it tends to spread over the internet.

Barring an official announcement, it's safer to assume that this info is bogus. (Though I hope it's correct.)

EDIT: However, the PDF does list Morphicon as the publisher accompanied by an EAN code with the correct prefix, so they don't seem to be guessing about that part - Morphicon is confirmed as the retail publisher for Germany (and perhaps other regions). That means the release date may well have been set and the one on the list could indeed be valid. May 2013 is seeming more and more likely.

Edited by MadDogX

Bohemia haven't given community alpha announcement so I wouldn't trust those sources.

Mabey it will be no alpha..

The internal focus testing is in the second half of february, so if the game is really being released in late May that would leave all of March, April and most of May for the alpha/beta. Three months = plenty of time.

BIS hinted at alpha arriving in early March. I bet the release date will be sometime in June (as per tradition) unless something else comes up.

Could this thread please get locked? Everytime I see a new post here I get my hopes up, yet again it's just some ridiculous release date for the 100th time or some other unrelated stuff.

BIS hinted at alpha arriving in early March.

Here on the forums, or where? I didn't see that.

BIS hinted at alpha arriving in early March. I bet the release date will be sometime in June (as per tradition) unless something else comes up.

I hope so. I am really itching for some Arma 3.