Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Will you buy ARMAIII?

Will you buy ARMA III?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy ARMA III?

• Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!
    • Yes I will!
    • I don't know I want to see more informations about It first
    • No!

I'm not sold on GRAW oh, I mean ArmA3 yet

I'm not in favour of the 'future' setting nor the fanciful storyline, but comparing it to GRAW? C'mon man that's just plain nonsense. Matter of fact it will be more similar in characteristics to VBS2 than any other game on the market.

Lol I feel sorry for the sheep that voted for "Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!", you guys are no different than the COD sheep.

Anyways.......I'm not sold on GRAW oh, I mean ArmA3 yet, I need to see a lot more gameplay before I even think about buying it.

I know what I'm getting into . Arma's pro's always overwhelmed the con's , at least for me .

As I said before , I'm going to buy all Arma 3 related products , simply for the fact that BIS support their games and they kept the core gameplay the same across the series .

Regarding the jump in the near future ...

I have this thing called an open mind that helps me cope with change a lot better .

Also the game is a sandbox and it will support mods just as before so your not stuck playing the same thing over and over again .

Calling people sheep, comparing Arma3 to GRAW... not to put too fine a point on it, but don't feed the troll, guys.

Seeing that you need at least a good quadcore for A3 it is no longer relevant If will buy it. can't even play it anyway. It will remain to be a game for the elite that can spend +1k for a pc every few years.

It will remain to be a game for the elite that can spend +1k for a pc every few years.

Elite? lolz. Saving ten dollars a week for two years doesn't exactly qualify someone as a filthy stinking rich elitist. :rolleyes:

I am definitely buying it.. The only problem that comes with it is.. I kinda need a new PC so ill be able to run it perfectly

Elite? lolz. Saving ten dollars a week for two years doesn't exactly qualify someone as a filthy stinking rich elitist. :rolleyes:

Well I don't have 1k lying around since the crisis started in 2008. Maybe easy if you live at your parents and don't have to pay piles of bills every month.

Then play on lower settings, I play A2 on my laptop. ;D

Well I don't have 1k lying around since the crisis started in 2008. Maybe easy if you live at your parents and don't have to pay piles of bills every month.

No one said anything about having 1k just lying around, and considering the average age on this forum, I doubt many people still live with their parents. :rolleyes:

Anyway, assuming you already have a monitor, hard drives, an optical drive and peripherals, you can easily build a system that will run Arma3 well for <500€. If you saved 10€ a week until next summer, similar to what perforator suggested, you could easily do that.

That's a lame excuse mate, we all have bills to pay, unless of course your a homeless begger that can't even scrape up enough change for a sandwich.

I will buy ArmA 3 in pre-sale (Box Version shiped from UK ), i really dont care about the future setting. I'm sure that this awesome comunity will come with mods with present day equipment, soldier's and great missions as aways.

We have more than one year to collect such money if needed to upgrade our pc's. If needed i will even stop drikng or buying other's stuffs to have the pleasure of playing a game i really enjoy.

That's a lame excuse mate, we all have bills to pay, unless of course your a homeless begger that can't even scrape up enough change for a sandwich.

Thats a lame answer. Since the crisis the dollar value has done down by 34%. If you earn money in dollars like me and then have to exchange it for Euro's (as I live in a Euro zone) your basically screwed. I did not cause the crisis you know. I work hard and get 34% less for it in return these days. So don't judge me.

Thats a lame answer. Since the crisis the dollar value has done down by 34%. If you earn money in dollars like me and then have to exchange it for Euro's (as I live in a Euro zone) your basically screwed. I did not cause the crisis you know. I work hard and get 34% less for it in return these days. So don't judge me.

Bootsy if you genuinely are experiencing such severe financial hardship that you cannot afford to save a lousy 10 dollars per week then please accept my humble apology, I hope your situation improves in the near future.

No one said anything about having 1k just lying around, and considering the average age on this forum, I doubt many people still live with their parents. :rolleyes:

Anyway, assuming you already have a monitor, hard drives, an optical drive and peripherals, you can easily build a system that will run Arma3 well for <500€. If you saved 10€ a week until next summer, similar to what perforator suggested, you could easily do that.

I tell you in the last 2 years, saving £10 a week like I always used to, just hasn't happened.

I can't guarentee I'll be in a position to buy a new PC for the next release, I always have done in the past...

But the chances are the next time will be different.

Assuming you needed minimum to run:

Video card: Radeon 5770

CPU: I5 2500k

Mobo: Gigabyte H61

Ram: 4 gigs G.Skill Ripjaws 1600

...and had everything else -you can get that now for under $450.00 US. (Newegg)

Thats not bad and will be even cheaper should you wait closer to release :)

Calling people sheep, comparing Arma3 to GRAW... not to put too fine a point on it, but don't feed the troll, guys.

Lol people do act like sheep, what do you think fanboys are ?

A lot of people in this forum have a sheep like mentality and BIS is their sheep herder, I'm not that type of person, I refuse to follow anything or anyone, thats why I don't believe in brand loyalty or dev loyalty.

BIS has a good track record but that doesn't mean that they can't F-up, Hell the first thing that came to mind when I first saw ArmA 3 was GRAW, And I don't think I was the only one because when I came to the forum people were compering A3 to GRAW (And so did my fiends).

Funny thing is I've seen all this before, I was called a troll over at the SOCOM:confrontation forums because I didn't go with the flow, I told them that the game was heading in the wrong direction and they all went nuts, long story short the game came out and the forum went from blind fanboy love to RAGE!! lol

Calling people sheep, comparing Arma3 to GRAW... not to put too fine a point on it, but don't feed the self satisfied troll, guys.

Corrected.

I don't know to be honest. My rig isn't good enough to run arma 2 and I'd really like to get a new one. But the best thing I can do in this situation is probably to wait until arma 3 gets released and buy a new computer.

But the best thing I can do in this situation is probably to wait until arma 3 gets released and buy a new computer.

Thats what everyone should be doing imo,

Pretty silly how quite a few people are already spending over £2000 for a pc to play a game thats not going to be out for another year.

depends if its only future equipment and if it becomes more COD than arma 2

Thats what everyone should be doing imo,

Pretty silly how quite a few people are already spending over £2000 for a pc to play a game thats not going to be out for another year.

Well, my PC is playing Arma 2 so poorly it has begun to be unacceptable for me, so that's the other reason I'm upgrading now rather than later.

Lol I feel sorry for the sheep that voted for "Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!", you guys are no different than the COD sheep.

I am one of those sheep. I go by track record. I have so far bought anything from Flashpoint, ARMA and ARMA 2, including all expansion and DLC. I just saw the company release a patch for their 10 year old game Flashpoint.

I see no reason not to buy ARMA 3 and everything related to it, simply for the fact that I haven't been disappointed in the past.

Plus, BIS doesn't charge 59 Euros for their games.

So feel free to feel sorry for me, while I am having fun :)

I'm one of those "sheep" too. We will see in one year, if you were right (I seriously doubt about it) I'll post a pic of me in a sheep uniform. If you were wrong, well i added your post in my "favorites" i will exhume it and call you "retard with 2 figures IQ". Fair enough ?