Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

someone, I don't remember who, said something about "you don't need to update base class". This is from my server.rpt

Updating base class House->Strategic, by CWR2\Editor\cwr2editor_buildings\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_pristresek/

Updating base class Car->_milMisc, by CWR2\Editor\cwr2editor_milobjects\config.bin/CfgVehicles/PaperCar/

Updating base class UAZ->cwr2_uaz, by CWR2\Cars\cwr2_uaz\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UAZCheat/

Could you check if that's true?

I can make a CIT if you want, but if this is correct and nothing you have to do anything with, then I don't bother making a CIT.

I also found out that CAA1 has an issue with CWR2

Conflicting addon editorupdate102 in 'x\oac\oac_core\addons\oac_core\', previous definition in 'CWR2\Editor\cwr2editor_icons\'

Edited by NoBrainer

If you want my guesstimate, the release is somewhere between 3-4 months from now to shortly before Arma 3. Main point being, it's not around the corner yet.

If you want my guesstimate, the release is somewhere between 3-4 months from now to shortly before Arma 3. Main point being, it's not around the corner yet.

I think any estimate is as good as any other at this point.

And even if the mod comes after the release of Arma 3: It's good to hear (like W0lle said in this interview) that you guys don't rush and put pressure on yourself, like it was with the previous version of the mod (according to W0lle).

It's done when it's done and it will be appreciated and played, no matter when it is finished. Arma 2 is a great platform which is much closer to OFP (much closer than Arma 1) - I don't have any concerns that CWR² will "go under" in the A3 ecstasy! Heck, after all you get the chance to play OFP in actual graphics (which I consider A2 to be)!

Edited by Undeceived
hush?? :) Poor English................ :(

Only got around to going through the demo campaign recently. And since it's been about 10 years since I last played Montignac Must Fall I am a little rusty on the steps to complete it. I searched all Montignac references in this thread, and I think I have a reasonable idea of what to do next, but wouldn't mind a confirmation.

When the rescue chopper arrives, and gets shot down, the hind proceeds to pummel your squad. I assume that I have to then move solo to the extraction point. The thing is, the way I play, is to not abandon my squad. But is it normal that my squad remains in wedge formation, letting itself get pummelled by the hind? Is the intended action to simply sit and watch the hind kill everyone, or are you expected to abandon hope all and start running alone right away?

It can take a long time for the entire squad to be eliminated (I got tired of waiting and quit). But am I correct in my assumption that I have to abandon them and start running solo?

Sometimes the ArmA AI doesn't play by the rules, and the more you try to force them to do something, the weirder they get.

Just abandon the squad for now. We'll see if the mission makers can do anything for them for the next patch.

yep, marked....

But it would be nice to get an update. So I can use ladders and doors on Everon.

The missions is not crusial for me, but the island is.

Would love to start up after summer vacation with some nice coop evenings on Everon

As an SP-only player, mission design is of paramount importance. The island and models are darn near good enough already. I think most people will download CWR2 for the campaign and scenarios. The missions are already very good, but need tweaking to optimize playability. Please add invisible waypoints to the map to make the missions more playable in Veteran and Expert.

Only got around to going through the demo campaign recently. And since it's been about 10 years since I last played Montignac Must Fall I am a little rusty on the steps to complete it. I searched all Montignac references in this thread, and I think I have a reasonable idea of what to do next, but wouldn't mind a confirmation.

When the rescue chopper arrives, and gets shot down, the hind proceeds to pummel your squad. I assume that I have to then move solo to the extraction point. The thing is, the way I play, is to not abandon my squad. But is it normal that my squad remains in wedge formation, letting itself get pummelled by the hind? Is the intended action to simply sit and watch the hind kill everyone, or are you expected to abandon hope all and start running alone right away?

It can take a long time for the entire squad to be eliminated (I got tired of waiting and quit). But am I correct in my assumption that I have to abandon them and start running solo?

There are two possible endings for this mission:

If you reach the forest corner alone, the campaign continues with "After Montignac". If you reach the place with your squad, the campaign continues with "Strange Meeting".

However, no matter if you stay with your squad both missions end with you being captured alone by the Resistance. It's perfectly fine to leave your squad as they die anyway. ;)

As Max said, the AI in A2 is different than the one in OFP. What worked there just fine can be a totally different thing in A2. We try our best to talk them into doing what we want, but sometimes they just have their own will.

@OMAC

The waypoint markers should not be visible in Expert/Veteran Mode. If it's up to me, there shouldn't be any waypoints used at all.

We look into that again to make sure there are no visible waypoints in higher difficulty modes.

@W0lle: You're sure? I always thought it depends if you either managed to capture or failed to capture Montignac? In latter

your squad is ordered to retreat and mission ends

Still, might be just my rusty memory...

Edited by boota

@OMAC

The waypoint markers should not be visible in Expert/Veteran Mode. If it's up to me, there shouldn't be any waypoints used at all.

