Pre-announcement ARG answers to questions discussion

I agree with you on that.

Edited by BoboCZ

Perhaps a rephrase (or whatever) for this question:

"Did we find all the clues in the ARG?" - Ben_S, Glowbal

To this:

"Did we find and solve all the clues in the ARG?" - Ben_S, Glowbal
?

Okay. That just leaves us with the task of making sure we are left with 20 questions by then. The current list is as follows:

• "Is Scott Miller British?" - AussieTerry84
  • "Will the Astute class nuclear submarine be included?" - Babylonjoke
  • "Did we find all the clues in the ARG?" - Ben_S, Glowbal
  • "Have (Monday May 9th) forum's posts deeper meaning(hint something) why they were posted in 14 specific threads?" - BoboCZ
  • "Did the contents of the files during the "Monday, May 9th 2011, 12:00 CEST" hack have any deeper meanings than the ones that we noticed?" - bobtom
  • "Did you have to change the plans for the ARG in any way becasue of Nvidias little mishap with the arma3.exe?" - Bullet_Purveyor
  • "The codes found on the RL map: 97 NAV, 91 NAV, 17 AB etc. Are they related to fictional military units?" - dale0404
  • "Is the political situation in ArmA 3 accurate to the map found in the first hint? " - Hamm
  • "In regards to china being mentioned in the ARG... is the "bad" ending of PMC canonical?" - InstaGoat
  • "Is there a chance, that the 'community' can play a role in this ARG story and will this 'ARG' promotion last longer than till the release-date?" - jerryhopper
  • "Considering the ASCII animation we saw showing a ball smashing a wall, is BIS planning to add more complex destruction physics to buildings in Arma3?" - MadDogX, Sergeantshizzle, the_antipop
  • "Is the quote "The world will change" related to new terrain technology?" - neokika
  • "Is there a rail-gun on lemnos and thats the reason why we are recapturing/invading it?" - -Paladin-
  • "Was there some hidden code on the map found in the first hack?" - PBishop
  • "Were we supposed to use the tools located next to TimeSeeker/ directory: BrainCrypter/, DocGuard/, MassConfuser/, MindControl/, MissileGuide/, TimeBorer/ ?" - Przemek_kondor
  • "Is there a direct relation between the results found by seeker.exe, especially between Miller's birth date and the rest of those?" - PuFu
  • "Were we supposed to gain access the P8h8.info FTP server?" - -Puma-
  • "Did you had a plan B in case no one could go to the RL location of Spukayevs house or just couldnt find the map?" - PurePassion
  • "The ARG mentioned Spukayev... does this mean that ArmA 3 is a continuation of the ArmA 2 tale?" - RangerPL
  • "Is the map which was burried (first Hack) part of a plan to invade Europe?" - ScratcH1
  • "Is or was the final image of the 4 combined logic gated arma 2 screenshots a REAL photo from real life?" - Sothis
  • "Did the "Vote Chedaki" billboard picture from the second hack hold any significance other than hiding the submarine in it?" - Stupidwhitekid75
  • "The hackers often used chinese characters. Will chinese forces appear in Arma3?" - sweguy96 (paraphrased)
  • "Since the first two hints directly pointed at the ChdKZ will they play a role/be of any importance in Arma 3?" - Tonci87
  • "Were screen caps of in game physics used as an aid to create the ASCII animation of the ball hitting the wall? " - Trauma.au
  • "Since the hackers were persian, will persian forces appear in Arma3?" - [GR]Operative (paraphrased)

So which of those could potentially be dropped or merged? Also, could any of them be rephrased to provide more interesting answers?

Edited by MadDogX
woops, overlooked one

Perhaps a rephrase (or whatever) for this question:

To this:

"Did we find and solve all the clues in the ARG?" - Ben_S, Glowbal

Great, I 100% agree. This is very smart rephrasing.

I could, with "broken heart", omit some of these questions.

