Sign in to follow this  
rmarduk

Why should I buy your game ?

The question is easy. I'm a normal customer. I'm going to buy Battlefield 3. Please convince me that i should buy your game to. Thousands of players are waiting for Battlefield and they will spend their money on it, that why I'm asking this simple question. Why is your game much bether than all the other games and I should not buy them but Arma 3. Did anyone asked this question to them selves to ?

The question is easy. I'm a normal customer. I'm going to buy Battlefield 3. Please convince me that i should buy your game to. Thousands of players are waiting for Battlefield and they will spend their money on it, that why I'm asking this simple question. Why is your game much bether than all the other games and I should not buy them but Arma 3. Did anyone asked this question to them selves to ?

Buy it if you think you'll like it. Honestly, how can someone give you any other answer? It's not like you're only allowed to buy one, single FPS game.

If reviews and videos of Arma 2 don't make you want the game, it might be better that you only get BF3 for which you don't need convincing.

Edited by Celery

Because it's made by BIS. :cool:

You should by it to [sic], because it is much bether [sic] than Battlefield 3. I don't know how many people asked them selves [sic] if they should buy it, I know I certainly didn't.

Because in it´s league, it´s the ONLY game out there. Simply the only and single one: BI has no competition in this field, for better or for worse.

The question isn´t "how good is this game" but "are you into this game".

Can only decide for yourself. I am into this game. Are you?

"Better" is a purely subjective term that doesn't even really apply here, because the Arma series isn't directly competing with BF, COD or the like. Arma3 is different in that it is more open and slower paced than those games, with the main focus on realism instead of action. That's not to say that it's 100% uber realistic, but it comes closer that most other games.

Some people like that, some don't. You'll find that most of us do, but no one here can tell you if you will too.

It does not sound like that you've been into sim-games before.

Stay with BF3 a few more years, please.

If you're looking for the best combined arms simulators, you'll like BIS' games. If you're looking for the next Call of Duty, or Battlefield in this case, you won't.

ArmA 2 OA vids but is there teamwork like this in BF, can you do anything like this in BF

Three vids by the same guy, watch them and you will see why ArmA is better than BF

Edited by ArmAriffic

OFP\ARMA\ARMA2\ARMA3 contains Campaigns\Missions\PVP\TVT\DM\COOP\CTI and many gamemodes.

Because it always has editor and MOD tools.

PVP\TVT\DM

PVP and TVT are exactly the same thing with the exception of questionable usefulness that TVT excludes deathmatch and flag fight. It's like saying money/cash/check. :p

Edited by Celery

PVP and TVT are exactly the same thing with the exception of questionable usefulness that TVT excludes deathmatch and flag fight.

Good thing you took the time to point that out. Can you believe that just five minutes ago, no one gave a shit?

(Sorry, I kid. :D)

EDIT: Looking back, I guess my snarky commend was warranted after all...

Edited by MadDogX

Because

1) BIS games are the best

2) We love simulations

3) We love Operation Flashpoint

4) We want to support BIS

5) No other game will give you so much freedom to play or mod

6) BIS games look awesome

(and next thread is abou buying new hardware) ;)

No, they are not. PvP does not imply TvT. PvP is the "main" gamemode.

TVT is all the PVP game modes without the two mentioned game modes. PVP is the right thing to say in all cases except where you need to make absolutely sure that you in no way imply even the possibility of deathmatch and flag fight being included in your context, and as such, TVT is quite a redundant term, a bit like continental Australia.

Hardly worth splitting hairs over two names for the same thing if it is all but absent in practice.

semantics

Welcome to the internet, where discussions go off on a tangent because someone dared put a slash between two arguably equivalent terms.

Please convince me that i should buy your game to.

a good question to ask. although spend some time looking through the forums to see for yourself what you can do with the current A2 game. Also check out what the community has been bringing to the armaverse. Armaholic is a good pace to start.

After playing all BF's up to BF2 Vietnam, no one ever convinced me to give BF3 a chance. But then again, I never begged on their forums, instead I used my own knowledge of the game.

Ease up guys, I like to think I could ask for some honest opinions before buying a game.

Why should I buy your game ?

To see if you like it. You can always take it back. But it is different to every other military game out there, you won't find any "clones" of Arma. You also get out of it what you put in. If you've got the patience to play around with the editor, download some user made content and missions, or even join a multiplayer squad, Arma will blow you away.

Be warned though, Arma isn't a fast food game. If you just want to spend 10 minutes killing some time, you wont see an Arma game's full potential.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised this is in the Arma 3 section. The same should still apply, but it's really anyone's guess. :p

Edited by Daniel