Sign in to follow this  
Rg

Zombie/Infected [DLC] How much interest?

Zombie/Infected [DLC] How much interest?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Zombie/Infected [DLC] How much interest?

• Would pay a base $10 (PMC-like DLC) = [Basic AI + Limited Content + Small Campaign + Small Map]
    • Would pay as HIGH as $20 (2xDLC) = [Advanced AI + Increased Content + Large Campaign + Large Map]
    • Would pay as HIGH as $30 (1xEXP) = [Advanced AI + Increased Content + Large Campaign + Large Map]
    • Skip a DLC/EXP testing period and attempt a FULL $50 GAME
    • Don't attempt anything (Zombie/Infected) related

Mods are fine and hopefully a better melee attack will eventually come supporting this.

And if those with the ability to actually alter the engine never step outside the medium/long range setting it can already do how/why would such a thing ever be added? Though really when virus infected zombies roam the earth you better have a gun and look after your ammo, if you have to hand-to-hand it you're going to end up dead.

Hehe, I agree, I'd rather have a gun :)

But the appeal (to me at least) of the Zombie flick has always been about shite breakin down. Meaning, you may start off with a fully fortified electrical fence, mined army compound -but they always get thru and it always comes down to a mad scramble for survival when they get past your ranged and/or your outta bullets. Watching people shoot zombies really ain't that thrilling (although was for a bit in 28), it's what you need to do afterwards.

And I agree - I hope to God and will buy you a beer the day they (devs) go outside their comfort zone and enact proper house clearing ala Swat 4. That would surely support Zombie-heads :D

I don't see why the argument that it's too unrealistic should stop something crazy from being made. After all, no one complains when a server has a deathmatch up where you fly around in camels, so it really makes no sense to complain over the validity of this. As for it being canon, it's sort of silly and childish to argue on something being canon is a military simulator. I doubt most people play the ARMA series for its story, as that's definitely not what usually draws people to play it.

I'm all for a zombie based DLC, since the fact that it's a DLC (I hope) wouldn't take away the development team's time for making any new games. This is, of course, counting that BIS has different teams working on the games they're making which is normally how things are done in companies like this.

Zombie horde mode for arma 3= awesomeface

IDK modders could make this but if BIS did make it a DLC I would see myself buying it anyways to support their awesome work.

just make animation and anything else that related to zombie from BIS, and let comunitty do the rest ( mod ).

Well, its interesting because I just saw a video and I liked the gameplay, before that, I never paid attention to that mod. Also, I was waiting for the game Dead Island, then I saw some gameplay videos and say WTF IS THIS? I though it was going to be a more serious and suvival game, but then, some heatlh bars and points popping up from the zombies, and crafting for weird weapons like electric swords WTF is this shit?

I dont like L4D with hundreds of zombies runing and you shooting like crazy everywhere, cod zombie mods are ok for me, but the maps are small and closed, and there is no suprises, because you know when they come and from where they come.

I know the commuty has done a great job making zombies for ArmA, but, if for some crazy reason BIS release a Zombie mod campaing, I will pay dor that!

Well, I would love to see BIS attempt to make a zombie game or an expansion pack. Why? Because I'm the kind of player who likes playing the "underdog", no matter what the setting. Missions where I'm up against a superior enemy, fighting for survival, are my cup of tea. In my opinion, that's what made OFP:Resistance great. My ideal zombie game would also be like that.

The problem with today's zombie games is that they're mostly about slaughtering massive hordes of infected using assault rifles, machine guns and chainsaws without batting an eyelid. I play L4D2 because it gives me my zombie fix, but it doesn't really feel like a game of survival.

If BIS, or anyone, made an open world zombie apocalypse game where you're scavenging for supplies and ammo and actually have to fight for survival, I would buy that shit five times over. :)

voted no, but then remembered how much fun it was in arma1 playing coop against zombies :eek:

The only thing I dislike more than a heated needle under my fingernails or a paper cut on my tongue is anything at all zombie related. :)

The only thing I dislike more than a heated needle under my fingernails or a paper cut on my tongue is anything at all zombie related. :)

Yes, but that's exactly why we must kill them all! :D

As long as Bill Murray doesn't get killed again, I'm ok with it.

