Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment WiP Thread

I mix the mechanism sounds into the 1 person shot sound from the weapons reloading sample, no need for these airsoft videos. :)

@Jarhead: There will be around 30 sounds per weapon, but this is not an exact number since some weapon shares sounds with others, like M16 and M4 uses the same from midrange. We added another distance level between midrange and distant, this - for assault rifles - will be the sound played between 500 and 800 meters. Only 1 sound is played at the moment of firing.

Regarding your earplug fx related question, dont know, maybe its doable.

Remember that AR15 series rifles have a very loud crack and a fast gunfire sound, not a long gunfire sound like in most games.

@^ I think he knows what he's doing...!

Edited by PurePassion

I mix the mechanism sounds into the 1 person shot sound from the weapons reloading sample, no need for these airsoft videos. :)

@Jarhead: There will be around 30 sounds per weapon, but this is not an exact number since some weapon shares sounds with others, like M16 and M4 uses the same from midrange. We added another distance level between midrange and distant, this - for assault rifles - will be the sound played between 500 and 800 meters. Only 1 sound is played at the moment of firing.

Regarding your earplug fx related question, dont know, maybe its doable.

Oh, thats beautiful. Nice to hear this. So finally a really usefull script sys. Awesome. Yah, the earplug fx would be maybe usefull... would be interessting maybe!

I think he knows what he's doing...!

Yah, who we are talking too :D Sure thing!

Jarhead

The M16A1 in the RACS mod still has vanilla sounds. Can anyone fix this, or tell me how to fix it?

Thanks.

Wrong thread, mate. ;)

[EDIT] Try posting here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119225 Maybe that is helpful, unless you are using a sound mod in which case, you're best bet is to post in the respective soundmod thread of better help. :)

Edited by Yokhanan

This is not ACE SM nor RACS thread.

Awesome, I can't wait. I loved your soundmod from arma 2. Cant wait to use your new one!

Hey,

just wanted to check for any process you may made so far? Do you have some new stuff or informations for us? I getting really impatient to be honest :D:D

Jarhead

I'm experimenting with stereo sounds. Will post a video if there will be something to show. ;)

Cool.... Does "experimenting" mean that we'll be able to have stereo shoot-sounds in 1st personview/closeup? If so, I would be in love! :)

I'm experimenting with stereo sounds. Will post a video if there will be something to show. ;)

Well, i was working with stereo stuff in Project Zero too. All my soniccracks are in stereo, unbelieveable impression and a totaly new feeling while getting under fire.

Also all environment sounds are in stereo, I had no problems so far.

Only in weaponshoots, I don't believe they'll work. Even not in firstperson.

Keep it up, this will revolutionize the soundmodding ;)

Jarhead

Well, i was working with stereo stuff in Project Zero too. All my soniccracks are in stereo, unbelieveable impression and a totaly new feeling while getting under fire.

Also all environment sounds are in stereo, I had no problems so far.

Only in weaponshoots, I don't believe they'll work. Even not in firstperson.

Keep it up, this will revolutionize the soundmodding ;)

Jarhead

Yeah, I also did stereo sounds for those you mentioned. But stereo-sounds for gunshots would indeed change the whole experience when fireing a weapon in Arma2. :)

I tried to add stereo sounds for gunshots, without any useable result. They totally muffled and sound strange. I tried to add them via Blastcore Sounds Script, so I was able to have stereosounds only in firstperson while in thirdperson the sound is in mono and another soundfile at all. But Blastcore Soundscript has one big disadvantage: Its playing all sounds at once. So shooting my gun in firstperon will play stereo and mono sound and it osunds like two guys are shooting in the same time.

So, not really useable for achive such feature. But on long distance effects, Blastcore is not bad ;) Was helping me to get some really nice sounds out of arma.

Jarhead

I'm really hoping that, whenever it's ready, this will turn out to be the revolution to the series that's been missing since CWC. Keep up the great work!

Erhm sorry guys but we had to push the release date a bit further, to around September. Its a really demanding project and we dont want to release some "as is" half realized sh.

Procrastination crafts perfection! Forge it well, and no rush. ;)