Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

Drone pilots have the highest rates for PSTD.

Really... Thats so weird I cant see why they would have it higher than a real pilot.... But thats just me being an armchair pilot...

P.S on the thing about small bombs replacing the canon.. I remember some RAF commanders saying something like that.. They took canon ammo out of the RAF fighters in A-stan and then the troops said they preffered A-10 support because it had the canon to support them... It was something about the raf support pretty much became a one trick pony with just bombs....

And now I think they've started re-arming with canon rounds again...

Dont underestimate guns... Theyre simple but they're very cheap compared to bombs and can deal with things that bombs and rockets simply wouldnt be practical to use for...

The biggest reason I found for getting guns over bombs was clearance. The FACs had to get cleared through a bunch of different levels for a drop. For guns, you just say that its suppressive fire to cover your movement, and you're cleared hot. I never saw an A-10 gun run, but we got plenty of F-18s. Another good point about guns in Afghanistan is the microterrain that the enemy uses. They like to fire from the little irrigation ditches and then use said ditches to cover their escape. These ditches are narrow, linear targets. If you bring your aircraft in parallel to the ditch, they can tear up the entire length of it. Between the shorter clearance time and the linear coverage, you greatly reduce the enemy's chance of escape.

Anything but the current fictional junk that has been seen in screenshots.This isnt a console sch-fi shooter.Keep it a Milsim and keep it real!!!

Really... Thats so weird I cant see why they would have it higher than a real pilot.... But thats just me being an armchair pilot...

Yeah... It was something to do with not getting time to recover from what they have done...

Basically

Consciously make a decision to end someones life. You watch them getting killed through high resolution cameras. Then all of a sudden your shift is up, and you go home to eat with your family like nothing happened...

P.S on the thing about small bombs replacing the canon.. I remember some RAF commanders saying something like that.. They took canon ammo out of the RAF fighters in A-stan and then the troops said they preffered A-10 support because it had the canon to support them... It was something about the raf support pretty much became a one trick pony with just bombs....

And now I think they've started re-arming with canon rounds again...

Dont underestimate guns... Theyre simple but they're very cheap compared to bombs and can deal with things that bombs and rockets simply wouldnt be practical to use for...

While true, the usefulness of cannon in the present day conflicts (I didn't use the word "wars" for a specific reason listed below) is affected by the present alternatives to the cannon, the political aspects affecting procedures and the magnifying glass of the media and political rivals that the military is under. The scenario of ArmA3 takes place after 2020, and is no longer a regional conflict like in all previous ArmA games, but a part of a world war. There will be massive shifts/improvements/changes in terms of doctrine, technology and political willingness.

The biggest reason I found for getting guns over bombs was clearance. The FACs had to get cleared through a bunch of different levels for a drop. For guns, you just say that its suppressive fire to cover your movement, and you're cleared hot. I never saw an A-10 gun run, but we got plenty of F-18s. Another good point about guns in Afghanistan is the microterrain that the enemy uses. They like to fire from the little irrigation ditches and then use said ditches to cover their escape. These ditches are narrow, linear targets. If you bring your aircraft in parallel to the ditch, they can tear up the entire length of it. Between the shorter clearance time and the linear coverage, you greatly reduce the enemy's chance of escape.

That's mainly because the war in Afghanistan is presented as a limited conflict that doesn't have an absolute majority in terms of public support, and so minimizing casualties is the most important political factor. In the case of a world war, especially one that's going badly for NATO, I think political correctness would be ignored rather quickly, and the use of force would be much more acceptable as a result, leading to far more relaxed use of support assets. We've gone away from doing what it takes to win a war because our generations haven't been threatened by extermination or occupation. We've been living in safety for too long, and that has made our view towards military matters indifferent at best, violently (ironically for pacifists and pacificists) opposed at it's worst. A world war would make us appreciate what "freedom" means, and the measures that have to be taken to maintain that freedom. Both world wars were wars that to most people appeared (and still do) very much black and white, good vs evil, unlike the present day conflicts (although modern ways of communicating had a very strong role to play in our altered view of war and conflict as well).

The great thing is that because of the future setting, BIS can decide which way to go instead of having to stick to a stringent path of development following absolute logic or technology.

