Sign in to follow this  
rmarduk

Why should I buy your game ?

convince me that i should buy your game to.

No you

But this is about ArmA3.

point taken. i've updated the 2 to a 3. picky picky

I didn't wanted to start a war Battlefield 3 vs Arma 3. And there are many aggresive answers here. I just wanted to show why does arma is unknown. I know anly 1 person that said that he played Arma 2. Arma is a title that is unknown and it is for shure lack of commercial. Please look at Battlefield 3. There are thousand and thousand of people waiting for this game. Why ? Because they know how to sell it. Answers that i readed here like because it is a good game or because it is made by this company are just funny. This game will never be well known, and sell like Battlefield unles they will do something with this title. You could have the best game in the world and it wont sell alone. I was just suprised when I saw Arma 3 screens because no one knew about this game and now suddenly such a probably good title will come out.

I didn't wanted to start a war Battlefield 3 vs Arma 3. And there are many aggresive answers here. I just wanted to show why does arma is unknown. I know anly 1 person that said that he played Arma 2. Arma is a title that is unknown and it is for shure lack of commercial. Please look at Battlefield 3. There are thousand and thousand of people waiting for this game. Why ? Because they know how to sell it. Answers that i readed here like because it is a good game or because it is made by this company are just funny. This game will never be well known, and sell like Battlefield unles they will do something with this title. You could have the best game in the world and it wont sell alone. I was just suprised when I saw Arma 3 screens because no one knew about this game and now suddenly such a probably good title will come out.

Lot's of people know about ArmA series, my bad. And ArmA3 will only be out in ONE YEAR.

Just go on youtube and filter Arma 2. Try to find a more recent video as that will be the latest and up to date.

rmarduk, your slightly wrong with your assumptions there mate.

The Arma series (from OFP through to Arma 2 OA) is a niche market type of game. Arma is not your run of the mill FPS. These games are as real as you can get (so far) in a mil sim game. If people play COD / BF etc and think Arma will be the same they will get very frustrated very quickly unless they adapt their gameplay.

Some cannot do that.

ArmA3 will still be played when BF3 is long gone. It's like comparing a fine restaurant with McDonalds. One for quality you can always fall back to, one for quick fun.

Because they know how to sell it. ...

well you also need to take into account that the game you refer to (BF3 and the likes) are also cross platform. so it'll no doubt spread like gastro in a bathhouse.

Lol, you do realize you've also just answered the question BF3 vs MW3?

They always say how realistic one game is and how the other game's so much more realistic. Oh, the fun.

Also, check to see if we're being trolled. Getting some fear, doubt and skepticism doesn't really seem like a normal post. Or am I wrong? :confused:

Well, I'm just saying that there's a huge diffrence between BF3 an Arma 3. I didn't say anything about MW3, because no matter what people say, they are still similair games. Eventough one might be a bit more realistic then the other, its still nothing like Arma.

ODEN;1941519']It does not sound like that you've been into sim-games before.

Stay with BF3 a few more years' date=' please.[/quote']

No shit... I sorry but this... "Convince me to buy this game" is now...

'The Most Stupid Question Repeatedly Asked'

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

TVT is all the PVP game modes without the two mentioned game modes. PVP is the right thing to say in all cases except where you need to make absolutely sure that you in no way imply even the possibility of deathmatch and flag fight being included in your context, and as such, TVT is quite a redundant term, a bit like continental Australia.

PvP is the term for covering all human vs human game types/modes.

Human vs AI = Coop

Human vs Human = PvP

... I was going to argue TvT's relevance but the more I thought about what

it covered the more I realized it could only be another sub title under PvP to

cover 'team vs team only' PvP... so really it is redundant.

That or PvP becomes redundant because now it only covers deathmatches

and flag fights... but that aint going to happen.

Plus considering the amount of PvP types/modes... a cull would be good...

* More traditional / common ArmA 2 game modes.

A&D - Attack and Defend

AAS - Advance and Secure

C&H - Capture and Hold

CTF - Capture the Flag

CTI - Capture the Island (Warfare)

CO - Cooperative (only AI opponents)

DM - Death Match

FF - Flag Fight

PvP - Player vs. Player (title that covers all PvP modes)

RPG - Role Playing Game

SC - Sector Control

TDM - Team Death Match

TvT - Team vs. Team

*Exotic or less common game modes.

AnS - Combination of AAS and A&D

C&K - Capture and Kill

COMBI - Combination of C&H and CTF

CTB - Capture the Base

E&E - Escape & Evasion

HUNT - Hunting (Player vs. Creature)

KOTH - King of the Hill

MISC - Miscellaneous (genres not fitting in any category)

OBJ - Objective (co-op style objectives with PvP element)

RC - Race

RTS - Real Time Strategy

TFF - Team Flag Fight

TRNG - Training Missions

VIP - VIP Protection/Assassination (Team vs. Team / Team vs. Player)

Edited by 76

No one can know the answer to these questions.

We can't talk you into buying a game no one has played yet.

Bohemia Interative could turn Arma 3 into Ghost Recon 2 and utterly ruin the franchise.

EA could release Battlefield 3 and it be the premier tactical simulation standard for the future.

Both scenarios are unlikely. Both games are likely to be enjoyable. BI will always have my heart though. Long live ARMA!

)rStrangelove;1942307']ArmA3 will still be played when BF3 is long gone. It's like comparing a fine restaurant with McDonalds. One for quality you can always fall back to' date=' one for quick fun.[/quote']

Actually thats a good analogy DrStrangelove.

