Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Hey Meatball,

first of all excellent work I like it!! :yay:

I have two issues and two requests:

1) When I set a F-18 in the editor flying and preview it I get the "pvs14.p3d not found" error. Don't know if that has already been reported. Only F-18 and GLT_Gissilebox were loaded.

2) Ejection Fail: is this supposed to happen? :-D

3) Can you assign the machine gun to the Pilot and give him a crosshair for it?

4) I'm not that good in scripting but I don't like the NVG sight while looking through the gunner optics. The solution would be to replace the Optic options with the one form the Apache. Don't know exactly if that would do the trick but if it does it would be perfect. Also TI would be awesome. :-D

class OpticsIn {
class Wide {
	opticsDisplayName = "";
	initAngleX = ;
	minAngleX = ;
	maxAngleX = ;
	initAngleY = ;
	minAngleY = ;
	maxAngleY = ;
	initFov = ;
	minFov = ;
	maxFov = ;
	visionMode[] = {"Normal", NVG, "Ti"};
	thermalMode[] = {0, 1};
	gunnerOpticsModel = "\ca\air\optika_Ka50_rocket.p3d";
};

};

class OpticsOut {
class Monocular {
	initAngleX = ;
	minAngleX = ;
	maxAngleX = ;
	initAngleY = ;
	minAngleY = ;
	maxAngleY = ;
	initFov = ;
	minFov = ;
	maxFov = ;
	visionMode[] = {"Normal", NVG};
	gunnerOpticsModel = "";
	gunnerOpticsEffect[] = {};
};
};

Tasel

Edited by Tasel

Hey Meatball,

1) When I set a F-18 in the editor flying and preview it I get the "pvs14.p3d not found" error..

Tasel

I get this same problem. Its something wrong with the Marine Aviator but I have no clue why.. Its still playable thank god.

Added to Six Updater Network:

This is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Meatball,

The F18 looks really crapy from far away on the Nimitz. The F14 crew solved the problem with the carrier.

Tino

Thank you for you honest opinion. I know about this and will add it to the "TO DO" list as a low priority

This is one nice aircraft. The ultimate all-rounder fighter in ArmA 2 brought to us by meatball. Great job.

There is one issue and I cannot see anyone having them yet. My hornet doesn't display the missile locking cue and the Maverick targeting system. The index is also off set by a lot. I think I've installed the correct mods and done correct installation, I reinstalled it but the issue still exists. Please look into it, thank you.

I'm using the ArmA Launcher by Spirited Machine to start ArmA 2 CO because i bought A2 and OA seperately.

Make sure you are using the latest MMA and mar_2MAW_V1.3

Hey Meatball,

first of all excellent work I like it!! :yay:

I have two issues and two requests:

1) When I set a F-18 in the editor flying and preview it I get the "pvs14.p3d not found" error. Don't know if that has already been reported. Only F-18 and GLT_Gissilebox were loaded.

First of all thank you for using my addons, I think it is because you have in your player profile Glasses set to "PVS14-UP", but do not have mar_inf_marines_V1.1 loaded. Check that and let me know

2) Ejection Fail: is this supposed to happen? :-D

Thank you for taking the time to make a video.. yes that is pretty amusing. Will hopefully get that fixed soon.

3) Can you assign the machine gun to the Pilot and give him a crosshair for it?

Hopefully will have that fixed sooner or later.

4) I'm not that good in scripting but I don't like the NVG sight while looking through the gunner optics. The solution would be to replace the Optic options with the one form the Apache. Don't know exactly if that would do the trick but if it does it would be perfect. Also TI would be awesome. :-D

Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into it and hopefully get things corrected. To be honest, I havent really tested anything with the WSO in the rear. Will get on it!

I get this same problem. Its something wrong with the Marine Aviator but I have no clue why.. Its still playable thank god.

Check your player profile and make sure you do not have Glasses "PVS14-UP" set.

I am not the type of person to talk about something before it actually happens. So I won't give out too many details, but I can say with optimism that I feel there will be some really nice additions to this F/A-18 project. As always I thank you all for your patience and interest in this piece of work.

First of all thank you for using my addons, I think it is because you have in your player profile Glasses set to "PVS14-UP", but do not have mar_inf_marines_V1.1 loaded. Check that and let me know

Never used mar_inf_marines_V1.1 and never set any glasses to my profile (default face).

Thank you for taking the time to make a video.. yes that is pretty amusing. Will hopefully get that fixed soon.

I forgot to say that the AI also gets ejected again when hitting the ground and yeah I like it too, sometimes it leads straight to death when you get shot against a wall or house. So I would not recommend it to eject over a city. :-D

Hopefully will have that fixed sooner or later.

Would be nice!

I never had a Stuck in the air with the F-18 but I get stucked in the air when I start the F-18 and ACE and set it flying in the edtior. I don't know if this is related to ACE or to the F-18 but the following spams (only with ace) my RPT file: http://pastebin.com/gQFEWqGU . I also recognized that the Var and AltASL appears after I stucked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsjav-KYdao

If some of the issues are solved we will use it ASAP at my community. Thanks for the work ;-)

Edited by Tasel

Never used mar_inf_marines_V1.1 and never set any glasses to my profile (default face).

Ahhh.. just found where the problem was. I FIXED it and it will be on the next release.

Hey Meatball i'm having issues rearming the plane on this latest version on the MMA Rearm, and i'm using the MMA test version that Mandoble posted here.

Fisgas, if you are in MP game with human gunner, tell him to rearm instead of the pilot.

I was in MP, but i was in my own on the plane, do i still have to go back to the WSO to rearm?

You might try. The rearming works for you being alone in the F18 in SP?

Thanks Meatball for this fantastic addon.

I have been working alot with the Nimitz and your addon along side the Kuznesov and the SU-33. They work well and I can only see them getting even better.

