Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Community Feedback Thread - TOH:CP

-Ziggy-;1967932']SLI doesn't work unless the application is renamed.

I renamed it to arma2oa.exe and it works.

:whistle:

SLi works for me without renaming the exe.

I always monitor performance with EVGA Precision and it appeared to be working both cards quite evenly.

In my GTX 295 SLI setup (two PCBs in one card), I noticed that usage of GPU 1 was mainly ~24%, and usage of GPU 2 was at 99%. Strange. In A2/OA, usage of both GPUs was even (near 100%). FPS was 43-49.

The above suggests that SLI is indeed not working properly, although the game seems to play fine (except for crashes on exit - another problem).

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

When flying with auto trim off, there is a frequent need to correct a rightward roll by pressing the A key (bank left). Is this normal in heli flight?

SLi works for me without renaming the exe.

I always monitor performance with EVGA Precision and it appeared to be working both cards quite evenly.

wow, that is odd!

I use the same app to monitor gpu usage, but I did have to alt tab to view it. The brief graph history showed the 2nd card doing nothing, until I renamed the exe.

SLI GTX 275, for reference.

i have to go back and verify my observation, for my peace of mind! :o

OMAC, just for shits and giggles, you should try renaming the exe and tell us your result (gpu usages).

please, and thanks.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Will do.

DirtyDeeds - you are correct. Renaming the exe to arma2oa makes both gpus run (more or less) evenly.

http://tinyurl.com/3skvqxl

Edited by OMAC

Really enjoying the preview. The updated flight model is a lot of fun. Still have to work on landing properly with it, though! :p

All I can say is use brake, slow your drop with analog throttle, and use bank left ("A") when landing to have left skid hit ground first, or you'll roll over. This advice comes from experts in this thread.

Edited by OMAC

-Ziggy-;1968401']wow' date=' that is odd!

I use the same app to monitor gpu usage, but I did have to alt tab to view it. The brief graph history showed the 2nd card doing nothing, until I renamed the exe.[/quote']

Maybe my default global 3d settings are spot on perhaps.

Actually now that I have looked, I have both Take On Helicopters(takeonh.exe) and Take On Helicopters(takeonhdemo.exe) profiles in my NVIDIA drivers. They are version 275.33 currently.

Actually now that I have looked, I have both Take On Helicopters(takeonh.exe) and Take On Helicopters(takeonhdemo.exe) profiles in my NVIDIA drivers. They are version 275.33 currently.

yep, that explains it. I'm using v 266.58

so... use the latest drivers or rename the exe. I should probably update, eh? :o

I can't run this. When I start the sim it says;

"No entry '.profilePathDefault'."

I click OK but the sim CTD.

I am running Win 7 64 bit. Is it because of DX11? Also my GPU is not DX10 but it's a DX9 card. Nvidia 9600 GT 512.

-Ziggy-;1968451']yep' date=' that explains it. I'm using v 266.58

so... use the latest drivers or rename the exe. I should probably update, eh? :o[/quote']

I AM using the most recent drivers (275.33), and, unless I rename the exe, my gpus are not running evenly (see image below). How does one check to see what games have NVIDIA SLI profiles (nothing related to ToH is listed in the NVCP)?

http://tinyurl.com/3rz2429

Please fix the mouse cursor bug where it jumps double it's current location each time it is shown. I.e. each time you hit escape to bring up the menu or use the debug interface, any location of the mouse offset from center is doubled.

Am I the only one suffering from this? And the suffer is huge...

How is this possible? The preview didn't even exist when 275.33 came out. :confused:

Even if those previews exist, they don't match the name of the takeonpreview.exe! How could SLI work properly in that case?

Yes, now I see them. I unchecked the "show only programs on my computer" and they appeared. However, I still don't know how those would work for takeonpreview.exe, unless you rename it. In any case, the NVCP doesn't think they are on my computer, which they are not.

Edited by OMAC

I can't run this. When I start the sim it says;

"No entry '.profilePathDefault'."

I click OK but the sim CTD.

I am running Win 7 64 bit. Is it because of DX11? Also my GPU is not DX10 but it's a DX9 card. Nvidia 9600 GT 512.

Read the readme.txt Focha, you're starting the game wrong.

