Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Myke;1988297']Thanks for the report' date=' will immediately look into it. Could you please post what others addons you had runnin beside the F/A-18 and the Missilebox?

Also could you please report any issues with the weapons (except the gun, this is part of the F/A-18 addon afaik) either here or here

The only addon i was running as well was the Zeus AI mod, nothing else aside from misslebox and the needed addons like CBA. I had tried to use mando missle with the addon as well but nothing locks on as well aside from Ch missles (tested with lobo's iraqi Mig 29, gnat's TU22 and SU33s, vanilla SU34)

I'll post a list of weapons i've tried and see what works and what does not on your site, thanks

edit: just tested the tunguska against it, no lock on, and the AI will not target it with the cannons as well. I've tried it with a 2 seater manual fire on and off, single seater, it still won't work except the Ch29 missiles. All infantry AA launchers will not lock on as well.

Edited by Insurgenting

Here are some screens of the new textures...

th_meatballtexfix.png

th_Meatball_F-18ETexfix.png

Edited by F2F_BHO
resize images

Wow.. woke up this morning to see that there are some problems. Sorry to say, but I have to do somethings with the wife today and really don't have the time to respond to all the posts.

I would like to say thank you to all of you who are posting these issues. This is the exact reason I released it early... so we can work out these issues and get this bird working perfectly. Thanks!

Its great that its released and all, but its not perfect and i hope you will address these issues in the long term and not take this too harshly.

Thank you for taking the time in doing all that work.. those screens will help out. And yes I will take these issues seriously and do my best in getting them corrected.

Once again.. I thank the community. I am new at this and this project was definitely a learning curve and also remember this is Version 1.0. We will try to get these things fixed. Will report back later on today... thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Thanks a lot brother! Those are looking great!

Edited by Foxhound
Please do not quote images

Find HERE a test version of MMA including F18's setups.

Meatball, everything seems to work fine, but pilots and gunners heads seems too offcentre to the left. MMA Hud is displaced to match F18's hud, but the gunsight is noticeably displaced to the right, eventually this migth lead to unacuracy with MMA CCIP iron bombs attacks.

The only addon i was running as well was the Zeus AI mod, nothing else aside from misslebox and the needed addons like CBA. I had tried to use mando missle with the addon as well but nothing locks on as well aside from Ch missles (tested with lobo's iraqi Mig 29, gnat's TU22 and SU33s, vanilla SU34)

I'll post a list of weapons i've tried and see what works and what does not on your site, thanks

edit: just tested the tunguska against it, no lock on, and the AI will not target it with the cannons as well. I've tried it with a 2 seater manual fire on and off, single seater, it still won't work except the Ch29 missiles. All infantry AA launchers will not lock on as well.

Did some quick tests with several AA and AAA weapons but i can't reproduce any problems at all. All missiles lock on targets as expected. At first i thought it might be related to difficulty settings so i've tested this aswell.

In the Missilebox all missiles share the same base definitions, per missile changes are only for ranges, speeds and such stuff which is unrelated to lock ability.

Since the Missilebox is out quite a while in it's current state and until now i've didn't heard of such problems i do think that something at your side is breaking it. Would be very interested to track it down, maybe there is something i could add to fix it anyway.

Here are some in Game Screens, having some issues with Texture artifacts, if anyone has an answer would love to hear it .

th_arma2oa2011-07-2315-04-14-31.png

th_arma2oa2011-07-2315-06-49-17.png

th_arma2oa2011-07-2315-03-25-48.png

Meatball I love you so much no homo i love all your addons and this made my day thank u so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Thank you for taking the time to create such a great addon.

I was looking at the menu system you have setup and specifically the Avionics/Nav System. When I select it, the panel appears on the bottom right of my screen with only the top right view of the panel visible, not sure if that is they way it was designed or something else.

Another thing I accidentally noticed is landing without any gear works great as you can do a belly landing, but I was hovering of the ground, and can still maneuver the aircraft on a sharp turn. Also when I selected the gears they dropped and they were damaged and could not taxi anymore, but they still pushed the jet up and deployed.

Would really appreciate it if you could make a Canadian version/texture of the F18.

Thanks again.

Firstly let me say, great work, really liking the change in flying style etc....

Now to the nitty-gritty not sure If this has been reported yet, but the plane seems to be very buggy while flying on chernarus, using 3rd person freelook anyway, the screen just freezes then blips back into movement after a few seconds.... and as reported by unknown the nav system is slightly off-screen.... the screen-freezes etc dont seem to be present on takistan though....

Myke;1988454']Did some quick tests with several AA and AAA weapons but i can't reproduce any problems at all. All missiles lock on targets as expected. At first i thought it might be related to difficulty settings so i've tested this aswell.

In the Missilebox all missiles share the same base definitions' date=' per missile changes are only for ranges, speeds and such stuff which is unrelated to lock ability.

Since the Missilebox is out quite a while in it's current state and until now i've didn't heard of such problems i do think that something at your side is breaking it. Would be very interested to track it down, maybe there is something i could add to fix it anyway.[/quote']

Could it be wrong CBA version? Or/and CBA mod-order problem (should load first (after A2 beta if used)). A very un-professional guess. :)

Here are some in Game Screens, having some issues with Texture artifacts, if anyone has an answer would love to hear it .

