Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 3, E3 Coverage (reveals)

seriously I just watched the videos and it's just arma 2 with some tweaks and maybe a little physx, I hope this is their pre alpha but if al their going to do is tweak the graphic a little add some physx and improve little more thing than I am not buying it, the drving is exaclly the same.. crap.. now you can just slam into some objects with physx.. haha , what a joke.. we in 2012 soon (when it should release) not 2002.

I just saw Arma 3 was announced a few days ago, and I got excited, not it's all gone.

seriously I just watched the videos and it's just arma 2 with some tweaks and maybe a little physx, I hope this is their pre alpha but if al their going to do is tweak the graphic a little add some physx and improve little more thing than I am not buying it, the drving is exaclly the same.. crap.. now you can just slam into some objects with physx.. haha , what a joke.. we in 2012 soon (when it should release) not 2002.

I just saw Arma 3 was announced a few days ago, and I got excited, not it's all gone.

It's in alpha, if not , in pre-alpha . What did you expect ? Plus did you not see the uderwater part ? Does that look like just a little physx to you ?

It's in alpha, if not , in pre-alpha . What did you expect ? Plus did you not see the uderwater part ? Does that look like just a little physx to you ?

Who cares about underwater, I prefer to see a realistic gameplay on ground , then we can move underwater..

Yeah in the last few videos of this demonstration he's been mentioning the physics haven't been tweaked to be true to life. The boxes are a big give away, plus the "jumping" man getting sniped lol. Hopefully more weight and such will be added, as everything is rather soft and floaty in their movements. Also he mentions optimization to allow longer view distances, hopefully that will remain more true for most at release.

Edited by Steakslim

Yeah I noticed there was no clipping which was a plus, but they might want to tighten up LOD or what ever determines collision because one point it looked like the M-ATV was still getting nudged a bit by the Namor though it wasn't exactly touching it, but I may just have to rewatch it when I get back (sudden food run with friend).

... the drving is exaclly the same.. crap.. now you can just slam into some objects with physx.. haha , what a joke.. we in 2012 soon (when it should release) not 2002.

yes sure, from seing a vehicle drive 5 meters you can definitely tell how good or bad the driving will feel ... iam completely with you

no iam not, and all you non stop complaining people make me f*cking sick :banghead:

Anything you guys are not happy with? Personally I noticed:

Plenty, but for once it's nice since the announcement to sit back and enjoy seeing changes rather than nit picking every last detail. Pointing things out is fine but there has to be a point where some joy should be there to appreciate something.

Just saw the gametrailer videos, when the car went up the box did anyone else suddenly think "Offroad assets..."?

Edited by NodUnit

I accually thought it looked good. Just look at the beginning with the HALO jump. The ground was really well done and detailed.

The ragdolls looked good(except for one) and maybe the guys with the grenade flew toooo much(I dont know exactly with grenades)

The underwater part looked awesome and I really look forward to sneak into harbours and stuff. I think that the island looked way more interesting than Chernarus did.

I hope that the campaign will be awesome.

now I just wait for what they do the action menus and the ai.

And as you can see its still an ARMA game.

well they are still working hard on PhysX and BIS surely still has some time. The current models you saw were not physically correct (weight etc) so expect better things! ;)

The ragdolls looked good(except for one) and maybe the guys with the grenade flew toooo much(I dont know exactly with grenades)

I agree, the ragdoll physics looked slick but the shock wave effect did look exaggerated for a standard frag grenade.

Diving is really cool, but it seems like an awful lot of effort for something that's going to be used in one campaign mission and then a few usermade scenarios. When have scuba divers ever participated in combat outside of CoD Black Ops-type situations? Will the system work well with the boats and surface AI so we can do some infiltrations and escapes? Will the new marine dimension be available in rivers and swamps on Lemnos?

They did say their was customizable gear and clothes. So i dont see why it wouldnt be implemented in MP missions.

Diving is really cool, but it seems like an awful lot of effort for something that's going to be used in one campaign mission and then a few usermade scenarios. When have scuba divers ever participated in combat outside of CoD Black Ops-type situations? Will the system work well with the boats and surface AI so we can do some infiltrations and escapes? Will the new marine dimension be available in rivers and swamps on Lemnos?

I'm thinking SEALs? They're known for doing those kinds of operations.

If you look at the GT videos you can see the scuba divers without their re-breathers . So yes you can switch from being a scuba diver to being a " foot solider" .

Now I wonder if you can use the re-breather without the wet suit . For example can you use it if your in your shorts and T-shirt ? Same thing goes for helmets and load bearing vests .

Edited by Maio

It is up to mission maker to creat epic underwater insertion mission, and if one developer thinks its a good idea, hell why not?

comparison between gameplay footage for 2 games due to release this year and a teaser trailer for a 3rd due to release 1 year after the first two. weird ;)

I was thinking about the other statistics than the total number of views Pufu. But yes, you probably shouldn't read to much into it in regards to accuracy.

Edited by sparks50

Interesting stats there, Mr. Sparks. Would it be reasonable to think that BIS is trying to lower that age bracket somewhat in order to bring more gamers into the fold? I guess that is the only way to go, since going for the elderly might not have the same yield. ;D

Can't wait to see an example of the new animations at work!

I wouldnt mind if the animations for running/sprinting with rifles remained the same.

Now I wonder if you can use the re-breather without the wet suit . For example can you use it if your in your shorts and T-shirt ? Same things goes for helmets and load bearing vests .

Yeah, I hope the customization extends to the editor. It would be awesome if you could give a load bearing vest to any unit as if it was a backpack, so you could, for example, slap a vest on a civilian unit and BAM - civilian militia or PMC guy.

Interesting stats there, Mr. Sparks. Would it be reasonable to think that BIS is trying to lower that age bracket somewhat in order to bring more gamers into the fold? I guess that is the only way to go, since going for the elderly might not have the same yield. ;D

Can't wait to see an example of the new animations at work!

Not worth the drop it takes, unless they are genuinley into military hardware and simulation you will likely have to make a mindless action game to appeal to 13- teens. Remember the general consensus of todays gamer is that if it beats them it is either A. retarded, B. too hard and then they C. ragequit more than become determined.