Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment WiP Thread

September is a 30 day month. ;)

Be patient!! What the.... ^^, let them do their jobs and you will see when its done. Rushing them don't making stuff better, look on ArmA2 1.0 without patches!

Everytime people are asking for the release, you should just put another week of developing on it. :D

^Stay calm.

Jarhead

better yet..EVERY SINGLE TIME you ask for a release date, a soundmodder dies.

Now you don't want LJ or any other soundmodder not being able to complete their work..

now do you?

688.gif

What the hell mate :D You going to sacrifice me???

hmmm... I have some strange pain in my chest ^^

Jarhead

(Pure, sieh lieber zu das du MSN on kommst anstatt son schrott zu schreiben :D:D:D)

Edited by LordJarhead

What the hell mate :D You going to sacrifice me???

hmmm... I have some strange pain in my chest ^^

Jarhead

(Pure, sieh lieber zu das du MSN on kommst anstatt son schrott zu schreiben :D:D:D)

I'm trying to protect you my man!

Will try to come up with something similiar. :D

this is how Arma 2 firefight should sound :D

Not that I doubting, but the sound seems a little to exaggerated, to be real, the mic is really sensible in this soundvideo.

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote videos!!

90% of the time, the microphone, like the camera, lies. I'm pretty sure they are colluding together also.

Not that I doubting, but the sound seems a little to exaggerated, to be real, the mic is really sensible in this soundvideo.

I think it sounds pretty good. Just wish we could get a scene like this with a proper sound set up that could capture the whole dynamic range of sound on the battlefield.

this is how Arma 2 firefight should sound :D

You go to see a band live and the music takes on a totally different sound from what you hear in the studio

You look on youtube and see someone's done a video of the show on their mobile phone and it sounds completely different to either of these

You buy a DVD of the live show and even that sounds completely different from everything before it

This is almost certainly not what a fire fight sounds like

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote videos!

This is almost certainly not what a fire fight sounds like

Strongly agree.

The only solution is to bring up a studio-class recording device to the REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY open area and some firearms for that. Think about it, grab a SUV loaded with dozens of class-3 firearms, cartridges, and some sets of recording devices with a laptop. Then get to the shooting site and record these loudness. After that drive back to studio and using software to tweak these recording sounds for matching all the ranges of the firearm sounds/echos.... wow.

Strongly agree.

The only solution is to bring up a studio-class recording device to the REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY open area and some firearms for that. Think about it, grab a SUV loaded with dozens of class-3 firearms, cartridges, and some sets of recording devices with a laptop. Then get to the shooting site and record these loudness. After that drive back to studio and using software to tweak these recording sounds for matching all the ranges of the firearm sounds/echos.... wow.

Large donations to me can get the community exactly that. :P First order of business... Browning M2 machine gun. $24k USD. lol

http://www.gunsamerica.com/948961149/Guns/Rifles/Class-3-Rifles/Class-3-Any-Other-Weapon/Browning_M_2_50_BMG.htm

I'm working with professionally recorded samples, so it wont be some youtube ripoff. Sadly, we still cant have stereo sounds for firing (the engine mixes it into mono :( ), so creating really powerful 1st person sounds is still a bit hard, but I'll try to do my best.

Please, dont turn this into a "how this should sound" thread. Will post updates when there will be something to show.

Sadly, we still cant have stereo sounds for firing (the engine mixes it into mono :( )

Ahh, no wonder they sounds so plain when firing in First Person. Well, that's pity no doubt, hope there's way to make them sound immerse without stereo.

Sadly, we still cant have stereo sounds for firing (the engine mixes it into mono :(
Fuck!

Well, I see what you mean mate! I think Im going out to record more shootsounds....

But with stereo, the 1st person shoot sound would blow everyone's ears out comparing to mono sounds. Its hard to NOT destroy a mono file when raising volume, bass etc. :(

Anyway, I think this will be better than anything that's out there, with all the different distant sounds.

While I do love authenticity and realism I have always been of the opinion when it comes to sound mods that making the shots and explosions sound good to the ear is more important than putting time and effort it to making them sound authentic to each particular firearm.