How is this possible? The preview didn't even exist when 275.33 came out. :confused:

Even if those previews exist, they don't match the name of the takeonpreview.exe! How could SLI work properly in that case?

How do I get those profiles (or check to see if I have them already)?

Evidently they were testing the game before they put out the preview.

Read the readme.txt Focha, you're starting the game wrong.

Thanks for the help. I figure it out. I read the read me file but did not clearly understand how to start it... The read me file should be more cleaner and simple.

Edited by Focha

You might also try renaming the EXE to TakeOnH.exe, so the Nvidia drivers see it properly. This does mean changing the shortcut also.

BIS Developer DnA confirms that the preview exe should be renamed to TakeOnH.exe (or perhaps takeonhdemo.exe) to get SLI to work with NVIDIA drivers.

Not sure if its a known issue, but the waves at the shore dont seem to work.

Edited by NeMeSiS

The new public build 82390 is available! THX BI!

Is it me or do we need no more pedal compensation when raising collective? Its absolutely stable now without autotrim and more armaish me thinks. Don`t know if it is a good sign, though.:confused:

What do you guys think?

Edited by EagleEye[GER]

Gotta say guys, you've done it again!

When I first tried it i was utterly gobsmacked! The flight model is just wonderful. The UI in cockpit is very intuitive. The manual trim method is very conveniently made(Albeit requires just a tiny input after trimming to set it where it's supposed to be). And back to the flight model. It was exactly what i expected. Challenging on one hand, but offering all characteristics of rotary wing flight you can take advantage of, ground effect and all. Yes, the ArmA flight model was far easier to get figured out in a very short amount of time but did some incredible goofs and even provided worse performance at times than a chopper sim flight model would. Since this is your first Chopper sim i was expecting something good, but reasonably clunky. Not the case, I am utterly sold. Sold since i saw the rotor pitch change on the ground actually :D . My only criticism so far is that the turbulence vibration effect seems too canned, but I'm not going further into it since it's a very early release.

And on a side note. Since i saw that you were considering applying the flight model as a difficulty setting to ArmA 3 all I have to say is; DO IT! I for one would absolutely love it.

Thanks again

MarcL

Edited by SJ_MarcL

Just grabbed the update (thanks!) and I know this have been mentioned before...

- DirectX 10 February 2010 is required

I run the preview fine on my computer (DX9) but wonder if this a typo or will the final ToH require DirectX 10?

Now back to testing, curious if that somewhat wierd shaking (could find any direct pattern) is changed, that being said I've never flown any helicopter in RL so maybe things just are as they should.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

flight model is really good :yay:

would fucking LOVE this in arma (in response to your recent interview ;))

We've finished our first update, which introduced some basic exe fixes, and some specific things too. Other feedback (partly noted in the above post; particularly in regard to the flight model and handling), is in WiP, but requires a longer turn around or are not yet internally tested for distribution.

I think there's a few more changes than are listed in the changelog :) Handling seems much easier now - deadzone on x52 is either gone or very much reduced, ground effect 'bounce' when trying to land seems to be virtually gone, much less 'pendulum' effect when flying, much less requirement to apply rudder when changing collective etc.

I have no idea whether these changes make things more or less realistic but it's certainly a lot easier to fly now. I even managed to fly inside a hangar, land, take off and fly back out again without crashing and there's no way I could have managed that in the earlier build :)

BIS: Would it be possible to have an option for the mirror at this stage to turn it on/off (maybe a config option)? Im suffering too much lag and i think its the mirror. It makes it hard to test.

I havent tested HT off though and maybe that might be the cause. However ARMA2 running very smooth with the same settings. I even took VD and Object VD down to minimum but no change.

Thanks.

BIS: Would it be possible to have an option for the mirror at this stage to turn it on/off (maybe a config option)?

signed. Have fps drop too and stuttering with a Q6600 CPU.

Thanks for update bis!

BIS: Would it be possible to have an option for the mirror at this stage to turn it on/off (maybe a config option)?

Thanks.

Yup, it's currently planned to be linked to video options settings, so it steps down performance/demand in line with other options.

As for an individual option to disable it, sure, I'll look into that. Technically it should be possible via config value, as you say, if its not wip already. ;)

We'll hopefully have a technology Report In! up soonâ„¢, which naturally drives a bit of the development focus towards these things and provides some more info about their development generally.

Best,

RiE