To expand a little;

-ArmA2/3 - hard to find, acquired taste, odd menu at times, not fast to get served, focused on a quality journey, not a fast result, old & odd finicky clientell

- MW / BF series - quick and cheap, for the masses, simple menu, no need to search out extra content, service centers everywhere, aimed at being fun, instant gratification

...Please convince me that i should buy your game... Did anyone asked this question to them selves to ?

yes i have, but i haven't spoken to myself since asking the question. i'm still waiting for a reply.

i'll get back to you when i run into myself later in the week. usually about Friday.

I know anly 1 person that said that he played Arma 2.

And I know at least 10 that currently play ArmA 2. We don't all live in one big global utopian community. Like with anything, there are niche communities, and sometimes it's better if they don't associate with wider communities.

Why should we waste our time answering a smartass question like that? You think your better then everyone and that BIS has something to PROVE to you? You think your entitled to an answer? Fine I'll give you an answer. The answer is BIS doesnt care if YOU buy there game or not. Because you will probably be one to nitpick at everything in the game when honestly Arma is the best game out there. So go buy your BFBC 3 and see who gives a shit...

The decision might be made for you - when the demo comes out, test whether or not your computer can run it. Part of the popularity calculation has something to do with perceived performance vis-a-vis other "comparable" games.

Aside from that, these games are flat-out fun! (Hell, reading through forum posts is fun. How did that happen??)

I'm surprised this thread has been up for this long.

These questions cannot be answered by anyone here.

The question is easy. I'm a normal customer. I'm going to buy Battlefield 3. Please convince me that i should buy your game to. Thousands of players are waiting for Battlefield and they will spend their money on it, that why I'm asking this simple question. Why is your game much bether than all the other games and I should not buy them but Arma 3. Did anyone asked this question to them selves to ?

dunno if this has been said but for the fun of it, you should buy this game because its not a console port unlike bf3

Lets not derail this thread.

All i can say is "wait and see" because i have heard it all before from EA and other companies saying there games are not a console port when infact they are.

It costs far too much money to develope two games in paralel for diferent platforms using two complete different teams.

Therefore, one must also suspect that Arma2 is a console port :D

Even though the console version (xbox360 without doubt) was eventually cancelled without a word of explanation, for the longest time Arma2 was going to be released for "PC and next generation console" according to bistudio.com and arma2.com.

For the OP. Honestly, I think you will have more fun saving your money for BF3 DLC. Arma is a much more simulator-like take on a FPS war game than BF, but lacks its polish and game design. Making it not the best product for a "normal customer" as you describe yourself.

Edited by Pulverizer
added something on topic

Why should we waste our time answering a smartass question like that? You think your better then everyone and that BIS has something to PROVE to you? You think your entitled to an answer? Fine I'll give you an answer. The answer is BIS doesnt care if YOU buy there game or not. Because you will probably be one to nitpick at everything in the game when honestly Arma is the best game out there. So go buy your BFBC 3 and see who gives a shit...

Actually, it's just BF3. It's clearly NOT BFBC. Just saying... And don't prejudge the OP. Who's to say he/she won't decide on ArmA 3 and absolutely love it?

The question is easy. I'm a normal customer. I'm going to buy Battlefield 3. Please convince me that i should buy your game to. Thousands of players are waiting for Battlefield and they will spend their money on it, that why I'm asking this simple question. Why is your game much bether than all the other games and I should not buy them but Arma 3. Did anyone asked this question to them selves to ?

Back on topic: Hopefully this thread is closed soon as it serves no purpose anymore. As MANY ppl have already said, basically it depends on your preferences. You prefer slow, tactical gameplay of a simulator or fast, more arcade-ish gameplay of a typical FPS? You can like both. You can buy both. Or you can buy just one. Both will have really cool stuff. Although, if ArmA 3 has an animation system as good as BF3 and has good CQB support, then I'd say ArmA 3 all the way (that would be the most awesome game ever). But it's your choice. Hope you make what choice is best for you.

Edited by antoineflemming

There's a thing call "demo version". It could give you an answer based on experience when you play it, and then talk about qualifed or not; it is accurate more than other people's words. It only cost downloading time.

Ok, first of all, you shouldn't compare Battlefield with Arma, they are two completely diffrent games. Battlefield is a fun, action packed, hollywood experience with competative multiplayer. Arma is a hardcore, openworld, milsim experience...

I noticed you left out "fun" there :eek:

;)

Didn't had patience to read through 8 pages but cmon, can't You really give one good simple answer? First 2-3 pages were dissapointing.

There's many people who are asking this stuff themselfes, is this game any good? If so, why? Because MW2 looked cool in the videos too...

I'll tell You why.

Because You buy one game for, well, let's say 50 $. And then You have big open world, a map in which You can operate freely, ride any vehicle You want, shoot any gun You find. You can make new missions and there's new FREE addons coming out every single month, giving You a chance to fight as a new unit (for example English, Danish, French, German, etc), new guns and stuff. There's no other game in which You can try so many different military equipment, there's no other game that offers You that much freedom. There's no other game that let's You feel like a real soldier.

You can do whatever You want with editor, and people do produce new missions, campaigns, full mods.

You buy a game once, then You get access to free, community-created content which could fill 20 other different games. All of this with single payment, not unlike CoD or BF3, where You have to pay to use a new gun or get 4 or 5 remade maps.

However the game has it's flows, it's unique. If You're into something longer, and a real "community" feel, You'll love ArmA 3.

The developers support their game, it's been 2 years since ArmA 2 came out and there's still patches and love for this game. People still support it. Can't say the same about Call of Duty, or other modern games, and I wish You and me it wouldn't happen to BF3.

^BIS should quote this on their ArmA 3 page :P

Cheers.

(shame on You, BIS supporters, that's NOT how You convince the guy to support your favourite developer, "nubs" :P)

oh, and btw, as always, a little advertisement :P gameplay videos by my team.

PS: Thx Tankbuster :)

Edited by JonPL