1. "Is there a direct relation between the results found by seeker.exe, especially between Miller's birth date and the rest of those?" - PuFu

2. "Is Scott Miller British?" - AussieTerry84

3."Is there a rail-gun on lemnos and thats the reason why we are recapturing/invading it?" - -Paladin-

4."Were we supposed to gain access the P8h8.info FTP server?" - -Puma-

5."Did you had a plan B in case no one could go to the RL location of Spukayevs house or just couldnt find the map?" - PurePassion

6."The ARG mentioned Spukayev... does this mean that ArmA 3 is a continuation of the ArmA 2 tale?" - RangerPL

7."In regards to china being mentioned in the ARG... is the "bad" ending of PMC canonical?" - InstaGoat

8."Did the "Vote Chedaki" billboard picture from the second hack hold any significance other than hiding the submarine in it?" - Stupidwhitekid75

9."Is there a chance, that the 'community' can play a role in this ARG story and will this 'ARG' promotion last longer than till the release-date?" - jerryhopper

to Q.2 Isn't it already confirmed, non directly?

to Q.3 Very good question, but I though dev wouldn't want spoil story and for someone surprising gun. leave in this question, I'm really curious

to Q.6,7 It seems similar. Compress to one?

to Q.8 For some reason don't think that hide other secrets.

All questions are great, just my thoughts about it.

Edited by BoboCZ

^^ I agree with most of those points.

Especially the ones about Scott Miller being British and BIS having a "plan B" seem extraneous. Like you said, the former is pretty much confirmed, and I would say the latter is purely academic.

I'll move those two to the "dropped" section in the wiki until someone disagrees.

As for PuFu's question (#1), I'd rather leave it in if we can. The same with #4 - even though I'm pretty sure the FTP server wasn't part of the ARG; but you never know... :)

I also agree with dropping #8 and #9. I didn't see any indication of the Chdkz billboard holding any other clues, and BIS made it pretty clear that the ARG was over in that final AAN article. If we wanted to continue it with community involvement, we would probably be better off just PM'ing them about it. ;)

Removing those ones too until told otherwise.

EDIT: The list is now down to 22 questions. :)

As for compressing #6 and #7, do you have any suggestions?

Edited by MadDogX

Maybe we could negotiate with devs to increase questions number to 25. :o

Number 20 is too drastic. ;)

you guys forgot 1 important question:

will there be more ARG games?

P.S. need to merge it...

Actually, it's 15. :) The rest 5 (in order) are only a backup for questions we can't (intentionally or not) answer and non-ARG-related ones.

Actually, it's 15. :) The rest 5 (in order) are only a backup for questions we can't (intentionally or not) answer and non-ARG-related ones.

Oh yes, of course - the order is also important... that means we also need to decide which ones come first and thus get highest priority. :o

Devs please don't read it! Please leave this meeting room. Secret act!! ;)

I would put some controversial questions between 10-15, even if they don't answer, it should means something.

Edited by BoboCZ

Well, I've compiled my own personal favirites list (ordered :)):

1. "Considering the ASCII animation we saw showing a ball smashing a wall, is BIS planning to add more complex destruction physics to buildings in Arma3?" - MadDogX, Sergeantshizzle, the_antipop
  2. "Did we find and solve all the clues in the ARG?" - Ben_S, Glowbal (paraphrased)
  3. "Is or was the final image of the 4 combined logic gated arma 2 screenshots a REAL photo from real life?" - Sothis
  4. "The ARG mentioned Spukayev... does this mean that ArmA 3 is a continuation of the ArmA 2 tale?" - RangerPL
  5. "In regards to china being mentioned in the ARG... is the "bad" ending of PMC canonical?" - InstaGoat
  6. "Is the quote "The world will change" related to new terrain technology?" - neokika
  7. "Was there some hidden code on the map found in the first hack?" - PBishop
  8. "Were screen caps of in game physics used as an aid to create the ASCII animation of the ball hitting the wall? " - Trauma.au
  9. "Is there a direct relation between the results found by seeker.exe, especially between Miller's birth date and the rest of those?" - PuFu
  10. "Will the Astute class nuclear submarine be included?" - Babylonjoke
  11. "Were we supposed to gain access the P8h8.info FTP server?" - -Puma-
  12. "The hackers often used chinese characters. Will chinese forces appear in Arma3?" - sweguy96 (paraphrased)
  13. "Since the hackers were persian, will persian forces appear in Arma3?" - [GR]Operative (paraphrased)
  14. "Since the first two hints directly pointed at the ChdKZ will they play a role/be of any importance in Arma 3?" - Tonci87
  15. "Were we supposed to use the tools located next to TimeSeeker/ directory: BrainCrypter/, DocGuard/, MassConfuser/, MindControl/, MissileGuide/, TimeBorer/ ?" - Przemek_kondor
  16. "Did the contents of the files during the "Monday, May 9th 2011, 12:00 CEST" hack have any deeper meanings than the ones that we noticed?" - bobtom
  17. "Is there a rail-gun on lemnos and thats the reason why we are recapturing/invading it?" - -Paladin-
  18. "Have (Monday May 9th) forum's posts deeper meaning(hint something) why they were posted in 14 specific threads?" - BoboCZ
  19. "The codes found on the RL map: 97 NAV, 91 NAV, 17 AB etc. Are they related to fictional military units?" - dale0404
  20. "Does the map which was burried (first Hack) show a plan to invade Europe? " - ScratcH1