I work around military aircraft and have an oppurtunity to see almost every type in service as our airfield is mostly a transient refueling location for Pacific training.

I know this is alot of work for one person to take on and my skills are not the greatest however, if there is some way I can help, let me know.

Thanks again!

You might try. The rearming works for you being alone in the F18 in SP?

Yes, it works fine.

@Fisgas

Did you get MMA to function with the F-18? If so what did you change? Thanks

Keep at it meatball. Its coming along nicely. Good luck with this.

@Fisgas

Did you get MMA to function with the F-18? If so what did you change? Thanks

Just put in the MMA game logics in the mission.

Just put in the MMA game logics in the mission.

Yeah,

Tried that since the first version was released. I dont play without MMA on any map. All of my other planes work fine. Are you using the MMA Test version from this thread or an released version?

Pharohx, new official MMA is out including the F18 setups, you dont need the test version any more.

Keep at it meatball. Its coming along nicely. Good luck with this.

Thanks! I really appreciate the support.

Really great plane and can't wait for the new skins,just one odd thing the ai don't raise their landing gear once airborne.Thank you. :thumb:

Pharohx, new official MMA is out including the F18 setups, you dont need the test version any more.

Yes!!

Great thanks for your work also. One of my favorite mods!

Really great plane and can't wait for the new skins,just one odd thing the ai don't raise their landing gear once airborne.Thank you. :thumb:

Thanks for letting me know.. will fix on next release.

UPDATE:

mar_2MAW_V1.4

A big thanks to Tasel who offered to help out with a few things. I really appreciate this community and all of the generosity! There are some things being cooked up and I am getting some help from others, but I wont say anything until I have a certainty on it. I hope all of you "Squids" (US Navy) freaks ;) enjoy the addition of VFA-14 "Tophatters". There is a few texture issues I am going to correct, but in all it looks good.

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.4

--------------------

ADDED: Carrier Air wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

FIXED: useraction title "Lower Landing Gear" and "Retract Landing Gear"

FIXED: ERROR "pvs14.p3d not found"

ADDED: GEAR to Fighter Pilot

("Binocular_Vector","Throw","Put","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","M9")

CHANGED: mar_pilot now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > Men > Fighter Pilot

IMPROVED: mar_pilot addon, especially worked on helmet and rvmat.

ADDED: Pilot now has control of machine gun with crosshair (Thanks to Tasel)

FIXED: WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel) now optics include normal, nightvision, thermal white, thermal black.

ADDED: zoom levels to WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.3

--------------------

RESOLVED: TAILHOOK ISSUE - But I think there might be still two actions that pop up, but I dont think they are on

my part, because my useractions would be "Tailhook DOWN" and "Tailhook UP".

REMOVED "F-18" which was really F35B

FIXED Ejection error

FIXED not positively sure but hopefully fixed the multiplayer landing gear issue.

CHANGED now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (2MAW)

COMING SOON: Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.2

--------------------

FIXED mar_pilot.. no longer running into invisible walls on Nimitz deck

REMOVED extra "gear up' and 'gear down" actions

FIXED Pilot View centered for all units

FIXED Pilot RTM file so pilot is not situated nicely in cockpit

RESOLVED Scaling Issue - I checked the dimensions of the F/A-18F and the model is nearly perfect on scale.

UPDATE mar_2MAW_V1.1

--------------------

* FIXED: MMA - Need to make corrections on the ViewPilot view. pilots and gunners heads seems too off center (HIGH)

* FIXED (sort of) : I changed it back to green hud... I know the horizon bar turns... it will have to do for now

until I fix it.

* FIXED: OPTICS ISSUE - Never had problem will look into it (MEDIUM)

* FIXED: PLAYER CAMERA PLACEMENT - Will work on this (HIGH)

* FIXED: TEXTURE - This is being worked on now (HIGH)

* FIXED: F/A-18 CANNOT BE LOCKED ONTO - had a little config issue, now enemy shoots at you, so keep your head down!

* FIXED :LANDING GEAR ISSUES - I added "GEAR DOWN (F/A-18F)" and "GEAR UP (F/A-18F)" use those for now until I

figure out how to erase the others

* FIXED: COUNTER MEASURES (R button)- I added Countermeasures to the F/A-18F

TO DO List

------------------

* WORK ON DAMAGE MODEL - need to look into this.. (LOW)

* NAV System - slightly off-screen (LOW)

* JETTISONED FUEL TANK ISSUE - Dont know how that is possible.. heard some talk about it earlier. will look into

it. (LOW)

* STUCK IN AIR - I am looking into it, but I am pretty sure it has something to do with the start up sequence. I am working on that now. (MEDIUM)

* FIX LOD issue on USS Nimitz (MEDIUM)

* EJECTION FAIL issue (HIGH)

* ADD FOLDED WINGS version (LOW)

* Change position of optics (MEDIUM)

* FIX Landing gear issue (AI does not retract Landing Gear on takeoff) (HIGH)

Updated on Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

5.65 MB delta.

sent 5.65M bytes received 66.30K bytes 394.00K bytes/sec

total size is 53.41M speedup is 9.35

Edited by Sickboy

Hey Meatball, is there any chance you can give an option to remove the retract/lower landing gear as an on screen user action? I prefer to use my hotkeys for that stuff and i dare say others do too.... it just makes it less immersive when it pops up from time to time, even when your not landing but at low speeds it pops up, kinda annoying...

Apart from that loving this addon so much, I'm a typhoon fanboy at heart but this is real nice for coop... :)

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to updated mirror :

F/A-18 Super Hornet [CO] (v 1.4) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1775

Needed :

GLT Missilebox (v 3.4) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=954&game=1

GLT Real Air Weapons (v 3.4) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1731&game=1