Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Obviously we won't hear about that any time soon from the devs, but one thing people seem to keep forgetting is that legally Ivan and Martin are supposed to eventually return to Greece to stand trial, they're literally working-while-out-on-bail.

Maybe the delay of the campaign has to do with that. The main island was renamed, and after that BIS got awfully silent on the forces that weren't BLUFOR. OPFOR used to be Iran, but now they're known as Red, so maybe they changed the OPFOR. Could they be redoing much of the campaign in a response to the Greece situation?

Wouldn't be surprised if that was why, although I'd admittedly be also wondering why it was "this late in the game" (as to merit a delay) when the Altis renaming and "we got demoralized, no longer could bear to use the name Limnos" was explained much earlier on. As previously noted, the use of Blue and Red were because for what the focus was supposed to be on (playtesting of content) the names were placeholders, but on dev branch they were recently renamed to NATO and CSAT respectively.

Guys watch PCGames' video on an interview with the devs! I can't post the photos, but when they look at the UAVs, you can notice some striders and some APCs! They look like modified M2 Bradleys or something. Anyone identify these?:yay: hell yeah!

Guys watch PCGames' video on an interview with the devs! I can't post the photos, but when they look at the UAVs, you can notice some striders and some APCs! They look like modified M2 Bradleys or something. Anyone identify these?:yay: hell yeah!

To late, lot of us have posted news and analyzes of this video, reach in this thread you will find informations

Reposting for relevance:

Studio, MoCap

Altis (mid-range textures still there...)

@2:00 : Zamak Refuel

@4:10 : Merkava and sights

@5:49 : UGV, UAV and the little quad-UAV

@7:20 : Arty and other new vehicles

@8:35 : BRT-K AA variant

@10:35 : Jets, L-159, GreenFor vehicles

You missed the Pandur II for Green Army APC, we see it just before the UGV/UAV, and behind the line of HEMTT we can see a form which is probably a plane

Reposting for relevance:

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post

Studio, MoCap

Altis (mid-range textures still there...)

@2:00 : Zamak Refuel

@4:10 : Merkava and sights

@5:49 : UGV, UAV and the little quad-UAV

@7:20 : Arty and other new vehicles

@8:35 : BRT-K AA variant

@10:35 : Jets, L-159, GreenFor vehicles

BTR-K AA is called ZSU-39 Tigris

No, i found it in the PBO, and you can find this name in the field manual

Maybe the delay of the campaign has to do with that. The main island was renamed, and after that BIS got awfully silent on the forces that weren't BLUFOR. OPFOR used to be Iran, but now they're known as Red, so maybe they changed the OPFOR. Could they be redoing much of the campaign in a response to the Greece situation?

Yes renaming stuff takes years.

made me laugh lmao

lets just wait for the blog next week. maybe it will explain more and possibly give us a suprise...?

it looks like we are only getting one plane with each side? im not 100% but theres no information on any more jets than the 2 i can see

Edited by tyl3r99

Maybe some parts of it were "controversial" and needed to be changed/removed. But I remember BI saying that some Greek minister played A3 and said that there was nothing controversial in it.

it looks like we are only getting one plane with each side? im not 100% but theres no information on any more jets than the 2 i can see

The L-159 Alca is a european plane, it's not stealthy and small, so I doubt the CSAT will be using it, especially since BIS took the approach of CSAT being an advanced army and equal or even better than NATO. If the L-159 is their only plane then it would be disappointing.

ArmA 2 had much more than 2 planes, including the Su-34, which is probably superior to the L-159 and it's from modern-coldwar era. So my guess is that the L-159 will be GREENFOR's main plane, and perhaps a secondary OPFOR plane.

As for NOT releasing the SP Campaign on Final....several thoughts:

1) All this chatter is for NOT.....we have to wait for their "Official" statement this week before we should be passing judgement as to why they decided to delay it.

2) This situation is starting to sound like the "Steam" controversy back in February. Boy, we heard a lot of complaining on that issue and in the end, it was a GREAT decision.....I love ArmA 3 on Steam.

3) Keep this in mind..... ArmA 3 is a VERY VERY COMPLEX Simulator with 100 different things going on at once. It takes Genius and Time to put it all together...... be patient.

4) For those who are upset that the release is going to be delayed: Have a Positive Mental Attitude.....use that time before the Campaign is released to perfect your weapons, vehicles, and infantry. When the Campaign release comes, you'll be ready to kick ass.

5) BIS has been GREAT so far.....I love being on the Development Branch and getting all the Updates from day to day and watch the game get polished before my eyes. Also, BIS is listening to our "Criticisms" and are doing their best to please the community (they can't please everyone.....they are Striking a Balance).

6) I predict that one year from now, the game will be Polished......ACE 3 will be in full swing.....and the Community, for the most part, will be very pleased with ArmA 3.

Right now, I'm enjoying the heck out of the ArmA 3 Beta........ the Multiplayer is a blast (if you get in with the right server) and making missions is always fun.

Again, lets wait for the official statement on why they delayed the Campaign. Either way, we should all be appreciative of what BIS is doing.....they are working their butts off to give us a quality product. Remember, if you bought the Alpha, it was a steal for $30.

who knows... i just hope there are bombers and fighters of different types and can carry more ammo lol

The L-159 Alca is a european plane, it's not stealthy and small, so I doubt the CSAT will be using it, especially since BIS took the approach of CSAT being an advanced army and equal or even better than NATO. If the L-159 is their only plane then it would be disappointing.