Edited by MadDogX

OK

....... only 17(rail-gun)<-->14(15)??

Well, I've compiled my own personal favirites list (ordered :)):

• "Considering the ASCII animation we saw showing a ball smashing a wall, is BIS planning to add more complex destruction physics to buildings in Arma3?" - MadDogX, Sergeantshizzle, the_antipop
  • "The ARG mentioned Spukayev... does this mean that ArmA 3 is a continuation of the ArmA 2 tale?" - RangerPL
  • "Will the Astute class nuclear submarine be included?" - Babylonjoke
  • "The hackers often used chinese characters. Will chinese forces appear in Arma3?" - sweguy96 (paraphrased)
  • "Since the hackers were persian, will persian forces appear in Arma3?" - [GR]Operative (paraphrased)
  • "Since the first two hints directly pointed at the ChdKZ will they play a role/be of any importance in Arma 3?" - Tonci87
  • "Is there a rail-gun on lemnos and thats the reason why we are recapturing/invading it?" - -Paladin-

Again, should questions like these be included? These are more to do with the actual game and we will find this stuff out soon anyway. We might never get a chance to know what we missed from the ARG. And as for these:

• "Were screen caps of in game physics used as an aid to create the ASCII animation of the ball hitting the wall? " - Trauma.au
  • "Is the quote "The world will change" related to new terrain technology?" - neokika

The ASCII seemed a fairly simple and standard physics demonstration. I don't think it's likely that screenshots were used, or relevant if they were.

"The world will change" clearly also refers to the events of the story, and again, if the quote does refer to new technology we will find this out in due course.

Well, like I said, that is my personal favorites list. You are free to make one of your own, and then we can see if we can reconcile them, somehow. :)

It's not going to be easy, of course, especially if 10-15 people jump in here with their own lists, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Yep, good list but I think my questions should be re-phrased to

Does the map which was burried (first Hack) show a plan to invade Europe?

Yep, good list but I think my questions should be re-phrased to
Does the map which was burried (first Hack) show a plan to invade Europe?

Hehe, yeah the way it was originally phrased does kind of sound like you're asking BIS if they plan to personally start an invasion of Europe. ;)

The ASCII seemed a fairly simple and standard physics demonstration. I don't think it's likely that screenshots were used, or relevant if they were.

The question can be clearly answered: NO. If it was ingame, you would see some surroundings of buildings, terrain, etc...

Also the ASCII animation might originate from this youtube video:

I agree to give questions targeting unsolved issue with the ARG higher priority before moving on to questions that seem to be just confirmation questsions like "will this or that technology be used?". We will find those out soon enough.

Hehe, yeah the way it was originally phrased does kind of sound like you're asking BIS if they plan to personally start an invasion of Europe. ;)

Hehe, yeah but who knows... the hackers might have been real and they wanted to warn us of BIS' secret plans to invade Europe :D

Uh, I was off on exercise for the end of the ARG, but where the heck does this railgun come from? I keep thinking it's a joke when I see it.

Hehe, yeah but who knows... the hackers might have been real and they wanted to warn us of BIS' secret plans to invade Europe :D

Not Europe.... the world!

Uh, I was off on exercise for the end of the ARG, but where the heck does this railgun come from? I keep thinking it's a joke when I see it.

It was one of the 21 questions in the final riddle that revealed the date and time of the announcement.

Create a poll to determine the top 20?

Feel free to try.