:icon_biggrin: was a funny movie.

Honestly, I'll definitely not buying a dlc for a zombie mod...

:icon_biggrin: was a funny movie.

Honestly, I'll definitely not buying a dlc for a zombie mod...

Neither would i. That's a task for addon makers.

First - we have a mod of that already.

For every BIS game.

Since OFP.

Second - BIS time should be spent on improving the base game which is about bringing a realistic war experience on the PC near you

And third - zombies are banal and overused.

no, arma is a game about warfare. not zombie's. its not worth the time and effort that can be spend on the improvement of the actual game.

take Read Dead Redemption for example, that game was awsome. however the replay vallue is low. you'd figure if they make an expansion they would stick with the awsome western action. but nooo they have to make some kind of stupid zombie mode.

zombie gametypes are overdone and boring.

No, BI should focus on military dlc, there are going to be mods for this, have you not heard of the Undead Mod for arma 2 sir?

If it was a realistic zombie thing, that would be cool.

you are a soldier and you have to respond, co-op games would be good where u have to contain the infection etc,

but all they would really need is a few zombie models (there was some on arma1) and the community could make anything.

but all they would really need is a few zombie models (there was some on arma1) and the community could make anything.

As long as there are appropriate looking camo faces, pretty much any unit can be zombified. In vanilla Arma 2 the biggest obstacle is the civilian AI, so the unit choices are limited to non-civvies.

Edited by Celery

As long as there are appropriate looking camo faces

there we go then, can do with without mods for free anyway.

i remember the mission for arma 1 where you had to make it to cayo, and if u were infected u could jump and stuff - that was cool.

I don't care if there is a DLC for zombies, but I would rather not have it or leave it to the modding community. The last thing I want to hear is "OMG I am going to get A3 for ZOMBIES!!! Do you want to play zombies with me in ARMA3?!"

That's the day the ArmA series' reputation goes down the drain.

Leave it to CoD to cater to the children and ArmA to cater to the mature military-sim community.

These were nearly the same exact words that went through my mind upon reading this thread title.

The last thing I want is for the ArmA franchise to be associated with such an arcady feature. This is a MilSim and it should eb treated as such. BI is using some creativity and a bit of artistic liscence with the new setting, weapons, and vehicles. However, I would hate to see them ruin their reputation by catering to the braindead masses with such a feature.

Zombies are for Left 4 Dead and Cal of Duty. NOT ArmA III!

No, BI should focus on military dlc, there are going to be mods for this, have you not heard of the Undead Mod for arma 2 sir?

Jep ! NO ZOMBIES FOR ARMA3 !!!!!!!

knew it woudln't be long till someone started a Z thread..

Zombies are for Left 4 Dead and Cal of Duty. NOT ArmA III!
Jep ! NO ZOMBIES FOR ARMA3 !!!!!!!

Why can't zombies exist in the Arma series? It's a completely different gameplay environment compared to CoD and L4D, so naturally the missions will be different from them as well. Currently there is no game devoted to open-ended zombie survival or more spacious missions with realistic weapons, but Arma does it quite well.

I don't think anyone is against zombies existing in the armaverse via mods -that would be quite stupid. But asking for an official DLC is a bit much for a novelty-niche fanbase.

Hell, I'd like Mount and Blade in a wide open world as well but thats my twitch. The next guy might want a wide open The Sims (yep, freaky) -point is we can't go on asking or demanding for such a wild turn of the genre into niche areas or there'd literally be thousands of requests.

ArmA2 SP = so much NO FUN !

ArmA2 Zombie SP (Celery, Namalsk) = great fun !

The PMC DLC was so bad, cant describe it...

I would pay that money for the Namalsk Crisis campaign, but not for this PMC wannabe crap.