Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Six

Anyone Still Going to Play ARMA 2 when ARMA 3 Comes Out?

Are you still going to play ARMA 2/OA when ARMA 3 comes out?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still going to play ARMA 2/OA when ARMA 3 comes out?

• Yes, I'll always play it
    • Yes, but only once in a while
    • No

I'm just curious if people out there would still play ARMA 2 or not once ARMA 3 comes out. I still see potential in ARMA 2 and it would be a shame if the community all die off and move to ARMA 3 once it comes out. I want to know if people would still play ARMA 2 once in a while?

Perhaps. The preferable scenario would be to have the content of Arma 2 modded or DLCd into A3.

If Arma 3 is not very bugged and playable with my config, sure i will play arma3 and not the 2.

Perhaps. The preferable scenario would be to have the content of Arma 2 modded or DLCd into A3.

Or directly imported into A3 during the installation when an A2/OA installation has been recognized. :p

I guess I'll stay with A2 for a while now. It's too early to skip it even in 2012.

If Arma 3 is not very bugged and playable with my config, sure i will play arma3 and not the 2.

^this

Well, it seems like most of the ARMA series would be a buggy release on every release, so I'd say I would stick to ARMA 2/OA until it is sorted out. I would also need to get myself a better PC in the meantime and I doubt everyone would have such a high edge gaming PC. I wonder how many of the ARMA 2 Free Players would stay.

I will stay with A2 for a while, of course it all depends on how well A3 performs, whether or not I get a new comp (currently 2.1g single core for A2), and most important, if my clan mates move on. I hated leaving A1 because the missions I made for some of it could not be converted for A2. I would hate to lose all the work I put into my A2 missions and have to start over...again. :(

If Arma 3 isnt bugged at release which im sure wont because with Arma 2 BIS took way more than they could chew likely not the case now with all the funds they got with Arma 2/OA and the DLC's.

The feature set will keep me in Arma 3 especially since my computer will actually be able to run the game fine when it comes out, not the case right now with arma 2.

3D editor and revamp animations are big enough to keep me in Arma 3.

I will stay with A2 for a while, of course it all depends on how well A3 performs, whether or not I get a new comp (currently 2.1g single core for A2), and most important, if my clan mates move on. I hated leaving A1 because the missions I made for some of it could not be converted for A2. I would hate to lose all the work I put into my A2 missions and have to start over...again. :(

Losing all the work I put into ARMA 2 and having to restart is one thing I'm worried about. Whether or not I'll have the time to do it would be another.

I voted 2, but instead of "once in a while", I'll probably only play it sporadically. Even then it will probably only be to play MP with friends or something.

I mostly play MP with friends anyways. I rarely go on public server because its too unorganized and chaotic. I don't go to realism clan because there's too much dedication and "yes sir" kind of things. I mostly play once in a while with friends and spent most of my time for ARMA in the editor.

Well i'm still playing OFP together with ArmA2, no problem. I don't play ArmA anymore though.

Im sure yes, PR is not ready yet for Arma2

Also, I like ACE2, so, I will wait until ACE3 is ready for Arma3 (?) I really hope that the compatibility between Arma2 and Arma3 will be easy to port many mods, because I dont like too much the futuristic look

I have the ugly feeling that if Arma3 fails, (noobished with all the noobish request) I will stop playing even Arma2 :s I hope no, I hope Arma3 to ROCK!

I think I'll still be playing ARMA2 for the modern, not future, weapons.

There are alot of new modifications that will be released for ArmA II about the same time as ArmA III's release. I for one would probably still be playing ArmA II, as the mods I made would be for that, although I also hope that the mods will be easily portable.

Arma2 will still be the proven test bed, and even though they purchase it and I'm sure they will play it, I doubt as many will focus play on Arma3 until patches and addons begin pouring in, specificly present units.

For me though I'll be playing A3 and having a blast with the new features and thinking of ways to expand on their use, the possibilities we get with both physics AND render to texture could be so much more than a simple vehicle screen or vehicles hitting one another.

It will be strictly ArmA3 for me, for the same reasons I no longer play OFP.

I'm confident ArmA3 will easily surpass ArmA2 in terms of performance and features, hopefully the new engine will allow the modding Gods to create mods even more superior to the wonderful creations they have so generously shared with the ArmA2 community.

No. Unless Arma3 is too buggy to be played. Even then I think I will be messing around in the editor and configs rather than play Arma2/OA again.

As much as I loved BI's work on Chernarus, Takistan and the various vehicles and weapons, Arma 3 will have new technology, fresh weaponry and a close-to-real-life freaking Greek island!

So, yeah, no reason to go back to Arma 2!

Especially if the older content gets ported on the new engine.

(for one thing, present day military equipment mods on Arma 3 is a given)

The sooner I get cracking in A3, the sooner I can release stuff. I will probably play A2 every now and then with family in MP until good missions and/or CWR3 arrives.

OFP still live on my hard disk, in ARMA1 i played short time, ARMA2 main game on my desktop now. So, if game will be better, then A2 , i choose variant 2, if not good, that variant 1

So far A3 doesn't look like my type of game, So I'm sticking with A2 for a while, Or till Red Orchestra 2 comes out.

Yes, I'll still be playing Arma OA with mods, mainly because I love the environments and setting of OA, however I dont play the original Arma 2 (Chernarus) anymore.

Edited by Nads

I don't see how A3 (some eye candy, unknown animation improvements, some choosing body armour and weapon attachments that don't really interest me) will at first be able to compete with 3 years' of community work (SLX, GL4, PVP animations, superb sound mods) and 3 years of Bis' patching and optimisation.

I'll get A3 immediately on release, no doubt about it, but it may well be A3 that gets played sporadically, for a while at least.

I'll not play Arma2 anymore when my team will install an Arma 3 server.

I voted 3