Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 3, E3 Coverage (reveals)

To those worried about the animations of the units looking exactly like those in ARMA2 and OA, then don't worry because that's what they are, but that is only temporary according to the devs in one of the videos.

So maybe a dev will answer this, but maybe not....

My question is can you just put in real weight values for physics? Or will it still not behave correctly? For example in the video at http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-arma-iii/716033 at 4:08 the collision between the APC and hunter looks off. Is that because of how the physics handle it with real weight values or is that because it lacks real weight values? Or is it something else? Please answer. :D

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Oh and BTW.... The improvements look great. :D

The values in the engine may not behave properly even if set to a real life setting and BIS are probably trying to compensate (all this is assumption though). Anyone remember what BIS did with grenades at launch which wasn't fixed until a few patches later where if I recall the 'weight' of the grenades was set so high that they would destroy a house by bouncing off of it.

Anyone remember what BIS did with grenades at launch which wasn't fixed until a few patches later where if I recall the 'weight' of the grenades was set so high that they would destroy a house by bouncing off of it.

Now that they have an actual physics simulation, presumably they will have more factors to tweak. Where before they could only make things super-heavy, now maybe they can affect elasticity and rigidity so grenades can be light but not bouncy.

This could be good for driving as well. If you notice, the ATV in OA has tires made of diamond that bounce perfectly off small bumps and ridges in the sand.

Now that they have an actual physics simulation, presumably they will have more factors to tweak. Where before they could only make things super-heavy, now maybe they can affect elasticity and rigidity so grenades can be light but not bouncy.

This could be good for driving as well. If you notice, the ATV in OA has tires made of diamond that bounce perfectly off small bumps and ridges in the sand.

Good thinking there. Perhaps vehicles will be somewhat more durable to collision with small objects.

Thanks for the E3 walk through. I am very impressed, the game is looking very nice. Water makes me thirsty it looks so good :)

I watched the walk-throughs at Gametrailers.com . Game already looks incredible. The physics makes a big difference.

There's a meme going around the internet (well, mostly at GiantBomb) where people dub this year's E3 trailers using Kanye West's song called Power. Apperently, that song can go with any trailer. So I decided to take the ArmA 3 teaser from this thread and I dubbed it with that song.

Here's the video to pass the time while waiting for ArmA3 and you decide if "Power goes with everything" or not. I also posted it over at GiantBomb, so hopefully it will give ArmA3 a tiny bit more exposure.:)

z7vBMVPsysc

Part of a joke. Kinda like the whole "guile theme goes with everything" gag on youtube.

Funny to see other Giantbomb people here. And yes, its goes with anything.

from what Ive read about this game it sounds as though its going to be quiet special, I missed out on the other arma games having stoped pc gaming a while ago due to upgrade rage, but maybe now is the time to start building a pc for games again.

Hi all

Just wanted to comment on El_MUERkO's excelent find of a new video in the press info thread lots to comment on there but we can only do so in other parts of the foume like this.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119218&page=5

First up lighting is much brighter in ArmA III and the sea colour more what you get in southern and mediteranian seas rather than the northern seas of OFP and ArmA I and ArmA II.

Will add more later once I watch more of it.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all

First up lighting is much brighter in ArmA III and the sea colour more what you get in southern and mediteranian seas rather than the northern seas of OFP and ArmA I and ArmA II.

Will add more later once I watch more of it.

Kind Regards walker

The sea still looks like crap. :)

The sea still looks like crap. :)

I'd like to see your crap then, it must be gorgeous.

:eek:

I'd like to see your crap then, it must be gorgeous.

:eek:

Am I the only one who thinks the sea looks bad ATM?

The sea looks good, it's the color that is ever so slightly over towards the neon blue toilet cleaner end of the scale.

I think the sea looks good. Of course that doesn't mean there is no room for improvement.

uhm where can i find this new video walker was talking about :confused:

uhm where can i find this new video walker was talking about :confused:

It's the old gamestar video . Check the confirmed features thread if you haven't seen it .