Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

I don't know if it fits in this discussion.

Will there be a dense urban environment?

Maybe not like BF3 but going that direction anyway?

I'd like to feel something like "Black hawk down".

Which improvements over Arma 2 did you notice immediately? (@keenanw)

Scale and terrain detail. Creative Director Ivan Buchta gave me an exclusive look at Limnos by hopping around different points Arma 3’s editor. It’s more beautiful and authentic than any developer- or player-made island I’ve seen in Arma.

Myrina, its largest city, is easily two or two and a half times the area of Chernogorsk (Arma 2’s largest city). But it’s not just “more objects;†the variety of structures and the detail they’re granted makes the terrain feel much more developed and authentic. Buchta showed me an enterable airport terminal, a cemetery, a power plant, school playground, high school athletics track, a beach with colored umbrellas stuck into the sand, and a basketball court at night, lit by floodlights.

Exploring Limnos is going to be a joy. I can’t wait to fight in these areas; structures instantly appeared and felt less static, and less like cardboard facsimiles, as they sometimes do in A2. 80-90 percent of the buildings I saw were enterable.

From the PC Gamer interview

Just one question since we "discovered" the MX 6.5 have BI showed any fotage of the F2000?

If not does it mean that the f2000 was just a placeholder?

Also for weapons should we add vehicle mounted weapons?

I don't know if it fits in this discussion.

Will there be a dense urban environment?

Maybe not like BF3 but going that direction anyway?

I'd like to feel something like "Black hawk down".

Thanks!

Now if only they could make it look alive...

Not sure what you mean? BF3 has zero life outside of soldiers -no civilians, animals, bugs etc...

Release in 2013? (listen at 4:30)

Flash Suppressors and other barrel attachments WORK. (6:35)

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381268/arma-3-demonstration?hd=1

Good. I was already worried about the planned 2012 release period. The project is massive, while funds allow, they should take all the time they need. Arma 3 is only just about to generate real interest, so anything they announce now will probably stay in the public memory. So better plan a little too long than too short. The common gamer won´t like having to wait half a year for bugs and flaws to be ironed out.

I think the F2000 pictures were taken before the MX was finished. Remember, when we first saw the new rifle, it didn´t even have finished animations. Quite possible the F2000 was relegated to a tier2 weapon, or is used by some other faction, or is a special forces type of weapon.

I think the F2000 pictures were taken before the MX was finished. Remember, when we first saw the new rifle, it didn´t even have finished animations. Quite possible the F2000 was relegated to a tier2 weapon, or is used by some other faction, or is a special forces type of weapon.

It's hard to tell...

1. Not all the weapons are finished. I mean we saw Iranian regulars armed with the EBR and the Mk200 (KAC LMG)

2. We saw plenty of pics of what looked like NATO regulars armed with the the Mk 20, but at the same time we also have that screen with the SOF guys riding the MH-9 armed with the Mk 20

What ever the case, it's good to have both rifles as they are both sexy ;)

One of the new e3 screens shows the mk20 I think. The thing is, the mk20 is definitely in the game. But I don't think the mk20 was ever meant to be the default weapon for nato.

And who are the Nato regulars, and who are the SF? I thought they were all SF.

One of the new e3 screens shows the mk20 I think. The thing is, the mk20 is definitely in the game. But I don't think the mk20 was ever meant to be the default weapon for nato.

The Ben Kerry character appears to be part of a run-of-the-mill US Army formation. Special Forces in the game will be british tier 1 oorah operationally operational operators, apparently.

Not anymore. The story has been changed. We have a mix of US 7'th Div. members and prob 10'th SOG.

SOF guys. < Notice the fatigues and the "Spec Ops" (OPS-CORE FAST) Helmets

"Regulars" , This is the most common gear loadout seen

Edited by Maio
biscuits and spelling error

Not anymore. They story has been changed. We have a mix of US 7'th Div. members and prob 10'th SOG.

I kinda expected different body armor though. I see what you're saying. I just expected more than just the helmet to be different. But yeah, I know what you're saying.

Not anymore. They story has been changed. We have a mix of US 7'th Div. members and prob 10'th SOG.

The personell lists Scott Miller, still as a british national. Technically he´s probably still part of SBS, so the CTRG´s field combat arm is probably something like Tom Clancy´s International Rainbow AT team, or the multi-national TF-141 of that fishy railshooter.

I hope Gamescom will begin to reveal things about the campaign. I like the four characters, it sort of resembles OFP. OA did too and sucked, so that may or may not indicate greatness. The SP gameplay is particularily important to me because most of the time, my internet can´t handle MP, and I don´t have the time and energy to suvserve myself to the rules, regulations and demands of a Squad or Clan.

To me, the SP campaign will be a make or break factor where Arma 3 is concerned.

Gamespot presentation, around 13:25 you can see Ivan using the two different features of the Mark 4 HAMR, first the scope and then the DeltaPoint.

Kinda new, multiple features, same attachment, amiright?

Gamespot presentation, around 13:25 you can see Ivan using the two different features of the Mark 4 HAMR, first the scope and then the DeltaPoint.

Kinda new, multiple features, same attachment, amiright?

Nope :p This feature has been introduced in Operation Arrowhead.

EDIT

I'll add it to the list anyway for those who are not familiar with it :)

@maio, these are awesome old news for me haha :)

So which scope in OA can i use the same way??

@maio, these are awesome old news for me haha :)

So which scope in OA can i use the same way??

I've been away from my gaming PC for some time now so I cant give you an exact answer, but most of the NATO optical scopes have secondary sights ( for example the ACOG on the Czech M4). If I recall correctly, you have to press numpad / by default to switch modes.

Edited by Maio

Ok, I'm not sorting through all 100+ pages here, does anybody know if the A-10 will be in the game? I didn't see it listed on the front page of this thread. I will be MOST let down if they remove the A-10. Also, I'm hoping it'll be easier to coordinate between infantry and aircraft when it comes to target designations.

Ok, I'm not sorting through all 100+ pages here,

How about reading the first post then? :mad: