Sign in to follow this  
Damu

Pre-announcement ARG answers to questions discussion

The simplest question is :

What are the most significant differences between Arma 2 and Arma 3?

(p.s. i hope destructible terrain too, lol)

What are the most significant differences between Arma 2 and Arma 3?

Just out of interest, do you expect the devs to answer that question with "Yes", or are you more pessimistic and expecting a "no"? :rolleyes:

Right, sorry, the enthusiasm and excitement led me to ask this question even though I read the rules,lol.

So: Will we finally see distructible terrain?

Will we finally see distructible terrain?

Now just link that question to the ARG somehow and you have a winner.

Excuse me for questions before.English language problems.I just read that someone did the same question that I have just done.

anyway : Will be the "ASTUTE" (the nuclear submarine) included? (refers to an hack screen)

This will help us to know if british faction is included

Edited by Babylonjoke

Is Cpt Scott Miller the main character?

Is he British? (screenies show US flags on soldiers)

Pick one. :)

I would favor question #2, since the first one is almost certain.

EDIT:

A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

Question #1 already confirmed. I'll add #2 to the list. ;)

EDIT 2:

I've gone ahead and put two questions on the "dropped / compressed" list:

"Did any BIS employee suffer injuries from falling off his/her seat laughing about the communitys attemps to solve the arg?" - fransie

"Is it the ENTIRE Lemnos island?" - MulleDK

The former because it doesn't seem all that serious, the second because the question has more or less been answered. Once again, anyone not liking what I'm doing, make yourself heard. :)

Edited by MadDogX

will you improve the ai in terms of them reacting more realistic on camo/clothes/ghillie, gras, bushes, trees & forests?

thats the most depressing thing about arma imo atm, the ai shoots through bushes, gras, trees and in or out of forests on a distance of 600m deadly accurate.

And yet, it has nothing to do with the ARG. ;)

Another that could be taken out:

"Did you know about the Arma 3 NVidia driver profile when the ARG was going on?" - PeterBitt

99.9% sure they did, but this information doesn't seem very valuable anyway.

Maybe they did, maybe it was an mistake, it doesn´t really matter. We won´t get any valuable information out of it

Regarding the map on the first clue, two questions. Did you really put that map there waiting for someone to find it or a BIS employee was the one who post the photos on bis forums?

Second one: With this map do you plan to make expansions with the history of an enemy army invading europe?

Regarding the map on the first clue, two questions. Did you really put that map there waiting for someone to find it or a BIS employee was the one who post the photos on bis forums?

Second one: With this map do you plan to make expansions with the history of an enemy army invading europe?

to 1st question: If I remember correctly one BI employee (graphic designer?) live there, so he could bury map there. And I'm sure that UnuldorCZ is real, no BI's spy.

Hi there.

i know its more than one question, therefore i try to pack it into 1.

ARG is most commonly used as a sales-trick ( viral ), which ends after a few months.

We have seen more like this (ARG) in the past ( flashpoint, arma, arma2 (teh GUBA files) ) & like websites (AAN news, with clue's etc.) and the BLOG around queens arma/qgambit

Is there a chance, that the 'community' can play a role in this ARG story and will this 'ARG' promotion last longer than till the release-date? like some sort of roleplaying in the never-ending arma story ( sahranistudio's is at ur service, as im about to switch jobs for less stress and more freetime )

Tadaa! Two questions combined as one, and ARG related :)

Did BIS have plans to keep the ARG going on longer than this?

Will ARMA3 improve the light and shadows?

Edit: Sorry I made a mistake...

Edited by msy

Will ARMA3 improve the light and shadows?

ARG related...not

how hard could it be to comprehend a few simple propositions in english

Now how is this ARG related?

Edit: Damn ninjad by pufu

We put "No images over 100kb" in the photography thread titles, people still do it. We also put "Pictures only NO comments" and people still comment.

In the end, people act before they think. :)

... Or read, in these cases.

Edited by Zipper5

NVIDIA's ARMA 3 profile was supposed to be there at the time the ARG was initiated?

I quite like the questions you've gathered so far. Keep it up! :)

So, how's about a deadline for today, 12 noon CEST? (In 5 hours, 15 minutes, as of this post)

EDIT: We're currently at 25 questions, so we need to find five to drop. All of the remaining ones are looking pretty good, so this is gonna be tough.

Edited by MadDogX