Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

Meh - magpul-dynamics-art-of-the-shotgun-review-c.jpg make them a 1 time support option and OpFor is pretty much f**k'd )

LOL

AR70 would be great!

M200, M110, SVD (I think it'll never be in A3, 'cause there are not russian...), M40A3, McMillian Tac 50.

That's all!

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote images!!

I know that its been beat to death, but I think that having an A-10C would be prudent, seeing as an A-10 has been in ArmA since OFP1. Same with the other greats like the BMP2, the T-72 and the Mi-24, to name a few. :p

+100500 on Mi-24 - I mean - anything would be better than that fugly KaMi PoC we have seen on teh screens=/

I actually like it. Its interesting, ugly as all get out, but interesting none the less. It looks HUGE!

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1105_01.jpg

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1105_14.jpg

And it should NOT have a torque effect, if it does, I'm going to be unhappy.

How about one of the definitive military cargo/etc lorrys of the past 50 years that will still be around in the 2030’s and is used the world over by many different military’s.

I.e. the Unimog U1300L/U1550L/U1750L/U2450L 6x6 and newer U3000 to U5000

Agreed, bicycles are an absolute must! And please let them have some dampeners/shock absorbers/reduced neck stiffness.

At least I saw Polish armored vehicle Rosomak with 30mm bushmaster canon in game XD

I believe A3 will have regular Patria, not Rosomak variants of this APC. Unless BIS prepares us a surprise ;)

I request a P-90, Steyr AUG's, AK (kalashnikov), FN-2000, Spas-12, MAC-10, Uzi, !!!G-11!!!, AND CORNERSHOT !!!

Please add this weapons, its unique! Thanks!

And some any of this list ;)

This List!

Edited by J-Guid

I love this guy. Srsly. :uzi:

Take it home with you then, just keep him away from a keyboard.

M16, AK74, QBZ95, Steyr AUG, FN2000, AK47.

Basically weapons with 5.56x45mm, 5.45x39mm and 5.8x42mm ammo.

I believe A3 will have regular Patria, not Rosomak variants of this APC. Unless BIS prepares us a surprise ;)

It's even double surprise, because BIS NATO AMV have KTO Rosomak hull (see that little propellers?) with LAV-25 a-like turret. ;)

To stay on topic: I'd like to see some "OPFOR-only" equipment, not "illegally acquired" Merkavas and Tavors. There is confirmed T-100 tank (the one with rail-gun), but what with small arms? BIS can take inspiration from Czech Bren A1, or Polish MSBS - Izhmash claims that after finishing AK-200, they'll go this way - modular rifle, with option to change not only barrels (for LMG or sub-compact variants), but also calibres. Maybe it'll be first Russian rifle with upper and lower receivers?

And add something less hi-tech for rebels. FN F2000, for me is not very good choice for this faction, even in 2020. Abakan, AK-200, various AR-15 variants (including HK416 and 417) - sounds like a fair equipment for future guerillas, even if today these weapons are still fresh.

Hmmm. No not really. Rememer insurgents still use rpg-7s and ak47s (64 years old now?) and some might be lucky enough to get their hands on ar15s and even m16a2s. 10 years in the future, maybe ak74s, m16a2s still, qbz03 (?). Remember 10 years techn ology wise is a huge leap, but to actually start mass producing weapons is another story. While in ten years Russia maybe researching and plainnning a new weapon, the abakan AN94 may have only made it to half of the frontline russian army troops.

Yes 6.5 and 6.8mm weapons will be cool, but in reality I don't see large armies, even the US swapping over to a new calibre (therefore weapons, and therefore screwing the rest of NATO over [NATO all use same cartridge] and actually mass producing and retraining), especially when their problems with the 5.56x45mm round seem to finally bein ironed out due to the two new rounds, the M855A1 and the mk318 SOST.

The AN94 would be very nice to see in the hands of every russian soldier in arma 3, along with America with some updated M16 platform, and China while staying with their QBZ95s, have provided their frontline troops with military standard body armour (they have actually started to order in armour for their troops).

Ofcourse, seeing wooden stock m14s or aks or pkms in 2020 would shit me, but slightly updated versions of weapon systems we have now is probably the most realistic outcome, atleast with small arms. Expect to see very advanced coomunication, targetting and all other kinds of sweet tech in the new vehicles though ;)

M4, M16, M4CQB, M249 with all the nifty attachments.

Exchangable calibers. All these rifles with ballistacly correct 6.8mm as well.

Hmmm. No not really. Rememer insurgents still use rpg-7s and ak47s (64 years old now?) and some might be lucky enough to get their hands on ar15s and even m16a2s.

Yes, they do, but it was BIS decision, not mine, to make equipment in A3 more sci-fi than it'll be in next 10 years in real world. Look at the LMG with case-less ammunition - US Army is in process of testing such weapon, but no decisions were made about adopting it. I guess that even in 2020, still M249 will be main LMG of US Army - unification of components is the main factor, and having LMG firing completely different ammunition than carbine is nonsense.

When talking about future weaponry of real armies, even Abakan is nonsense, because it was adopted in small numbers and probably will be phased out when AK-200 will come. But look, in Armaverse USMC is using XM8 rifle in year 2009 - definitely, A2 and A3 are "better" versions of real word.

I think we should move this discussion here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=123781.

Not to mention that rebel forces around the world rarely use original AK variants. For example, in Libya most of the guerrillas were using Romanian and Polish AKM variants, and sometimes Izhmash AK-74s captured from Ghadaffi's Army. In South America Ukrainian and Bulgarian weapons are very popular.

The action in the game takes place after 2034, so it's 22+ years from now. Just look how fast weapons tech evolved during WW2 and the Cold War...

Actually, the M4A1 CQBR would be a nice thing to see, even 30 or so years in the future.