Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

To all of the above, yes, I though so too, and I even posted this picture, but I edited it about a minute later because I felt I was wrong. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIIIIIGHT.

Also, this was the picture I posted below the in-game one.

Also the Nato soldiers in these pictures seem to be carrying Tavor rifles along with the MXs and Kriss SMGs this time. Weapons being switched around? Maybe we´ll see a new, proper Opfor rifle this time around at Gamescom?

Also the Nato soldiers in these pictures seem to be carrying Tavor rifles along with the MXs and Kriss SMGs this time. Weapons being switched around? Maybe we´ll see a new, proper Opfor rifle this time around at Gamescom?

By this picture, Tavor seems to be the Iran standard rifle, which makes sense if they invaded Israel (didn't read the history yet...).

The BLUFOR "standard" AR in 2011 screenshots was a custom long-barreled F2000 Tactical variant* (under the name Mk 20) but this year it's been the MX 6.5 mm in screenshots, while the CTAR-21 (under the name TRG-21) has remained the OPFOR assault rifle.

* This old ARMA 3 screenshot has the muzzle being further out than even the semiauto-only FS2000 whose barrel is slightly longer than the regular F2000/F2000 Tactical.

Do you know if volumetric clouds cast shadows ? what about other particles like smoke ?

There's another piece of gun info in this video at about 8:15 into the video, appears that the TAR-21 is now a 6.5mm assault rifle called the TRG-21.

Edited by OnlyRazor

The new ragdoll death animations are so much better than the old death animations. It looks great the way the soldier on top of the hill falls down.

Will we be able to enter a vehicle like a Chinook and be able to stand inside the vehicle while its in motion without needing to do scripted attachTo stuff? I think this is in VBS2 but I don't know if it is a planned feature for ArmA 3.

Will we be able to enter a vehicle like a Chinook and be able to stand inside the vehicle while its in motion without needing to do scripted attachTo stuff? I think this is in VBS2 but I don't know if it is a planned feature for ArmA 3.

It doesn't seem like that will be possible but I guess that doesn't mean that it won't be.

^^ actualy maturin I think that may be a collision issue, or rather the lack of one. But lol, I thought for a moment they may have been sneeking in dismemberment.

^^ actualy maturin I think that may be a collision issue, or rather the lack of one. But lol, I thought for a moment they may have been sneeking in dismemberment.

Yeah, if you watch it closely you can see that it's just clipping through the edge of the ship wreckage.

It was a prosthetic arm, the diver required an artificial limb because his real arm was bitten off by a shark in 2027.

Anyone notice that the Iranians' gear look pretty much the same as current Israeli gear? The tank, apc, and the standard infantry rifle looks pretty much the same. Seeing how they're enemies I don't think that's very appropriate.

Anyone notice that the Iranians' gear look pretty much the same as current Israeli gear? The tank, apc, and the standard infantry rifle looks pretty much the same. Seeing how they're enemies I don't think that's very appropriate.

Oh no! How could we have missed seeing this for over a year and not had several lengthy discussions about it already.

I don't know ourself anymore.

The Armaversum timeline has diverged from ours for over fifty years (Resistance is set in 1982), so how do you know that the Iranians didn't simply come up with those designs instead of the Israelis in the Armaversum timeline?

Look at the helicopter at the very end of the clip.

You can clearly see his rotor wash pushing the smoke from rockets he is firing. :O

That is damn correct! :)

You can clearly see his rotor wash pushing the smoke from rockets he is firing. :O

How do the developers restrain themselves from revealing divine features like this to the community!

How do the developers restrain themselves from revealing divine features like this to the community!

They didn't. I remember another video where the an AH-6 (9?) fired the rockets and the presenter specifically pointed that out.

MFW+that+made+me+jizz+in+my+pants+_289236b5ca99898b83dc123556ee3c31.jpg

Precisely what I thought. You could see that the particles themselves are (subjectively) of lower quality, which allows for this kind of interaction. I'd love to see a smoke grenade beside a transport helo.

This wouldn't be an issue on it's own but it seems both opposing factions use the same set of armor (fictional merkavas with different camo schemes). We haven't seen any non-merkava armor yet, other than that one screenshot with some advanced Russian? tank.

Now see this is something I'd like to see more examples of just to see how far it goes. Like for smoke grenades, smoke from burning wreckage, possibly (but unlikely) with clouds. I noticed that with explosions and such the particles are much more reactive to the "wind" in the game as seen in the demonstrations in E3 and Gamescom.