Edited by JdB

Anything but the current fictional junk that has been seen in screenshots.This isnt a console sch-fi shooter.Keep it a Milsim and keep it real!!!

I don't think anything we have seen is 100% fictional...

I don't think anything we have seen is 100% fictional...

No kidding, most of the stuff seen in screenshots exists if one were to research the Confirmed Features thread, and those that are not are amalgams of existing vehicles.

No kidding, most of the stuff seen in screenshots exists if one were to research the Confirmed Features thread, and those that are not are amalgams of existing vehicles.

come on, we dont even need to answer that, there are hundreds of posts discuss the thing, while most of us know that the things are either real or plausible the people who apparantly dont just keep on posting, just ignore it.

I'm sorry but I dont see canons ever being removed.. theyve tried it several times before stating your reasons exactly and it allways comes back to bite them in the arse... laser guns are the only thing i see replacing them.....

OK so if we are going fo rthe future... lets go big!

I would love to see the FireFox!

it goes with the theme of not only futuristic but not quite real.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1120&bih=852&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=firefox+plane&oq=firefox+plane&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3567l4635l0l4817l6l6l0l2l2l0l219l574l1.2.1l4l0

ok so if we are going fo rthe future... Lets go big!

I would love to see the firefox!

It goes with the theme of not only futuristic but not quite real.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1120&bih=852&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=firefox+plane&oq=firefox+plane&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3567l4635l0l4817l6l6l0l2l2l0l219l574l1.2.1l4l0

FPDR

You're joking, right?..

I'm not wishing this beacuse I'm Romanian, I'm wishing it beacuse it looks cool :p :

SAUR-2 TBT

Heck... just slap some OPFOR camo on it, I don't care :p

Functioning ground effect military transports, Iran is into them in RL anyway.

Maybe make do a stealth take on the Lunget_pict.php?par=5&num=793 or an Orlyonok rusarms_2078.jpg to bring them up to date.

FPDR

You're joking, right?..

Im dead serious.....

Think in Russian!

I personally would like to see some variation of the Raytheon Sarcos XOS Exoskeleton for loading/lifting. If not that, I'd at least like a true uparmored bulldozer that can push wrecks/etc. (Yes, I am aware there is an addon for A2 that does that, however it would be simpler if it was just put directly into A3). Also, a minelayer vehicle would be nice (hand laying mines is a pain in the rear).

I personally would like to see some variation of the Raytheon Sarcos XOS Exoskeleton for loading/lifting..

Wonder if they'll look more like Aliens style loaders by 2025?

Also seen lighter high agility versions on soldiers that assist when under load so they can jog at distance with heavy packs.

I would like to see these small arms for Russian amy:

Regular army assault rifle: AEK-971 (5,45).

Special Forces sassault rifles: AN-94 (5,45), ADS (5,45),

A-91 (7,62x39), APS underwater, AS (9x39), OTs-14 (9x39).

Regular army machinegun: PKP (7,62x54).

Special Forces machinegun: AEK-999 (7,62x54).

Regular army sniper rifle: SVDK (9,3x64), OSV-96 (12,7x108).

Special Forces sniper rifles: SV-98 (7,62x54), SVL, VSK-94 (9x39),

VKs / VSSK (12,7x108).

smg: AEK-919K, PP-2000.

info available here: http://world.guns.ru

Edited by end

Just put it all ACE weapons content in arma 3 game.

Cheers.

IP rights, copyright infringements (a lot of ace russinas are RH ports from CS mods)...

= problems

Edited by PuFu

Shit like this post is one of the reasons why FUTURISTIC is bad. You open a can of worms and now you have idiots posting crap like this... just great.

it's his opinion, and while i am sure BIS will never go for that sort of thing, he is still entitled to wish it :) Who knows, maybe a modder picks it up...

Hey Rein :)

It's a wish list :)

For a game :)

Set in the future :)

Relax :)

Shit like this post is one of the reasons why FUTURISTIC is bad. You open a can of worms and now you have idiots posting crap like this... just great.

Perhaps you would like to open a can of worms on a vacation from these forums, then?