Sign in to follow this  
Damu

Pre-announcement ARG answers to questions discussion

let's discuss this further:

from the existing ones, i would drop the following:

"Is or was the final image of the 4 combined logic gated arma 2 screenshots a REAL photo from real life?" - Sothis

"Were we supposed to gain access the P8h8.info FTP server?" - -Puma-

the first one - the answer is YES (see Damu post about it)

Regarding that photo question, I think that it should read 'Is that picture uncovered by XOR combining a doctored photo?' or alternately '..an ingame shot?' I think it's obvious it isn't a pure photo considering it has the Kamok flying around in there. It's either photoshopped, a render, or an ingame shot.

Could someone please add this question:

If the Astute submarine is included, will it be controlable/drivable by the player?

This question could then be dropped

"Will the Astute class nuclear submarine be included?" - Babylonjoke

So folks, do you think it's time we decide on the 20 questions to send off to Damu? If so, do you want the poll results that PuFu set up to decide which questions, do you want me to choose them, or do you want to do it some other way?

So folks, do you think it's time we decide on the 20 questions to send off to Damu? If so, do you want the poll results that PuFu set up to decide which questions, do you want me to choose them, or do you want to do it some other way?

I agree with poll result and Tonci87's suggestion seems better.

Could someone please add this question:
If the Astute submarine is included, will it be controlable/drivable by the player?
"Will the Astute class nuclear submarine be included?" - Babylonjoke

This question could then be dropped

Time already expired. Finish it. :)

Countdown: 1hour left! Anyone have any objections??

Edited by BoboCZ

I've updated the submarine question using Tonci87's suggestion on the wiki.

I would say: Zipper5, pick your favorite 20 from the questions list, sort them as you see fit and send them off. :)

Regarding that photo question, I think that it should read 'Is that picture uncovered by XOR combining a doctored photo?' or alternately '..an ingame shot?' I think it's obvious it isn't a pure photo considering it has the Kamok flying around in there. It's either photoshopped, a render, or an ingame shot.

read this

Maybe we could play another game. How many things do you think are photoshopped?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1933798&postcount=38

I would say: Zipper5, pick your favorite 20 from the questions list, sort them as you see fit and send them off. :)

either way really

We have 22 questions, so two need to be dropped.

I think it would be best to drop the railgun question-> BIS wouldn´t answer anyway on that, that would spoil the campaign.

And the P8h8.info FTP server -> I don´t think we were supposed to hack it. And its meaningless now.

We have 22 questions, so two need to be dropped.

I think it would be best to drop the railgun question-> BIS wouldn´t answer anyway on that, that would spoil the campaign.

And the P8h8.info FTP server -> I don´t think we were supposed to hack it. And its meaningless now.

I can easily sacrifice my question to my favourite :p "Rail-gun" one. Maybe we can omit part about plot and then devs should willing to share some secrets.

Now, my new favourite "improved" question:

"Will be Railguns and Laser guns in Arma3?" ;)

But I give anybody authority to just finally finish it (choose whatever you want :) ).

Edited by BoboCZ

I say Zipper should go ahead and pick his favorites. :)

I can easily sacrifice my question to my favourite :p "Rail-gun" one. Maybe we can omit part about plot and then devs should willing to share some secrets.

Now, my new favourite "improved" question:

But I give anybody authority to just finally finish it (choose whatever you want :) ).

What kind of lasers? death star like one? or laser pointers? or IR lasers?

If BI say NO to the rail gun so there is a other boobsday machine on the island. IF "Yes" there is the reason to fight and if they do not answer its like a "Yes" for me "no answer because related to the plot".

will we see ragdoll physics in arma iii?

sorry if this was already asked, I didnt read the whole topic

will we see ragdoll physics in arma iii?

sorry if this was already asked, I didnt read the whole topic

The questions should be ARG related and I also assume no more questions will be added as the deadline has been passed.

Btw, +1 that Zipper choses the 15 best questions. It was after all his idea :)

I say Zipper should go ahead and pick his favorites. :)
Btw, +1 that Zipper choses the 15 best questions. It was after all his idea :)

Alright then, will do. :)

Wait, he has to pick the 20 best questions, BIS will then drop another 5

1st post fail, read OP.

What is the OP. Seriously, abbreviations don't help at all.

What is the OP. Seriously, abbreviations don't help at all.

"Original post", i.e. the first post of the thread.