My guess is the main texture was also used to bake the SMDI and/or the AS textures, hence you can change the main texture, but the supershaders leave echos.

On my addons I use "flat" smdi's and as files so almost ANY main texture can be overlayed.

If main appearance texturing was in 1 or 2 files then it would be easy to set up the addon so users could easily do their own custom textures (ie my Cessna), but unfortunately it seems this addon has a LOT if small textures so its probably not practical.

Meatball, if thats not the case and you want some tip on how to set up let me know.

@ Gnat send me a PM i am helping him with the textures, i would love to know, i only had the Pbo file at the time i started messing about, i now have the complete raw file and i am redoing the texture again.

Thank you for taking the time in doing all that work.. those screens will help out. And yes I will take these issues seriously and do my best in getting them corrected.

Once again.. I thank the community. I am new at this and this project was definitely a learning curve and also remember this is Version 1.0. We will try to get these things fixed. Will report back later on today... thanks.

Haha no worries mate, keep up the good work:thumbsup:

th_arma2oa2011-07-2315-04-14-31.png

th_arma2oa2011-07-2315-06-49-17.png

th_arma2oa2011-07-2315-03-25-48.png

Excellent work!

Could it be wrong CBA version? Or/and CBA mod-order problem (should load first (after A2 beta if used)). A very un-professional guess. :)

my CBA is already set to load first on the command line sadly, no dice :(

I removed missle box to see if that was the issue, but even vanilla missles cannot lock on. I'm stumped as I can't imagine what addon i might have that would modify how the missles work honestly, my arma is not very modified and i'm not running stuff like ACE. THe only things that come to mind is RKTweapons but i've tried it with that removed as well with no luck.

Seeing as how it's going i might just do a clean reinstall of arma to see how it goes.

I've got a major problem. I can't have the super hornet and the nimitz in the same game. Essentially I can't load the two modfolders at the same time. No matter what I try, its always either the Nimitz in game, or the Hornet in game. I can't have them both, also I have a map that has three anzac frigates (from the anzac mod), the Nimitz, two Destroyers and some F-15's in a seperate location. If the Hornet has loaded into the game, the F-15's, anzac frigates and the Nimtiz don't. Meaning I can't load the map. And vice versa. It seems the hornet has caused a major glitch in my modfolders.

I've got a major problem. I can't have the super hornet and the nimitz in the same game. Essentially I can't load the two modfolders at the same time. No matter what I try, its always either the Nimitz in game, or the Hornet in game. I can't have them both, also I have a map that has three anzac frigates (from the anzac mod), the Nimitz, two Destroyers and some F-15's in a seperate location. If the Hornet has loaded into the game, the F-15's, anzac frigates and the Nimtiz don't. Meaning I can't load the map. And vice versa. It seems the hornet has caused a major glitch in my modfolders.

Hmmmmm... dont know dude. I know it is frustrating, but the bugs will be worked out. I havent had much time today to do anything... and probably will have more time tomorrow.

I know I can have the Hornet and Nimitz in the same mission so I cant really give you any answers.

Hmmm well thanks Meatball I'll keep trying on my end. Its still an awesome masterpiece. You did a fantastic job!

@SGT M, I haven't seemed to have had any problems yet with the nimitz and hornet together yet playing around with them in the same mission, not sure what would be causing that for you.

@Meatball, gratz on the release, looking forward to updates, particularly navy-related ones :P

Im stuck for like 10 secs in air when i just started the game as flying or when taking off. Anyone else expierencing this ? I am running ace + f18 addon

quick questions how do i get the wings to fold on thier own i wanna put some of these bad boys on the deck of the nimitz

Try this:

[this] exec "\fz_f18\aws\foldwing.sqs";

But they will start folding at the start of the mission, so you cant place the SuperHornets to close to each other, otherwise you will have a little fire on the deck... :D

Maybe it would be good to spawn the Aircrafts with the wings folded? Or at least one version?

After couple houres of SP and MP (Dedicated) server testing, here my Bugreport:

- The Landing Gear isnt working properly on a Dedicated server, if there are two or more Super Hornets arround. When you lower gear one one plane, it is lowering the gear on the second one too. But they are retracted immidiatly again.

- The Landing Gear is lowering automaticly when going below 30AGL. (Currently only workarround to land on the Carrier on MP.

- We have a Lower Landing Gear/Rise Landing Gear and a Gear UP/Gear DOWN Useraction

- As allready reported, the hud and the offset of the Pilot Head needs some optimizing

- When used with the Nimitz Carrier, you will get two Lower Tailhook Useractions. Is it possible to bind those to each other, so we only have one Tailhook to lower?

- Enemy AA/AAA doesnt really care about the SuperHornet... They rather engaging a harmless Tanker Aircraft :D

Hope this small report helps you in any way. Anyway... had tons of fun flying this awesome Superbug for houres from the JDOG Nimitz Carrier.

Keep up the good work. :bounce3:

Myke;1988239']That would be adressed to me as the Missilebox is from my side. So a few more info would be nice: what weapon and what tried you to lock on?

It appears ANY weapon, I was using ace 2 and also tried vanilla the same result can't lock on :(

I just took off from JDG's Nimitz, and I've been in the air for about 10 seconds, and I already know this is the best aircraft release I've seen for Arma. My god what a feeling! And the details? Insane!

Fantastic work! Truly! This is my new favourite plaything. :)