Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Actually, yeah, when i tried out launching them to see if the ccip worked well, i noticed they left a missile-like trail :confused:, but somehow neglected it xD and carried on.

EDIT: Sort-of fix for that: Don't use the MMA fire button to launch the bombs, that makes them act as missiles :S , but if you just use the MMA CCIP for targeting and firing them as a normal BIS bomb, they go like bombs, it's problably a config error in MMA turning bombs into missiles.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

LOL, you are right, I'm adding a smoke trail there by mistake, while it should act as a normal bomb.

Fixed in this test version, expect an inminent official release.

Edited by Mandoble

Thanks for the heads-up Mando. Wait...those smoke trails on bombs won't be kept on the release will they? I thought bombs didn't leave any trail when falling.

And on a side note, with these several Nimitz and Hornet updates (not a complaint), now i get 3 actions to lower / raise tailhooks.I think that should be looked into, if it isn't already that is.

Evil_Brownie, in the link to test version above, these trails are already gone and free fall bombs are free fall bombs again.

Just had an empty dedicated server for a couple minuits, so I taken that chance to make a video of the Gear - Issue when using the Superhornet on a Dedicated Server.

Here the video: (sorry for the wierd aspect ratio... youtube dont support eyefinity properly yet :P )

Some infos:

-Only one Superhornet is in the mission

-Startet from the Nimitz on Namalsk

-Im the only one on the server and I'm flying without an AI

-Im below the max speed for the gear

-As told above, on a dedicated server

Description what is happening:

Basicly Im flying straight ahead way at about 200km/h, which should be perfectly fine for lowering the gear. So I use the user action to lower the Landing Gear [F-18]. The Landing Gear starts to go down, locks and then moves immidiatly back up into the fuselage. I try it several times with different speeds.

Any thoughts? Any more infos needed?

Best regards and keep up the superb work! Coming along really nicely.

PS: Had today a wierd encounter with the MK82 Bombs... when I droped them via Mando, they launched like a Maverick... Was pretty funny :D

This wasnt there in the V1.1. Any similiar reports?

Thanks a lot for that video! I dont have any suggestions to that problem, but it will be the next one that I focus on.

Trying to get the issue with the USS Nimitz resolved. I have to do a lot of testing because I have to do some scripting. I am also going to clean up the addon files a little.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. The things will get worked out.

Did anyone see my other message about the "dualrail"? Don't make me use CAPS again :p

But is dualrail a weapon or a weapon holder? When I drop them they explode, but it looks like they hold the mk82's in place so when I drop them, the bombs float under the wings.

Did anyone see my other message about the "dualrail"? Don't make me use CAPS again :p

But is dualrail a weapon or a weapon holder? When I drop them they explode, but it looks like they hold the mk82's in place so when I drop them, the bombs float under the wings.

On no not the CAPS :butbut: "dualrail" are the weapon holder (allows for multiple ammo).

I fixed that in the upcoming update, to were you cant drop them or fire them anymore.

Meatball,

Just a couple of things I saw come across my report monitor:

fz_f18f_aws: obsTurret - unknown animation source obsTurret

fz_f18f_aws: obsGun - unknown animation source obsGun

Are these model related, or MMA related?

Meatball,

Just a couple of things I saw come across my report monitor:

fz_f18f_aws: obsTurret - unknown animation source obsTurret

fz_f18f_aws: obsGun - unknown animation source obsGun

Are these model related, or MMA related?

I noticed those... and yes those are model related. Dont know much about them at the moment, but will look into it at sometime. Thanks!

Hey Meatball I was just wondering, and this is sorta also directed at anyone with mod making experience I guess. With the thing about having an F/A-18 already spawned with folded wings, so that you could have them spawned really close together on the deck of the Nimitz etc, how hard would it be to make an empty static F/A-18 with such a configuration? I think its doable if you scripted it from what I've read in this thread. But then obviously I'm no expert in the matter at all. Just thought I'd ask the question. And once again fantastic addon Meat! LOVE IT! (well now I got it to work haha)

Hey Meatball I was just wondering, and this is sorta also directed at anyone with mod making experience I guess. With the thing about having an F/A-18 already spawned with folded wings, so that you could have them spawned really close together on the deck of the Nimitz etc, how hard would it be to make an empty static F/A-18 with such a configuration? I think its doable if you scripted it from what I've read in this thread. But then obviously I'm no expert in the matter at all. Just thought I'd ask the question. And once again fantastic addon Meat! LOVE IT! (well now I got it to work haha)

I am little busy this weekend, but I will take this into consideration. I will be honest and say that it will be a low priority for the moment. I will add it to further issues that need to be looked at.