We look into that again to make sure there are no visible waypoints in higher difficulty modes.

Without the waypoint markers that are temporarily visible in Veteran, how would one know where to go? Like on the mission where you have to patrol through the forest with your squad. If your CO gets killed, you have to know where the waypoints are to successfully complete the patrol, no? I say that the waypoints (or really objective markers) should be visible on the map to avoid confusion, as they are nearly always in A2. Sometimes in CWR2 I had to go into and then exit the map just to get the waypoints to temporarily display - without them it is impossible to know where to go to complete the mission in some cases.

@W0lle: You're sure? I always thought it depends if you either managed to capture or failed to capture Montignac? In latter

your squad is ordered to retreat and mission ends

Still, might be just my rusty memory...

Yes that ending is possible in CWR2 - I saw it twice before figuring things out.

As an SP-only player, mission design is of paramount importance. The island and models are darn near good enough already. I think most people will download CWR2 for the campaign and scenarios. The missions are already very good, but need tweaking to optimize playability. Please add invisible waypoints to the map to make the missions more playable in Veteran and Expert.

yeah I get you on that one.

But me and my clan is the opposite. We don't play SP at all, just MP.

So for me and my guys, if the addons are fixed we can play Sanders coop pack and have fun.

And I think, not sure though, that with the island and models fixed, it's easier to consentrate on the tweaks of the campaigne and then you will get a better SP experience.

What about getting the coordinates via sidechat or in mission briefing/notes instead of those magic waypoint markers? Btw on some support vehicles the light is always on.

I think that we all like so much OFP for sp story in campaigns in cwc and resistance. And i think that CWR2 team should focus to recreate the campaigns as best they can MP is not that importent. We all can play mp in so many missions. But campaigns from cwc and resistance was the best what bis made so far.

I think that we all like so much OFP for sp story in campaigns in cwc and resistance. And i think that CWR2 team should focus to recreate the campaigns as best they can MP is not that importent. We all can play mp in so many missions. But campaigns from cwc and resistance was the best what bis made so far.

Although I have never played OFP, I agree entirely. MP is not the point of CWR2, and is strictly icing on the cake. It's the OFP storyline, campaign, and scenarios that matter. IMHO.

It aims to recreate the experience of the excellent Cold War Crisis and Resistance campaigns from Operation Flashpoint, taking advantage of Bohemia Interactives's modern engine and gameplay enhancements from Operation Arrowhead.

The 1st post is an amazing thing.(And it clearly states the purpose of CWR2)

And i think that CWR2 team should focus to recreate the campaigns as best they can

That's the point of CWR2 as stated above and in the 1st post.

Edited by Manzilla

Will you throw some additional stuff into a patch (a mission or two perhaps)?

Because if you'll do I'll gladly wait some more

@Manzilla

yes i know for what purpose is cwr2 i dont have to read first post for that ;) i write that to Nobrainer.

We will give all missions, be they single, campaign or MP, the attention they deserve.

We will give all missions, be they single, campaign or MP, the attention they deserve.

Awesome. Keep up the good work! :D

Just had a blast playing Ground Attack II. Fantastic!

A year is a long time to wait for A3. CWR2 is playing a very important role in filling that gap. But don't feel any pressure or anything! ;)

I know ToH is in the works, but more A2-based official DLCs would sure be nice - like more levels for BAF.

@W0lle

Thanks for the information. I felt a little silly when I realized that all you had to do was run 200 meters to the treeline. But on my first playthrough, there was no waypoint, and the squad just held their position near where the blackhawk was to pick us up. After reloading the mission a few days later, they "snapped out of it" and correctly made it to the treeline. But to date that's the only problem. The demo campaign is great fun, and still getting through it little by little. Looking forward to Malden and the rest of the game!

Has anyone completed Sniper Team with all 3 squad members intact and together at the extraction point? That is very hard to do, at least on Veteran. No GPS makes the scenario quite hard, also. You've got to be a good map reader and orienteer.

I killed all 3 Speznaz guys, but my two squadmates moved too slow and got wounded. I couldn't stick around to help them as tanks and men were fast approaching. Racing on that cycle at top speed through the trees to avoid canon fire getting the extaction point was lots of fun, but quite hair raising.

Awesome scenario!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Separates the men from the boys.

Has anyone completed Sniper Team with all 3 squad members intact and together at the extraction point? That is very hard to do, at least on Veteran. No GPS makes the scenario quite hard, also. You've got to be a good map reader and orienteer.

I killed all 3 Speznaz guys, but my two squadmates moved too slow and got wounded. I couldn't stick around to help them as tanks and men were fast approaching. Racing on that cycle at top speed through the trees to avoid canon fire getting the extaction point was lots of fun, but quite hair raising.

Why the hell do you even need the dumb AI's following you? They will more likely give away your position than help you. Just set them to stop in the beginning and finish the mission on your own. :p

Yes - I recommend using file formation, stay crouched and hold fire a LOT.