Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

It appears ANY weapon, I was using ace 2 and also tried vanilla the same result can't lock on :(

I'm really sorry, i can't reproduce the bug here, everything works as it should. Could you do me a favour and start without any mods at all and test out vanilla ArmA planes?

Also you say ANY weapon, does this include the gun? As the gun is not part of the Missilebox, it would mean the bug is located somewhere else.

I really try to find the issue but is next to impossible to me as i can't reproduce it so i rely on your help on this. Any info you can provide that might be helpful is welcome.

Im stuck for like 10 secs in air when i just started the game as flying or when taking off. Anyone else expierencing this ? I am running ace + f18 addon

I experienced the same issue a couple of pages back but it seems to have gone un-noticed... only had it while testing on chernarus though...

Yeah on chenaruss at the start the game will freeze for a good 10 seconds and then performance will be really choppy...

I find the flaps down gears down low speed flight really dodgy... I find it bleeds speed really quickly... I'm not sure if thats just me though...

Good start so far...

Ok.. today is also another busy day for me and my family. I wont have time to do anything until this evening. I really appreciate all of you reporting issues with the F/A-18. This is what I am planning on doing later this evening:

* Going through the thread and organizing all of the issues that need attention

* Next week focusing on getting the issues resolved with the model.

Most of these issues are new to me as I have not experienced them before. I am confident we will work through these issues and will have everything eventually ironed out.

love it ... but i can't have a lock on it with missiles or any other weapon !!

also the after burner consume to much fuel, it would be better if it consume less fuel like GLT - F16.

Why? Afterburner is supposed to have high fuel consumption, it's only meant to be used on takeoff and to gain a slight advantage in air combat.

Edited by NodUnit

Just a suggestion, when the fuel tank is jettisoned, the fuel level should be decreased automatically, using the setFuel command or a similar method.

i see what they mean with the scale the scale is OK but it looks like the F18 has had his nose punched backwards (it looks to short) i noticed the pilots having white masks and no gear like maps and guns

but those little things aside this is awesome

Again i've spent some time in the mission editor flying various aircrafts equipped with Missilebox weapons, also tried the F/A-18. All missiles have locked on target as expected.

Also checked the config files again, i can't see any reason why it could fail at some people.

Myke, I would say the problem is that the F18 itself cannot be locked on by other units, not that the F18 cannot lock on enemies. Just guessing ...

I will update the first post... before posting any new issues or questions please check the first post before posting.

FOLD WINGS:

-------------

this animate ["l_wingfold",1]

this animate ["r_wingfold",1]

OPEN CANOPY:

--------------

this animate ["canopy",1]

ISSUES:

--------

* SCALE - F/A-18F maybe a little too large (MEDIUM)

* MMA - Need to make corrections on the ViewPilot view. pilots and gunners heads seems too off center (HIGH)

* WORK ON DAMAGE MODEL - need to look into this.. (LOW)

* FIX HUD - Yes I know about this and will get to it soon. (HIGH)

* ADD GEAR TO PILOT - Yes I know about that was going to get to it. (LOW)

* OPTICS ISSUE - Never had problem will look into it (MEDIUM)

* EDITOR CONFIG - placed under USMC > Air Wing >.... maybe (LOW)

* PLAYER CAMERA PLACEMENT - Will work on this (HIGH)

* TEXTURE - This is being worked on now (HIGH)

* F/A-18 CANNOT BE LOCKED ONTO - Never heard of this until now.. will look into it (MEDIUM)

* LANDING GEAR ISSUES - First time of hearing about this will look into it (HIGH)

* COUNTER MEASURES - Thought there were some.. oh yeah that is using MMA. Will look into it. (LOW)

* NAV System - slightly off-screen (LOW)

* TAILHOOK ISSUE - When used with the Nimitz Carrier, you will get two Lower Tailhook Useractions. Is it possible to bind those to each other, so we only have one Tailhook to lower? (HIGH)

* STUCK IN AIR - stuck for like 10 secs in air when i just started the game as flying or when taking off. First time I heard of this will look into it (MEDIUM)

* JETTISONED FUEL TANK ISSUE - Just a suggestion, when the fuel tank is jettisoned, the fuel level should be decreased automatically, using the setFuel command or a similar method. Will look into it. (LOW)

As you can see there are some issues with the bird, some I knew about and others are totally new to me. I did my best as to give a priority level to each issue and will try to get these resolved as quick as possible. My skills are limited so this may take sometime.

I appreciate everyone's patience and support. Thank you for reporting these issues.

Also, I would like to thank F2F_BHO, [GLT] Myke, and Mandoble for helping out!! Thanks you are a big help to me!

Edited by Meatball0311

Just a suggestion, when the fuel tank is jettisoned, the fuel level should be decreased automatically, using the setFuel command or a similar method.
Just as long as it's possible to actually empty the external tank. I'd hate to be at 30% fuel and drop the tank, ending up as a red stain on the ground.

thanks very much meatball for great work i thing by all the community.

thanks also to everybody help you in development of this plane.

arma forever ........................................:bounce3:

@Meatball0311

while testing about the "can not lock weapons" i saw that the Dualrails actually can be "fired". Doesn't make sense and should IMHO removed. Remove the corresponding weapon from the weapons array from the F/A-18 and you can also remove the respective cfgWeapons class definition. For such equipment using weapon proxies, actually a defined weapon isn't required to correctly show up, cfgAmmo and cfgMagazine will do.

@GLTMyke,

Just tested it with just arma2 & AO stock addons no mods or anything.Just the files downloaded from armaholic including required addons. Still cannot lock any weapons on the bird... I'm running latest version of OA and arma 2...maybe you guys have a more up to date set of addons or the links at armaholic are pointing to the incorrect versions??

dunno mate strange :/

Perhaps we should be more careful with English here. It's not at all clear about this locking problem. Are users saying;

A) Weapons carried by the aircraft are not locking on to other targets.

or

B) AA weapons are not able to lock onto the F/A 18?

Edited by Tankbuster

Ok downloaded all files from that link Myke, even made sure I had the latest CBA too... Still nothing.

However I am now able to lock on air to ground weapons onto the F18 but still no AA missiles..

@Tankbuster

I am flying an opfor plane trying to lock AA weapons onto the f18 ...

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Ok downloaded all files from that link Myke, even made sure I had the latest CBA too... Still nothing.

However I am now able to lock on air to ground weapons onto the F18 but still no AA missiles..

@Tankbuster

I am flying an opfor plane trying to lock AA weapons onto the f18 ...

But it works as it should with any other plane? Only the F/A-18 you can't lock? Then it is clearly not Missilebox related if you could confirm this.

I have the same problem, I can't lock on the F18 with any opfor plane. I have latest versions needed addons.

We experienced something similar on the server, when we were testing it around some Shilkas, they didn't even try to shoot a single round as we flew around them.

Also another issue with MMA on a server, when we tried to change the loadout of the plane, it would get changed but the next instant it reverted back to the original loadout. This didn't happen on SP.

Fisgas, if you have a gunner onboard, make him to rearm the plane.