Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

CONFIRMED:

This video is probably the best thing from entire E3.

Seconded. (Aside from a previous E3 video, seeing the AI run round a corner and whip its gun at the surprise threat of the player - and then get mowed down in full auto with a beautiful tensioned ragdoll finish.)

Looking significantly more than promising BIS!

Many environmental restrictions I didn't like in OA are being removed, or hinted at in this vid. Keep the bar high, you won't fail. Your talent has already shown through.

Yeah, that village was truly impressive. The mil camp as well.

@Devs: How big is that village in comparison to the others?

CONFIRMED:

snakes (gamestar video #5 2:28)

Awesome. Nice observation. I've seen it several times and I never noticed :o So, uhm, do they bite? Medics get new ability to "suck out poison"? Would be a first for a game :D

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=66941 5:05 - 5:11.... Wtf.

Other than that it looks amazing. However it looked like the large warehouses on the airbase are non enter able. An there was a lot of them. The ATC tower looked like you could camp up in. and thats nice.

Actually i have to take that back. I watched it again and at least one of the warehouses have windows you can see through. So there is hope.

Edited by Angle

Medics get new ability to "suck out poison"? Would be a first for a game :D

Well..this particular animation could be on use in other mods too :P

3-crookstitle.jpg

?

xD

attachto ftw :o

Its just that the world doesn't revolve around our small comunity and we are not always the centre of BIS attention.
This appears to be the part that the old fanatics seem to have the most difficulty comprehending. I mean seriously, "The problem is that other people/AI will use it"? :rolleyes:

By the way, has anyone noticed the screenshot from about three weeks ago in PC Gamer in this article where an Iranian OPFOR soldier is using an EBR from atop a tower? Could be unit placement, could be AI "deciding" to climb a ladder... but how did he get that EBR? :confused:

The EBR is likely a placeholder for the Iranian soldier. I believe there's been other screenshots with them holding blufor weaponry.

This appears to be the part that the old fanatics seem to have the most difficulty comprehending. I mean seriously, "The problem is that other people/AI will use it"? :rolleyes:

By the way, has anyone noticed the screenshot from about three weeks ago in PC Gamer in this article where an Iranian OPFOR soldier is using an EBR from atop a tower? Could be unit placement, could be AI "deciding" to climb a ladder... but how did he get that EBR? :confused:

There´s multiple screenshots around with soldiers from both sides using the EBR. Either BI are going for "universal weapons for all sides" Modern Warfare style or it´s a placeholder.

There´s multiple screenshots around with soldiers from both sides using the EBR. Either BI are going for "universal weapons for all sides" Modern Warfare style or it´s a placeholder.
According to IMFDB, one of the screenshots has an Iranian OPFOR soldier toting the KAC LMG ("Mk 200"), but to date the Mk 20 and the TAR-21 haven't "crossed sides".

Please, please, PLEASE don't take out the 3D editor, or at least add it later. I can understand that more focus is put on DayZ since it gives the money, but please don't abandon it. In my opinion the most important thing about the series is the moddability, and to me, honestly, I would rather have no campaign at all, but a 3D editor so that users can make their own campaigns.

But one advantage that a company with no publisher has is that it is up to themselves if they want to add things later. We all know mod support won't be in BF3 pretty much ever, because of the cash that DLC rolls in. Hopefully BI sticks to their roots and allows user-generated content, along with the necessary tools to create it such as the 3D editor.

Please, please, PLEASE don't take out the 3D editor, or at least add it later. I can understand that more focus is put on DayZ since it gives the money, but please don't abandon it. In my opinion the most important thing about the series is the moddability, and to me, honestly, I would rather have no campaign at all, but a 3D editor so that users can make their own campaigns.

But one advantage that a company with no publisher has is that it is up to themselves if they want to add things later. We all know mod support won't be in BF3 pretty much ever, because of the cash that DLC rolls in. Hopefully BI sticks to their roots and allows user-generated content, along with the necessary tools to create it such as the 3D editor.

Ffs how many times does it have to be said that DayZ isn't the reason for the 3D editor not being included in the game alpha/release?

Maybe your feelings would be more fitting in one of the wishlist threads, this thread is for confirmed features and so far we know that the 3D editor is not confirmed for the alpha/release.. Thanks, feel free to say something about it here again if BIS say something about including it post-release etc.

Hey look I'll even give you the links:

ArmA 3: Community wishes & ideas|NO DISCUSSION

ArmA 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

It has probably been answered many times before, but has there been any word about dismembering in ArmA 3?

It has probably been answered many times before, but has there been any word about dismembering in ArmA 3?

In the new ARMA3 Gamescom teaser video it doesn't show any dismemberment when the troops are hit by the artillery fire but there are some nice looking blood effects when the infantry are having the firefight inside the building.

So the delay because they are upgrading the PhsyX engine have nothing to do with adding this?

In the new ARMA3 Gamescom teaser video it doesn't show any dismemberment when the troops are hit by the artillery fire but there are some nice looking blood effects when the infantry are having the firefight inside the building.

What new video? ;O

So the delay because they are upgrading the PhsyX engine have nothing to do with adding this?

No. They said somewhere that they will not be adding dismemberment themselves, but it will be possible if someone wants to mod it in.

Link pls

Just spotted this whilst reading around on the ARMA3 website, with regards to:

Civilian vehicles

Relatively fast-looking pimped-up vehicle on the right!

Sorry if this has already been posted, I've just never noticed it myself!

web_factions_artwork.jpg

Here's what looks like the interior of said-car.

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1108_15.jpg (257KB)

Not that this 'confirmed feature' is of much interest to most people, I just thought it looked pretty neat!