Quick question here: Probably directly mostly towards Myke in this case.

I've been trying the F/A 18 a bit now. And loving it, (great work by all you lot)

However, it says its equiped with mk82's (which shouldnt be guided as far as i know)

They do however lock perfectly and track onto any moving lockable target. And are deadly accurate, (making me think they are more like JDAM's?)

Also, cannot seem to get the GPS/INS System to work with any of the ordanance onboard the F/A 18 even tho thats something i would love to see working on it?

Currently using following addons:

ACE

RKSL Radarsys, Merlin, Lynx and Typhoon,

UKF weapons

CBA

Also loving the MFD's and such, just wish my throttle and stick input would work while having one open :P

Thanks,

- Deaders

Are you using mando? if so, is it the latest test version, there's a link a few pages back on this thread.

I say this because a previous test version caused mk82 to be guided a bit like missiles, leaving a trail.

Without MMA you can lock the Mk82s on Vehicles and the Mk82 behave like guided bombs. Also when you switch to the Mk82 it says 'missiles' O_o

This is the new list of "TO DO's".. Will have more time later this evening, just wanted to pop my head in and update you all.

TO DO LIST:

------------

* WORK ON DAMAGE MODEL - need to look into this.. (LOW)

* ADD GEAR TO PILOT - Yes I know about that was going to get to it. (LOW)

* NAV System - slightly off-screen (LOW)

* WORKING ON: TAILHOOK ISSUE - When used with the Nimitz Carrier, you will get two Lower Tailhook Useractions. Is it possible to bind those to each other, so we only have one Tailhook to lower? (HIGH)

* JETTISONED FUEL TANK ISSUE - Dont know how that is possible.. heard some talk about it earlier. will look into it. (LOW)

* STUCK IN AIR - I am looking into it, but I am pretty sure it has something to do with the start up sequence. I am working on that now. (MEDIUM)

* GPS/INS Issues (I dont know if that would be for me or [GLT] MYke) (HIGH)

* Mk82 need to talk with [GLT] Myke about this (HIGH)

* POSSIBLE add already folded wings F/A-18

* MULTIPLAYER issue with landing gear not staying extended (MEDIUM)

Sounds good ;)

I really enjoy flying this bird. I love how it handles on a landing approach (doesn't matter if it's a landbase or the nimitz). It just feels right. It would be nice if it loses a little less speed in turns. But the only thing that really is annoying is something you can't do much about if I understood Mandoble right: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1994066&postcount=2626. It just breaks immersion.

Oh, and I succesfully killed some guys and destroyed a pickup with the droptank xD

Edited by Derbysieger

Isn't the droptank a new fuel/air bomb :)

I think that's the only reason we have the option to drop it :D

Well in real life, wouldn't they drop the fuel tanks when they get into combat or air to air combat. Maybe dropping the tank (ingame) could add a noticeable gain in manueverability or speed or something?

In real life yeah that would be the case, but I dont think its scripted to add any gains when dropped in the game :cool:

When you reach a speed before taking off runway you get the option to pull gear up, even though you are still on the ground(It does pull up gear if you click it).

When I pressed "CAPS LOCK" to activate afterburner, the afterburner was coming out from the center, unlike the blue after burner colors you have. When I say center I mean between the two turbofans.

Are you using ACE? For me it's "LEFT SHIFT" for the F/A-18's afterburner. I didn't manually assign any keys to it.

I have a problem i can use the f18 when i select it in the armoury but if i use the editor and place an f18 for me to pilot it will give me an f35,not sure what i did wrong.