Sign in to follow this  
walker

ArmA III Website, video and new pictures

I agree with Kylania.

I'd rather look at stills from the game rather than some bodged together video that tells us nothing about the gameplay and sparks off all kinds of ridiculous threads.

I missed it the first time but isn't that little tank firing footage after the credits possibly real as in in-game? Its got the reticule action.

Edited by froggyluv

it's a mix of CGI (the helis, merkava and the hud ) and real life footage.

i don't understand the panties in the mix...i mean you ask for trailers, and when you get

a teaser, you all go down in flames. the game is early wip, over 1 year away...what are they suppose to show you, more than what you got from the new screens?

The tank firing - Rail gun?

Hey why not, but looking at the effect, IF it is an ingame shot then that would mean a new shader effect, with bending of light all sorts of things could be done not the least of which including heat distortion such as behind aircraft exhaust. Buut I wouldn't get too hopeful on that, pretty sure it was CG

i don't understand the panties in the mix...i mean you ask for trailers, and when you get

a teaser, you all go down in flames. the game is early wip, over 1 year away...what are they suppose to show you, more than what you got from the new screens?

What PuFu said +

It's ... a .... teaser ... trailer , not ... a ....gameplay.... trailer .

just imagine well made CGI sequences in the campaign, this will be so cool for sure!

finaly you will get an idea of the emotions and feelings of the characters and get realy familiar with them.

with the high quality of everything we saw till now in mind, iam sure BIS will give us a realy deep story with intense atmosphere, wich will be more intense than ever before - with the help of CGI sequences.

Hey why not, but looking at the effect, IF it is an ingame shot then that would mean a new shader effect, with bending of light all sorts of things could be done not the least of which including heat distortion such as behind aircraft exhaust. Buut I wouldn't get too hopeful on that, pretty sure it was CG

It is clearly not in-game, I don't even know why there's any discussion on this, I just meant it looks like the rail gun clue from the ARG may mean that tanks are using them.

Hmm, advanced innovative armor, modular active defense systems and .... high velocity rail weapons .... ?

This sounds like some creepy scenario and a mountain load of projects and secrets. I wanna see their feelings when a tank just rushes out of the cloud without a scratch ....

I like the concept. Keep it up BI!

Edited by CommanderYuri

It's E3. You expect to be able to show some videos to players. If this video attracts interest, then it's mission accomplished. I for one loved the screenshots. We'll see in-game footage sooner or later.

I was hoping they'd use modern stuff for A3. The teaser does look cool though.

Edited by Manzilla

Some of the equipment you are seeing is a bit older than you may think, more modern than some of our "modern" stuff in fact ;)

I wanna know how stoned was the guy who made this landscape storyboard

http://www.zing.cz/screenshoty/2625/arma-3/image-43905

Mountain -Climb

Beach - Relax

Viewpoint - Enjoy

Rocks - Hide

:idea:

This.

The teaser is a pure waste of money for BIS and maybe cool to look at for some kiddies and BF3 players. Arma 3 is about a war simulation and they should concentrate to show the potential of a sandbox like gameplay and show the engine or something and they should stop trying to look just like another ego war shooter a la battlefield.

It's the same waste of money like using real models for marketing screens. I wanted to discuss this subject in this thread I made but unfortunately it got deleted.

thought bis had a tradition of only showing ingame footage - I quite enjoyed that honesty and belief in their games.

CGI trailer looks ok for CGI, but if that was ingame footage it'd be mind blowing.

They seemed oddly keen on shadowing the comanche's MPD..

And what point would a thread about the teaser trailer serve other than for people to bitch about it.

Edited by NodUnit

It is 2011, not 2012. How can you wish an unfinished game show its in-game content?

So we can see it as it is now (and fill our curiosity/need to suggest or complain;)) and appreciate the future progress!

It is 2011, not 2012. How can you wish an unfinished game show its in-game content?

before Arma1 was released they showed the AH-1's cockpit much earlier, same with the apache cockpit. My comment was mainly a "Hmmm, anyone find this curious? Perhaps we should keep an eye on it"

Edited by NodUnit

I interpret the CGI teaser as concept artwork. IMO this is what they want the game to look like, but time will tell what it will actualy look like.

Thanks for the 30 seconds of free entertainment BIS!

At least it's trying something new even for a teaser, I like it. It's not as if all the ingame trailers in the past have been great anyway, BAF trailer was particularly lame, they'll need to come up with something a bit more exciting than that later on.......

Edited by Nads

Indeed. Remember that this game is not "Exclusive for BIS forum loiterers" but it needs to be sold to the masses as well.

Bring on the charlatans and yer gimmicks I say!

Dudes, its a TEASER not a trailer. Its ok for me if they use CGI in such a Teaser.

But BIS; please don't do that when making a real Trailer. I really enjoyed the Arma 2 Trailers, you watched them with amazement, because you knew that this is what Arma 2 is going to look like when you have enough cash to build up a monster rig

Total opposite. Imo the teaser just shows that you are in need to improvise in messy situations like the no-effect hit on the tank and forced to use much more tactics and strategy to survive the field. I think this is exactly the thing we wanted to see and in addition a very good impulse for any other gamer to pay full attention on this. I actually do expect a "lot" of people to play this after release. The first real reveal will be jaw-breaking.