Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 82489

New lighting bug

Speaking of light, I am noticing that (at least in multiplayer on the client) the gunner will always switch on the light after dark, even in Danger or Stealth. Can anyone confirm?

[82484] Improved: AI helicopter attempt to land when hit during an attach run.

What is an "attach run"?

What is an "attach run"?

Think it is meant to say an Attack Run.

For those of you with the driver crash, does the "Shift+NumPadMinus - flush" trick work?

Only if the videocard isn't overclocked. Otherwise it runs in accelerated 2D mode with much lower FPS

Performance is so far great again with malloc 3 (it wasnt in 448). Even battles in big villages seem to be less heavy.

The Simple Support Module still works bad. When using laserdesignator (spotting the target already with laser on, when calling the airstrike), the A10 never even appear to the scene. Also when giving target by just targeting some location with gun or binocular, the plane always appear, but sometimes it flies once over the target without dropping the bomb and then just disappear.

Performance is so far great again with malloc 3 (it wasnt in 448). Even battles in big villages seem to be less heavy.

The Simple Support Module still works bad. When using laserdesignator (spotting the target already with laser on, when calling the airstrike), the A10 never even appear to the scene. Also when giving target by just targeting some location with gun or binocular, the plane always appear, but sometimes it flies once over the target without dropping the bomb and then just disappear.

I agree. It's better in this beta for me as well.

Simple Support Module not working? Use Mando Missiles Script version. It would be great in your missions!

Thanks, I will check that Mando's script. :)

[82451] New: AI FSMs can be disabled using unit disableAI "FSM".

Hmm, planes seeing an enemy via their path are still taking a detour after all disableAIs. (eg.: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118135)

Shouldn't they stay on their straight path with this new disabled danger.fsm?

For those of you with the driver crash, does the "Shift+NumPadMinus - flush" trick work?

I haven't tried that - but I will. I'll set AToC=7 and wait for a CTD. Where is that key combo documented?

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Please post crash dumps according to the CIT Wiki in a CIT ticket.

The reason I posted the truncated crash report is that the crash looked like a one-timer that would be very difficult to reproduce. Not worth it to send dumps to Dwarden.

Where is that key combo documented?

Not sure if anywhere, but it's been around since Arma1. :)

Btw. just to be clear, as soon as the driver craps out:

1. Press Shift+NumPadMinus together and release them again.

2. Quickly type "flush".

Don't do anything else before or inbetween.

Just a heads up: resuming saves when installing new patches is known to not work. Restart the mission and try again if a resume fails.

I reported earlier problems with SSM, but also when useing mando´s missile script, the laser designator gives player position as laser target causing missiles to fly to you. :D

I believe the laser designator have bugged from beta 80955.

I reported earlier problems with SSM, but also when useing mando´s missile script, the laser designator gives player position as laser target causing missiles to fly to you. :D

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/21026#note-5

Xeno

Just a heads up: resuming saves when installing new patches is known to not work. Restart the mission and try again if a resume fails.

I've had a problem like this too once with this beta.

Also got a black screen driver crash a second time. Whatever BIS did in between 82489 and the previous one - they need to look into it as it brings that OA bug (that seemed to have been squished in 80995) for GTX260-280-295 back again.

I have a personal mission setup using the BAF Landrover woodland vehicle that I always spawn in at mission start. Today I played it and haven't for a week or so and I notice that moving head around in driver seat the roof canopy is completely missing like an open top convertible, If I step out its fine and not missing, get back in and its missing, no artifact or flickering just missing inc the windscreen but not the side door windows and frames they are fine, the rest is not showing. Ive never seen that before at all, surprised me at first.

I cant say its "this" beta but can anyone drop a woodland BAF landrover onto Chernarus and sit in the drivers seat and look around, do you see the same? I am fully patched up with all OA/BAF and latest A2 patch and this beta.

I need to test with/without beta and will get a screen shot although my description is pretty precise.

Edited by mrcash2009

I have a personal mission setup using the BAF Landrover woodland vehicle that I always spawn in at mission start. Today I played it and havent for a week or so and I notice that moving head around in driver seat the roof canopy is completely missing like an open top convertible, .

I noticed that too, also the window frame is missing, and some other cars have the same problem, like the ACR landrover and the HMMMV SOV. I noticed it with the latter, and made a bug report earlier today here.

It's pretty obvious with the SOV because basically the whole car is missing if you enter it, only the gauges and steering wheel and a few other parts are there...

I am pretty sure it did not happen in older betas.

Yes this must be the case then, well consider it a bug report, thanks for posting. EDIT ... could you possibly add for me my post linked to here on the bugtracker, my login is lost and not time to post it, if that's ok. IE "Landrover BAF missing canopy" .. if you'd be so kind sir :)

The reason I posted the truncated crash report is that the crash looked like a one-timer that would be very difficult to reproduce. Not worth it to send dumps to Dwarden.

Post every dump, specially if you get both .mdmp and .bidmp files! Suma has been able to fix very naughty crashes by a single good dump, even if it wasn't reproducible for him.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Ah yeah, here are my findings to the current BETA.

First the positive, it never happened to me that the game was running Warfare BE for 15h+ without memory leaks!! I started it in the morning at 8 am and when I came back in the evening at 7 pm, one of the AI parties fighting won the match. :D Then I restarted for another round of Warfare BE and it was still running by now.

BUT the sound failed unfortunately, it just went all silent. I can't tell if it was after 11 h or, by now, 15 h of running the game, but it doesn't matter.

In the morning it worked and as I restarted the game now, it started working again.

Yes this must be the case then, well consider it a bug report, thanks for posting. EDIT ... could you possibly add for me my post linked to here on the bugtracker, my login is lost and not time to post it, if that's ok. IE "Landrover BAF missing canopy" .. if you'd be so kind sir :)

Done :)

Post every dump, specially if you get both .mdmp and .bidmp files! Suma has been able to fix very naughty crashes by a single good dump, even if it wasn't reproducible for him.

Done. Sent to Dwarden. However, the crash was most likely caused by me loading a saved game from a previous beta, and is thus not a big deal, as I had suspected.

I've had a problem like this too once with this beta.

Also got a black screen driver crash a second time. Whatever BIS did in between 82489 and the previous one - they need to look into it as it brings that OA bug (that seemed to have been squished in 80995) for GTX260-280-295 back again.

This is not good. The problem with my CTDs is that I don't think they leave the full 3 dump files. Do you get them on CTD?

For me, this beta seems stable, I have not had any more CTDs (ATOC=0), and performance is good.

Btw. just to be clear, as soon as the driver craps out:

1. Press Shift+NumPadMinus together and release them again.

2. Quickly type "flush".

Don't do anything else before or inbetween.

Excellent. Thank you!!! I may have tried the Shift+NumPadMinus, but never typed flush. I will be VERY PSYCHED if that brings my CTD'd games back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it. I'll restart, save, quit, and resume and see what happens.

-----------------------------

Edit.

I did that, no crash, all is good.

---------------------------------

I see several people still experimenting with malloc. I have not been specifying malloc, and leaving it to the integrated default, which is 3. I hope that is what we're supposed to do since 82282.

Edited by OMAC