ArmA 2 had much more than 2 planes, including the Su-34, which is probably superior to the L-159 and it's from modern-coldwar era. So my guess is that the L-159 will be GREENFOR's main plane, and perhaps a secondary OPFOR plane.

also, i hope you will be able to rearm properly using these jets so like an ammo box type of thing for planes you can place and you taxi towards it and so forth...

In ArmA 2 we have about 10 planes F-35, AV-8B, SU-25, L-39, L-159, SU-34, A-10, MV-22, C-130, An-2. I think they are to doing the same for ArmA 3. It is a matter of content, developers can not release a game with a lot of content and release a suite with half, it would not be a good selling point

Also, BIS is listening to our "Criticisms" and are doing their best to please the community (they can't please everyone.....they are Striking a Balance).

Thus far they have been pleasing casual players almost exclusively. There's no balance when ArmA3 ditched so many realism features and they aren't coming back let alone new ones.

they are not delaying the game... only the campaign

and its not a simulator its a game even BIS has stated this....

As for NOT releasing the SP Campaign on Final....several thoughts:

1) All this chatter is for NOT.....we have to wait for their "Official" statement this week before we should be passing judgement as to why they decided to delay it.

2) This situation is starting to sound like the "Steam" controversy back in February. Boy, we heard a lot of complaining on that issue and in the end, it was a GREAT decision.....I love ArmA 3 on Steam.

3) Keep this in mind..... ArmA 3 is a VERY VERY COMPLEX Simulator with 100 different things going on at once. It takes Genius and Time to put it all together...... be patient.

4) For those who are upset that the release is going to be delayed: Have a Positive Mental Attitude.....use that time before the Campaign is released to perfect your weapons, vehicles, and infantry. When the Campaign release comes, you'll be ready to kick ass.

5) BIS has been GREAT so far.....I love being on the Development Branch and getting all the Updates from day to day and watch the game get polished before my eyes. Also, BIS is listening to our "Criticisms" and are doing their best to please the community (they can't please everyone.....they are Striking a Balance).

6) I predict that one year from now, the game will be Polished......ACE 3 will be in full swing.....and the Community, for the most part, will be very pleased with ArmA 3.

Right now, I'm enjoying the heck out of the ArmA 3 Beta........ the Multiplayer is a blast (if you get in with the right server) and making missions is always fun.

Again, lets wait for the official statement on why they delayed the Campaign. Either way, we should all be appreciative of what BIS is doing.....they are working their butts off to give us a quality product. Remember, if you bought the Alpha, it was a steal for $30.

Metalcraze said: "Thus far they have been pleasing casual players almost exclusively. There's no balance when ArmA3 ditched so many realism features and they aren't coming back let alone new ones."

I'm sorry......but I've got to say it: It's only Beta. :o I'm reserving judgement until Final Release.

*Note* ArmA 2 was fun, but to put it in a few words: "It was / is clunky" (Playing ArmA 2 in AllinArmA doesn't count). ArmA 3 is "Smooth as Silk". Prediction: The Game Play and Realism will be better than ArmA 2. Just the Radio Chatter alone makes it a better game :p I got so tired of hearing that robotic voice say, "2 - get - in - that - vehicle."

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

they are not delaying the game... only the campaign

I never said they were delaying the game, I said they were delaying the Campaign. The word "it" in that first thought referred to the Campaign. As for the word "Release" in thought 4, that refers to the "Campaign" as well, not Final Release. If you read all of thought 4, you'd understand that.......

Also, I called it a "Game" in line 6. To me, it is more of a "Simulator" than a "Game"....but hey, whatever, man.

In ArmA 2 we have about 10 planes F-35, AV-8B, SU-25, L-39, L-159, SU-34, A-10, MV-22, C-130, An-2. I think they are to doing the same for ArmA 3. It is a matter of content, developers can not release a game with a lot of content and release a suite with half, it would not be a good selling point

Some of these were added in Operation Arrowhead so vanilla Arma 2 had less.

In ArmA 2 we have about 10 planes F-35, AV-8B, SU-25, L-39, L-159, SU-34, A-10, MV-22, C-130, An-2. I think they are to doing the same for ArmA 3.

And how do you get to that conclusion ?

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Geez, how often do you want to repeat this mantra ? "Game" doesn't mean no realism. The also called it an authentic game, but you "it's a game" people always drop that part.

Geez, how often do you want to repeat this mantra ? "Game" doesn't mean no realism. The also called it an authentic game, but you "it's a game" people always drop that part.

well i know a game can have realism to it.. and the reason why they have said its not a simulator so that people cannot complain when the game isnt 100% realistic.. because it wont be.

i was just stating the fact that it isnt a MIL SIM

well i know a game can have realism to it.. and the reason why they have said its not a simulator so that people cannot complain when the game isnt 100% realistic.. because it wont be.

Not this old chestnut again... keep on topic please people.

Not this old chestnut again... keep on topic please people.

what was everyone talking about again i forgot

And how do you get to that conclusion ?

PBO, I found lot of ammunition for different plane.

Since when simulators are 100% realistic or not games?

For whatever reason you seem to be calling a complex game "a simulator" and a dumbed down game "a game".

And FYI BIS is calling ArmA3 a milsim

www.arma2.com

Whoopsie!