Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Will you buy ARMAIII?

Will you buy ARMA III?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy ARMA III?

• Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!
    • Yes I will!
    • I don't know I want to see more informations about It first
    • No!

I may consider buying it if it has interactive and realistic cockpits for all aircraft like Flight Simulator.

Otherwise... epic failure.

That's humorous, isn't it ?

I think I will buy it when it comes to my "district".

Otherwise, I do also wanna see some more stuff. Missionmaker for instance, how it works. More characters and more information about the gameplay.

That's humorous, isn't it ?

Maybe not.. it's the wrong section, he must post on the TOH section of this forum :D

If the weapons and vehicles are heavily influenced by science fiction then I am not interested.

If the map is smaller then Takistan I am not interested.

If the map is huge, with varied terrain, and the weapons and vehicles are model 2012 or earlier then I am interested.

-

The map is 2.4 x (size of) Takistan, everyone knows that dude!! Where you been, Wales? Too many sheep...:D

Edited by dale0404

So far I bought every game from the Bohemian Saga. Regarding ArmA III I will wait until it is prooved the game will be bugfree, especially editing/modding related bugs. So far a lot of hyped features for ArmA II were never completed or fixed so I don't care about the new hyped features.

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000% hell yeah I will ARMA is my life man its the best.

TBH I intend to purchase ALL BIS stuff even if it aint my type of game I want them to make games forever cus there the only company that cares tbh.

Right now I decided against buying ARMA3 but hopefully I can be convinced otherwise as more information is released.

Right now I decided against buying ARMA3 but hopefully I can be convinced otherwise as more information is released.

Can you explain why (in a coherent and polite manner please)?

as a ive played OFP since the demo, and every Bis game since, its a Yes from me

Can you explain why (in a coherent and polite manner please)?

I hope Magog doesn't mind me quoting him from another thread:

Personally I don't like it.

One thing that made ARMA different than dumbed down games like Battlefield and Call of Duty was the seriousness that it dedicated to its fans. ARMA brands itself as a mil-sim. In order to be a real military simulator, you need to simulate things that already exist in the world of military. There's nothing realistic about weapons or vehicles that don't even exist or aren't in the planning phase of coming to existence 10 years down the road, therefore ARMA 3 is essentially losing its simulation experience.

I think the series has taken a turn for the worse and has probably done that in order to attract more interest from the general gaming community. Sadly for those who went after realism and simulation, it only means we might have to look elsewhere in the future for a more appropriate product to buy.

There's a difference between fictional stories about warfare, within the realms and boundaries of real-world matters that have existed or continue to exist, and between a future setting that is going to use technology that is merely hypothetical and hence non-existent in our present reality.

Not only am I slightly bothered about what other non-existent weapons or vehicles ARMA3 developers have at hand, but I also find the storyline of ARMA3 cheesy in some sort of way.

Legislator;1957519']So far I bought every game from the Bohemian Saga. Regarding ArmA III I will wait until it is prooved the game will be bugfree' date=' especially editing/modding related bugs. So far a lot of hyped features for ArmA II were never completed or fixed so I don't care about the new hyped features.[/quote']

Same for me

I'm pre-ordering the retail version as soon as Amazon let me :)

Blasphemy, you must say: "I'm pre-ordering the retail version as soon as Sprocket let me :)"

I'm preordering the retail version as soon as BIS lets me. Most fans of Arma on the forums would agree with me.

The water honestly lookls like painted blue , they should fix it..

The water honestly lookls like painted blue , they should fix it..

In some places the sea is actually that blue, instead of the brownish soup we are used to where i live. :p

(Though in this case it could be a bit brighter to the shore, and darker in deeper areas)

(Though in this case it could be a bit brighter to the shore, and darker in deeper areas)

Exaclly, more realistic, they actually just painted it blue without any of this color diffrence..

They should also inplent a water transperant on shallow water like in crysis, that should be awesome.. (there will be underwater anyway so its not like it's unneeded).

I give the water texture a 2/10 ATM of what BIS can make it look like, they can do much better then that.

Edited by mikelt006

Its not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Also, water is already transparant in ArmA2, it looks pretty neat.

If it looked like that I wouldn't complain :), and the water is transparent on shores and beach shallow water..

If it looked like that I wouldn't complain :)

The color is pretty close to the color of the ArmA2 sea, and its pretty much the same color everywhere, like in ArmA2. I really dont see the problem.

and the water is transparent on shores and beach shallow water..

Yes i know, i dont know why you are telling me this.

Chances are this is just a case of new features in early progress, similar to how when early shots of OA were posted it had features A2 had but they seemed oddly...different and lacking at the time.

I won't be able to run it for some years. No point buying a high quality desktop while still in college, and I'll probably be overseas the year after that. Otherwise, I'm sure I could bring myself to pay full price for it.