And as in any thread, it makes sense to read at least that one first that before you start yapping. ;)

As a modder, I am curious to these yes\/no questions, I understand there is a limit of one per, however these are all closely related.

1) Will we continue to use SQF to code missions?

2) Will there be native database support? (One of the BIG things we as modders need, to save information for large RPG missions; if yes you can count on me being an early adopter of Arma III)

3) Will there be better sound control (Action to start sound, action to stop sound; when stopped it should stop immediately without finding a half-a workaround)?

4) Will there be a way to see when an action/key is pressed/held/released from within a script (I made a vehicle turbo script, which works under the current system)?

As a modder, I am curious to these yes\/no questions, I understand there is a limit of one per, however these are all closely related.

1) Will we continue to use SQF to code missions?

2) Will there be native database support? (One of the BIG things we as modders need, to save information for large RPG missions; if yes you can count on me being an early adopter of Arma III)

3) Will there be better sound control (Action to start sound, action to stop sound; when stopped it should stop immediately without finding a half-a workaround)?

4) Will there be a way to see when an action/key is pressed/held/released from within a script (I made a vehicle turbo script, which works under the current system)?

You're too late. Note only are none of those questions related to the ARG, but Zipper is already choosing from the existing list of questions.

Oh well, I've posted them on the new Arma 3 feature request dev-heaven thing.

Thank you, guys. Got the questions. Let me go through them in spare time.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Here are the answers. I'm sorry I can't answer story or technology questions. Partly because I don't want to spoil and also many things are not finished or final yet. They can change easily.

1. "Does the map which was burried (first Hack) show a plan to invade Europe? " - ScratcH1

Yes

2. "The hackers often used chinese characters. Will chinese forces appear in Arma3?" - sweguy96

Spoiler

3. "Since the first two hints directly pointed at the ChdKZ will they play a role/be of any importance in Arma 3?" - Tonci87

Spoiler

4. "Since the hackers were persian, will persian forces appear in Arma3?" - [GR]Operative

Spoiler

5. "Were screen caps of in game physics used as an aid to create the ASCII animation of the ball hitting the wall? " - Trauma.au

No

6. "Did we find and solve all the clues in the ARG?" - Ben_S, Glowbal

Yes

7. "Have (Monday May 9th) forum's posts deeper meaning (hint something) why they were posted in 14 specific threads?" - BoboCZ

No

8. "Did the contents of the files during the "Monday, May 9th 2011, 12:00 CEST" hack have any deeper meanings than the ones that we noticed?" - bobtom

No, only the Greece

9. "Did you have to change the plans for the ARG in any way becasue of Nvidias little mishap with the arma3.exe?" - Bullet_Purveyor

No

10. "The codes found on the RL map: 97 NAV, 91 NAV, 17 AB etc. Are they related to fictional military units?" - dale0404

Spoiler

11. "Is the political situation in ArmA 3 accurate to the map found in the first hint? " - Hamm

Spoiler

12. "Considering the ASCII animation we saw showing a ball smashing a wall, is BIS planning to add more complex destruction physics to buildings in Arma3?" - MadDogX, Sergeantshizzle, the_antipop

No

13. "Is the quote "The world will change" related to new terrain technology?" - neokika

No

14. "Were we supposed to use the tools located next to TimeSeeker/ directory: BrainCrypter/, DocGuard/, MassConfuser/, MindControl/, MissileGuide/, TimeBorer/ ?" - Przemek_kondor

No

15. "The ARG mentioned Spukayev... does this mean that ArmA 3 is a continuation of the ArmA 2 tale?" - RangerPL

Yes, we stay in Armaverse

16. "Was there some hidden code on the map found in the first hack?" - PBishop

Not directly for ARG

17. "Is there a direct relation between the results found by seeker.exe, especially between Miller's birth date and the rest of those?" - PuFu

No

18. "Were we supposed to gain access the P8h8.info FTP server?" - -Puma-

No

19. "Is or was the final image of the 4 combined logic gated arma 2 screenshots a REAL photo from real life?" - Sothis

Yes, the basis is real

20. "If the Astute submarine is included, will it be controlable/drivable by the player?" - Babylonjoke, Tonci87

Hard to tell, we don't know yet

So at least we know we found all the clues. :)

is this theplace to askquestions?? if so heres mine:

Will the F/A-18 Hornet be in the game?